The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Sorry to make you do work Pilgrim! :smiley:

lol same, though I wish it was my hands due to DT products haha

2 Likes

Ha, youā€™re all good, Iā€™m probably worse than anybody at derailing.
Your chat was still on topic, but just thought it better to leave the instal thread with more pictures than chatter

1 Like

I do go to that thread for the pics not the words XD

1 Like

lol definitely not!
I had my frustrations with the two previous donor centers I went to. I feel really lucky to have my current center, itā€™s my version of a spa. I go there stressed from life, lay in a padded chair, and watch YT vids for an hour and a half and get paid for it, then leave with less fat in my blood, and believe it or not more hydrated because I suck at drinking water before donating XD
They train in house for poking, so it would give me good practice with larger needles before I start the paramedic classes that deal with IVs which would give me a good head start!

I have a new kitten. My hands and forearms look like I had a fight with Wolverine. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

REMEMBER the rules everybody

Thread rules:

All replies must include a fur baby photo or video as tribute
Refer to rule 1

3 Likes

Thatā€™s great! Donā€™t let my frustrations with the American healthcare system discourage you, Iā€™m just bitter haha. With an EMT cert in some states I believe you can be a part of the medical supervisor department where you respond to reactions, do physicals, etc, and I hear they get paid well. And you donā€™t have to deal with quotas as much haha.

1 Like

I found a wonderful web tool that will make @Pilgrimsmaster hate me so much more

About to take the ā€œanything but metricā€œ to new heights (Or lows lol)

its even better that he found the first of my shitty units before I even got around to post this :slight_smile:

1 Like

I DONā€™T HATE YOU

1 Like

desire to measure in seagulls intensifies

5 Likes

I actually :emoji_laughing: at that

1 Like

A good thing on the forum is this function

1 Like

I donā€™t seem to have itā€¦ must be a sign from the universe to continue my wicked ways

2 Likes

Even Microsoft Word has an ā€œanything but metricā€ suggestion.

Screenshot (2)

4 Likes

Thatā€™s the browser, not the forum, that has this conversion tool.

1 Like

i have a great ruler to help you zero in on those freedom units.

Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 10.30.04 AM

4 Likes

But that ruler is made in Canada! Keep your D in a viceā€¦

1 Like

nah, its chinesium gold i tell ya! keep yer stick on da ice.

1 Like

Never going back to Discount Tire ever again!
They wouldnā€™t honor Continentalā€™s manufacturer warranty until i got the service writer to call continental and speak to a rep there today
Continental is apparently Discountā€™s largest supplier since theyā€™ve got so many sub brands. And Continental allows Discount to determine if an issue is a manufacturing defect or not. So all bubbles in the sidewall (which Continental is known for) are impact bubbles to them and not a defect.

The service writer tried to get me to pay for Discountā€™s warranty in case this ever happens again. I said no, and he acted like I just said something bad about his mother lol
Iā€™m going somewhere else to buy tires next time! There is no in case it happens again!

4 Likes

Thought Iā€™d share some local culture. For the those who donā€™t know, I live in what we Americans call ā€œthe southā€, basically the southeastern corner of the U.S.A. Traditionally itā€™s known as a bastion of backwardness and glorious incompatiblitly with sophistication. Iā€™m in Arkansas, not Florida, but google ā€œFlorida Manā€ for sampling of what Iā€™m talking about. Itā€™s a stereotype, and not always very accurate, but then you find shit like this.

This is a picture of the back of my local small town pharmacy.

Thatā€™s fishing lures, my friends. Thereā€™s three walls of it, and several freestanding displays. Thereā€™s 3-4 times as much fishing stuff as the local Wal-Mart carries.

In a little town, in the middle of nowhere, at the back of a teeny tiny pharmacy with no advertising to let you know itā€™s even there.

Today I live the redneck trope.
'Murica!
Glorious 'Murica.

2 Likes