The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Iā€™m not expecting a proper AP to come with a power adapter. And I prefer to use a PoE switch if possible.

Iā€™m still waiting for some things to happen before I can start ordering the WiFi stuff but Iā€™m already thinking about ordering a bunch of Ruckus APs regardlessā€¦ Help! Iā€™m under the control of Amalā€™s dialsā€¦

And Iā€™m no longer thinking about Ubiquitiā€¦ It looked basic at first but I donā€™t want to deal with someone elseā€™s computer if I donā€™t have to. I have the impression that they are kinda like an business oriented version of a Linksys router. Add cloud subscription nonsense and Iā€™ll run for the hillsā€¦

2 Likes
1 Like

3 week update. a majority of the UV ink was either pushed out or absorbed by my body. gonna go back in about 3-4 weeks to get it redone in hopes the scartissue helps retain the ink better.

2 Likes

Were there other UV ink options available?

Like what LordSethos2000 used :man_shrugging:

@coma How are your finger ones looking?

3 Likes

Yes, the are, but there is risk some have unsafe components in them. The brand ā€œMomā€™sā€ seems to be the most trusted and with the research I did was the safest so I went with an artist that used them

The hand is a rough place to tattoo, it sheds quickly, bleeds a lot and with how thin the ink is already I was aware of these risks. Apparently all UV ink has these issuesā€¦ but I may be unfortunate with how my body reacts to tattoos on the hand. My other tiny tattoo has needed touched up 6 different times

2 Likes

Dude, was that your Mrs penetrating you dry?

Lube is your friend buddy.

Iā€™m glad that your Walletmor is in AND working

Ideally the use of metal tools to push the flex implant in should be avoided.

At one stage it looked like the Walletmor took a small fold / kink, I hope this hasnā€™t broken / loosened the solder join.

I wouldnā€™t be too surprised if you have some issues in the future, But i REALLY REALLY hope iā€™m wrong.

Thanks for sharing, Its always appreciated.

Pretty sweet feeling paying with your hand aye? :pbjtime:

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: :credit_card:

4 Likes

Theyā€™ve chosen not to include the lube. It makes things insanely difficult.

1 Like

HEY WALLETMOR

Miss Smut Buttons ā€”Ćœberlube

:sweat_drops:
:needle_custom:
:flex:
:logo_walletmor:

2 Likes

The part where the needle tip was used to push in the walletmore gave me anxiety

4 Likes

Sweet! Does it have a chip or just xLED?

It has a NTAG IĀ²C Plus 2K (NT3H2211) chip

3 Likes

Jesus f*** christ, what a bloody mess. I am super happy I went to a pro to do my flex install with a scalpel.

Honestly it gave me headache first, then goosebumps

1 Like

Just because some of the smart peoples donā€™t go in the 3D print thread

1 Like

The leds all run on just a couple volts each. The strips have small resistors attached to each led to convert from a particular voltage down to what the led can handle. So if you get a 24v strip, itā€™ll plug straight into 24v.

Dimming leds is ā€¦ different. What you want is a PWM module. Pretty cheap on amazon. Its a small blob of electronics controlled by a rheostat / knob. Usually you can remote mount the knob for convenience.

3 Likes

I was thinking of a 555 timer. But I didnā€™t know that those modules were available. Alternatively, a buck converter can be used to regulate the voltage and control the LED current that way.

1 Like

The nice thing about those modules is theyā€™re pretty damn simple to use. Voltage in 2 wires, and voltage out to leds is two wiresā€¦ And it just works.

Arenā€™t we all in the too less energy zone sometimes?

5 Likes

When will the xBattery get released? I could use some additional energy.

5 Likes

Errrmā€¦ sorry for the delay :wink:
Like I said, not really good - itā€™s really hard to capture on picture, maybe Iā€™ll try in a few days, but itā€™s pretty dim. The time it keeps glowing has reduced significantly as well.
So, Iā€™ll definitely have to re-do it (and I guess I have to do it several more times). Thing is, Iā€™m a lazy girl right now (or rather, not lazy but having fun crafting the first parts of my festival outfit for next year :smile: ), and itā€™s insanely difficult to re-do a tattoo you canā€™t even see at allā€¦ itā€™s basically

1. poke it with UV light :unicorn_magic:
  2. try to trace the lines with a thin liner
  3. try to remove the liner a bit, so you donā€™t push the white pigments into your skin :unicorn_go_away:
  4. curse and grumble because you removed too much :unicorn_anger:
  5. repeat step 1-5 :unicorn_pfffftttt:
5 Likes

We are nearing the end of the year.

A shiny exclusive badge is up for the best post of 2023

Quill

Read through the nominations, and give your favourite(s) some love.

Only the top 10 with the most :heart: will move on to the voting stage

Link to thread to work your way down

3 Likes