The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

The discoloration is likely because blood got trapped between two pieces of skin. It will go away but itā€™ll take a long time.

2 Likes

Your question made me curious so I did a few tests:

1 Hand at ā€œroomā€ temperature.

While I was moving the camera around to take this image I was able to convince myself that at certain angles I could make out a vaguely cooler blob but I think it was just a combination of wishful thinking and knowing where the chip is.

2 Cooled the area around the chip with ice
HeatTestB
The chip (a 2x12mm NTAG216) is pretty much in the centre of the darkest blue area

3 Warmed the surface with water.
HeatTestC
I used warm water because it conducts heat so efficiently that I thought that gave me the best chance of rapidly heating just the surface.

Objectively, despite occasionally deciding that maybe I could see a very slight difference, I think this shows that heat cameras donā€™t reveal chips. Partly because, as Erequiet said, the reading is superficial so the chip would have to cool down the skin above it to show up and partly because I think that chips are so small and so completely enveloped in the skin around them that they probably cool/heat at almost exactly the same speed as their surroundings.

4 Likes

Iā€™m glad someone tried :grin:
Did you keep looking as the cold one warmed back up? Also maybe something like an xG3 would be more noticeable?
Also big flexes. They create a barrier between the skin and the rest of the body :thinking:

Do you know if a 20 buck IR flashlight type will work?

Or does it have to be a professional job for a couple of grand?

I watched the whole thing because the viewfinder of the camera shows you in real time.

Something with a bigger mass to warm up may work better but I think that a barrier with the skin is actually counter-productive because to show up the object has to cool down the skin above it.

A bit like the fact that the light from a blinky is mostly the light that is diffused by the skin above it.

1 Like

You can use visible light if youā€™re patient and have done some photography before. Itā€™s cheap depending on what you already have :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Cool. Loved the visible light ā€œX-Rayā€ machine!

1 Like

Id love to hear it :grin:

I dropped the idea of teh V1 as sensing isnt gonna happen in that location, but a second V2 would be extremely useful ā€¦

Ive done some testing with a small neodymium magnet ā€œabout the size of the G3ā€ and 1in seam a hair too close ā€¦ but there is absolutely no attraction at 1.25" to 1.5" ā€¦

@Pilgrimsmaster can usernames be changed on the forum?

Yeah,
When you first join, i think you have 5 days to change it.

After that, An admin can change it.

Itā€™s preferred that people dont, and we dont want to be constantly changing peoples usernames on a whim when they get bored of it.

Try keeping up with Discord where people are constantly changing them.

You have easily earnt a name change if you want it, and if you choose to, at least it will be public and people will know from these posts.

Ideally, if it is something similar, that would be great, but not necessary

1 Like

Are you wanting to put them side by side or end on end?

Well my common username is just Az. I just made up the flyer part at the time for websites that didnā€™t accept 2 characters or when it was taken. I donā€™t know if either is the case but if not Iā€™d love to be Az or Az F.
Iā€™ll let you decide if thatā€™s ok I donā€™t mind if itā€™s not possible :wink:

I think Discourse will decide for you

I tried
Az

I tried
Az.

I tried
Az F

I tried
.Az

How does AzF suit you?
or
Az_F?
or any other requests?

1 Like

That works

2 Likes

Sold and Done :+1:

4 Likes

1688710801000-1688790960116

8 Likes

7 Likes

Not sure Iā€™d want to be a computer nowadays if Iā€™m gonna be old and obsolete in 2 years. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

*Beeps in agreement!

Yes, Iā€™m going to do the same one dayā€¦ Why isnā€™t the pilgrim conversion service available yet? Itā€™s going to be released Soonā„¢, I assume?

4 Likes

What about ā€œget to beepā€ donā€™t you understand?

4 Likes