The anti🚫-derailment🚃 & thread🧵 hijacking🔫 thread🧵 ⁉

Sorry, I didnt mean to hijack you.

Or a mini capacitor that charges off being read. If the xsiid can harvest energy to an led then surely it can harvest it for storage to a capacitor?

Can’t derail a derailment thread. I think there are issues with implanting capacitors. I can’t give the specifics but I’m sure someone here can.

Generally speaking it’s technically possible but practically impractical :wink: … capacitors lose charge so quickly through internal leakage that it’s not really all that viable for most things people want to do with powered implants… and mechanical components are large and … mechanical ew haha

obviously bullshit, but thought I would share anyway

1 Like

Yup it can. What do you want to do with that energy though? The strength of capacitors is that they can charge and discharge very quickly, unlike a chemical battery. Unfortunately their energy density is poor, and they lose voltage very quickly as they discharge, also unlike a chemical battery.

Here’s a breakdown I did for someone who asked this before.

I had a five minute conversation with myself and the only use i could come to is also a permanently on led lol. Im having wild impractical ideas about subdermal gpio boards. Oh well was good to hash it out with like minded people.

maybe an accelerometer that only lets the capacitor discharge with a large force is done, so it looks like youre releasing your charged mega karate chop

1 Like

You wouldn’t get much more than a few seconds out of a capacitor. With a 25mm li ion coin cell you can get 24h with a ~15 min charge. Including the wireless charging, battery and led and coating it would be a 27mm * 5mm disc.
If you’re willing to implant a battery that is, which has been done before, successfuly. Failure rate on coin cells is close to 0, it’s just that IF it fails then you’re f*d :man_shrugging:
If you change every night then the battery’s lifetime is also a factor though.

Im thinking something g3 sized. A ball bearing in the middle a small spring on both sides and a coil of copper around centre.

1 Like

Pity about the battery

NHS3100 works either battery-powered or NFC-powered.

From the datasheet

1 Like

I didn’t read that,

I’m more of an animated cow video kinda guy
:rofl:

2 Likes

4 Likes

The temp sensor is garbage though. Too much error margin for medical applications. @Satur9 and I actually worked on this years ago and yeah the sensor variability was just too great to be of any use.

3 Likes

Yeah I saw something like ±0.3°C error in the specs :confused:

It would be nothing more than a curio… not ideal.

RIP Kevin Mitnick

4 Likes

What about tours of the fulfillment center? Could add a product called “Cyborg Pilgrimage” where you get a guided tour, dinner with the boss, get a shiny sticker, and leave any removed implants at a shrine as a blessing to the R&D gods.

5 Likes