The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Sausage party! :grimacing:

1 Like

There are no wieners in a plane crash only losers :flight_arrival:

6 Likes

@Pilgrimsmaster did some editing

3 Likes

That looks pretty dang good to me!

That would be awesome, especially with some kind of AR functionality that you could use to map out and visualize your implants. Would make chip tetris a breeze.

1 Like

Yup! Exactly the kind of things I plan on doing!

1 Like

agreed

much better, almost there

you could try these to help visualize

1 Like

Nice I never saw that thread. The titan will be very useful as itā€™s not a basic shape :ok_hand:

Pretty basic as a CAD

especially when amal posted the dimensions on the webpage

didnā€™t take me long at all

1 Like

I meant one of the standard ones you get in a game engine without modeling them, box, capsule, sphere, cylinder.

Ah, gotcha

Are there any specific file formats you can import?

hereā€™s a post with some file extensions examples from SolidWorks

Usually I work with .fbx but I have blender so I should be able to either convert or copy them if needed.
Iā€™m not too deep into cad, usually I use tinkercad for 3D printing.

1 Like

Everyone wants to use metricā€¦ until it matters :wink:

4 Likes

8 Likes

Can a thermal camera make out implants? Maybe after applying ice? My guess is the implant would take longer to warm up than the surrounding tissue since thereā€™s no fluid flowing in it. Maybe itā€™s not noticable :thinking:

I doubt it. But x series implants will show up on a vein viewer.

In theory Since glass is has worse thermal properties than flesh, so there would be a point heating or cooling the area where the glass is at a different temperature?

But thermal also usually only sees surface last I checkedā€¦ so even if your implant was 2 degrees warmer or colder than surrounding skinā€¦ it would need to effect the surface temp? Which probably takes more energy than the minimal difference in temperature?

2 Likes

Yeah you can definitely feel it during the winter with close to freezing temperatures. Thereā€™s a lingering cold spot where the glassies are as soon as you get in a warmer environment. I think other forum members mentioned that too. I bet itā€™s even more noticeable with magnets since they are a nice solid chunk of metal but I donā€™t remember if that was the case for me.

1 Like

This is an xG3 from months ago. Installed bevel up because I was to busy filming to notice the installer was doing it that way.
Any way see the black spot ? Itā€™s been there almost since the beginning. Itā€™s under the skin and wonā€™t budge no matter how much I torture it. :sweat_smile: Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s one of those skin flaps, stuck in there and slowly being destroyed. It will go away eventually but Iā€™m impatient !
Anyone have one?

1 Like

The discoloration is likely because blood got trapped between two pieces of skin. It will go away but itā€™ll take a long time.

2 Likes

Your question made me curious so I did a few tests:

1 Hand at ā€œroomā€ temperature.

While I was moving the camera around to take this image I was able to convince myself that at certain angles I could make out a vaguely cooler blob but I think it was just a combination of wishful thinking and knowing where the chip is.

2 Cooled the area around the chip with ice
HeatTestB
The chip (a 2x12mm NTAG216) is pretty much in the centre of the darkest blue area

3 Warmed the surface with water.
HeatTestC
I used warm water because it conducts heat so efficiently that I thought that gave me the best chance of rapidly heating just the surface.

Objectively, despite occasionally deciding that maybe I could see a very slight difference, I think this shows that heat cameras donā€™t reveal chips. Partly because, as Erequiet said, the reading is superficial so the chip would have to cool down the skin above it to show up and partly because I think that chips are so small and so completely enveloped in the skin around them that they probably cool/heat at almost exactly the same speed as their surroundings.

4 Likes