The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Donā€™t

Just get the pinecil ( It comes with a fine tip ) and add a cable, use your current PD Powerbank

That will do pretty much everything you need/want

7/10

1 Like

The pinecil has a dc barrel jack on the back of it as well so any powersupply that plugs into it that is between 12 and 21V should be adequate. Same goes for any USB-C PD charger that can supply at least 36W.

edit: also be sure to use a brass sponge thingy. Wet kitchen sponge works in a pinch but the steam will eat away the tip of your soldering iron over time. Also, the brass scouring pads are cheap and last forever.

3 Likes

I just checked and my power bank is only 20w pd, so thatā€™s out lol

Iā€™m back to 50/50

Apparently cnc kitchen makes their own pine/ts101 tips specifically for heat insertsā€¦ so thatā€™s a plus

Ok, Iā€™ve got to ask again.
Have the emojis changed again?
I canā€™t select smiley again. Haha.
I know. Important thingsā€¦
But itā€™s been going on a while.
So Iā€™m curious.

And I remember it getting split Into two colums. And now itā€™s one again?
Anybody else?

Iā€™m back to my s22+ phone.

When I try desktop mode it just blinks for a fraction of a second but doesnā€™t show anything.

And I still canā€™t get it to show this place in landscape (ie rotate)

Appreciate any insight @Pilgrimsmaster
Thanks.

1 Like

Looks fine on my side.

Mine too

No problem there either

Maybe try the :logo_dt_circle: ā€œAppā€

You will buy the cheaper one, youā€™ll regret it, and then you will end up buying the pinecil.

so in the end youll pay double. you can use any PD Power brick to power the pinecil.

That case is alright, heres my solder station. Most expensive thing on the station is the solder. this has treated me very well for about 4 years now. i bought a cloth zippered case a while ago for my solder setup but it honestly was a hassle and this fit my needs much better.

2 Likes

I have the app. Right??
Wow.
No idea why mine is looking so different. Maybe Iā€™ll see if thereā€™s an app update?

Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

For those shipping to Martinique from the US here is my opinionsā€¦

DHL is crazy expensive. like 4x what most places rate.

USPS takes a month and it may get lost

UPS is quick, but if you dont put the correct verified phone number of the recipient they claim they contact the shipper (they dont) and then they threaten to destroy the package (they didnt). Then they extort the receiver in guise of ā€œtaxesā€. I think ill try Fedex next if have to send anything out to AZ_F

2 Likes

Glad I wasnā€™t the only one who had issues haha
Oh Az, what you shipped got lost at my local USPS, waiting on a call back. What the duck is going on with mail these days?? XD

1 Like

Welcome to the Caribbean :rofl::rofl::rofl: thatā€™s pretty much the experience with any service. This is why I stock up on stuff when I travel.

According to my dad FedEx is in the slow category.

Thanks for your patience to everyone involved. You people are awesome!

3 Likes

:duck::duck::duck:!

1 Like

Get rolled into the emergency room screaming ā€œI WANT MY HAND, DONT THROW AWAY MY HAND!!! ITS GOT CHIPS IN IT! I NEED THE RFID CHIPS IMPLANTED IN MY HAND!!!ā€
Nurse: Dudes fuckin crazy, send him to the psych floor after surgery.
EMT: What should we do with the hand?
Nurse: Send it to the morgue for cremation

1 Like

You mean precious metal recovery

1 Like

Also glass melting point is above cremation temps according to google. Youā€™re going to clog the ash collection device :rofl:

1 Like

But the solder will melt

3 Likes

Subtle / not so subtle product placement :wink:

2 Likes

lol if it were my product sure, but im selling these here at cost basically. on tindie however. Whole different story.

3 Likes

Now I want to see a ā€œburn testā€
95% for shits and giggles

Put it in a chicken breast, and take a propane torch to it for 30 second intervals

See how long it takes for the heat to soak in, and to get to a failure temperature

1 Like

giphy (1) (5)

4 Likes