The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

This is a common misconception about what the word observer means in the context of the experiment. Itā€™s not the act of seeing something or observing anythingā€¦ It just literally means the only way we can actually know whatā€™s going on with a photon is by interacting with it using a sensor. An observer is nothing but a sensorā€¦ but the act of sensing fundamentally alters the state of the electron because you are interacting with it in order to observe itā€¦ So of course by interacting with it you have fundamentally changed it.

2 Likes

I see what you mean but Iā€™m not sure how that would stop us from projecting an interference pattern directly on the retina rather than on a piece of cardboard
Q2-P10-Laser-Diffraction-and-Interference-still-640x359

you can project all you want. the way your brain extrapolates the data will force you to make sense of it based on what your used to.

There are a lot of things that your brain just makes you not see. Like your nose. its always in your field of vision, but you dont see it. Visual Illusions, same thing, its just pictures that play on the brains behaviour of constantly trying to make sense of the environment.

Thinking about this though i remember something about a specific pattern that will permanantly rewire your brain and it messes with the way you see certain colors or something. id have to look it up.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Chip compatibility matrix - Google Sheets

This will probably get buried but I found a funny post from some rando on a travel blog/forum about RFID hand implants (pretty sure it was DangerousThings) and they went down the rabbit hole into RFID tech, transponders, prox, VeriChip, Amalā€™s TedTalk, the whole shebang. Probably an old post but Itā€™s a fun read. Thought this crowd would enjoy.

6 Likes

What!? @Pilgrimsmaster you :metal:

4 Likes

Oh boy! I cannot tell you how totally stoked I am (And how much I wish to thank @Pilgrimsmaster, lord of the emoji system) for the fact that the forum now has classic symbol emoticons! :classic_grin: :classic_grin: :classic_grin:

:classic_smile:
:classic_tongue:
:classic_annoy:

3 Likes

Hell yeah!!! :classic_grin:

2 Likes

I might need to darken them up a shade or two, so they look better in light theme

Screenshot_20230804_191057_Chrome

3 Likes

Iā€™m surprised thereā€™s not an option to have separate emojis for each theme.

3 Likes

There COULD be, I havenā€™t looked.
Itā€™s still easiervto just have one set though

1 Like

image image

5 Likes

So I remember a long time ago talking about local anaesthetics and what was available.

I have found a reasonable source for topical 20% Benzocaine USP. GoBioMed.com sell Dynarex Medicaine Sting and bite ampules. These are sold in boxes of 10 0.6ml (0.02 fl. oz.) ampules for $4.95 (currently on sale for $3.85)

I havenā€™t used these for numbing the skin prior to injection myself, but I thought those who might want to try such things might be interested.

3 Likes

interestingā€¦ worth a testā€¦ iā€™ll nab some

1 Like

oofā€¦ menthol ā€¦ thatā€™ll sting going in hahah! my hunch is that the topical will work but fade quickly and leave a coating of menthol on the skin that will get dragged in with the needleā€¦ and itā€™s non-sterileā€¦ not great. would be better if they subbed the menthol for isopropyl to have some antiseptic effectā€¦ probably not the best to use for implant procedures :confused:

1 Like

The Benzocaine and Menthol are marked as active ingredients. The inactive ingredients include dyes, PEG 300, isopropyl alcohol and purified water

The fourth photo shows the inactive ingredients. I have no idea how effective it is for numbing injection sites, I do know it works for numbing insect bites.

1 Like

Interesting. It probably wonā€™t work on skin that isnā€™t irritated or inflamed without occlusion and time. Fully intact healthy skin is quite resilientā€¦ But 20% is 20% and it might just do the trickā€¦ still worth testing.

Iā€™ve got a stack of these lidocaine patches. Use them on my bumb knee, but yesterday and today Iā€™ve used them for big bites after I my legs got absolutely ruined by bug bites lol
Numbs the area quite a bit, but based on my use with my knee, I donā€™t think itā€™d help with installs, however Iā€™m still going to try it with my next x series install haha

1 Like
3 Likes

7 Likes