The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Mouser also does this and they translate the component labels when shipping to Latin America. So the human readable text gets mangled into meaninglessnessā€¦ Whatā€™s the point of adding that text if Iā€™m going to have to look up the datasheets and write my own notes on said labels while prototyping. And those notes are often along the lines of ā€œred LEDā€ or ā€œschottky diodeā€ā€¦

Seriously, who came up with this dumb idea!? It just gets in the wayā€¦

:man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

I seem to recall someone here owns/works at sticker company, or maybe a hobbyist, but my search skills brought up nothing, or my skills just suck. If itā€™s you, was wondering if you do small time commission work. If so, can you DM me?

This is the Borg you are looking for

@ChuckyCheegles

4 Likes

I donā€™t want to sound like an angry guy screaming about never doing business with somebody again.

Butā€¦
I think Iā€™m done with amazon prime. I signed on for 2 day shipping, which went to a week or more during covid, but never came back. The only reason I stayed was the prime video, which I use alot. Now theyā€™re going to fill it up with ads, on a service Iā€™m PAYING FOR.

Done. Just done. Will be pulling the plug just before the ads go online.

The only change Iā€™ll have to make in order to get everything the same with/or without prime is to group orders to 35.00 or more. Shipping will still be slow, videos will still have ads, and Iā€™ll get to keep my 14.99 / month.

8 Likes

Setting sail are we :wink:

images

8 Likes

VPN will cost less than 14.99 / month.

Soā€¦ Aye, Matey! :parrot: :pirate_flag:

5 Likes

I dropped Prime years ago. Was a subscriber when it was only $100/year, stayed on when they bumped it to $120/year because I still got value out of it. When they went to $140/year, I said ā€œhell no!ā€ Prime video has some decent shows, but nothing that canā€™t be sourced elsewhere. Often times my orders are over the free shipping minimum anyways, so it just wasnā€™t worth it for me.

2 Likes

And somehow they are still better than most other online retailers. At least this is the case if you live outside of the USā€¦

:disappointed:

I kinda wish that more companies cared as much about their customers as Amal does.

When I lived in Colombia, I always aimed to be above the $35 minimum for free international shipping and below the $200 limit for the import tax exception.

5 Likes

Happy new year yā€™all! :tada:
Hereā€™s to a whole nother year of cyborg adventures!

Resolutions anyone?

6 Likes

Finding a new installer, getting more and bigger implants, regretting the fact that I didnā€™t order the last Titan, forking an open source project, getting a Proxmark, and another goal that I donā€™t want to post on the internet.

8 Likes

Itā€™s the end or an era. :smiling_face_with_tear: I knew it was coming but it still moved me quite a bit

6 Likes

Happy new year all!
My resolution is to make more time for hobbies. Which includes learning where to go for torrents again now that Iā€™ll have more time at home, 2gb fiber, and no more Amazon Prime.

4 Likes

12 Likes

Iā€™m in the same boat. I cancelled as soon as I read that was happening. Itā€™s especially annoying given that some of the already paid content has ads in it (FX, Paramount, etc).

3 Likes

I have / had 4 Subscriptions for Streaming services all running concurrently:

• NetFlix
  • Prime
  • Disney+
  • Neon (NZ based streaming service, affiliate to a cable TV company)

The First and only one to go SO FAR is Disney+, and I was fucken glad to have left them, the fucken pieces of shit they are.
Good riddance you bunch of Cunts

Netflix, they do have a good library, but their weak arse Dave Chapelle Flip Flop public opinion bullshit, and due to churning out a lot of their bullshit productions eg.

They also have regional content, so they are probaly next on the chopping block
The only thing holding me back is I have a couple of people hanging off my account.

After that, and the topic of this conversation.

I will see how that goes, and how intrusive they areā€¦

My opinion, wait until they start.
They will see Subscriptions drop witch will coincide with ads starting, a fact they canā€™t ignore.
Although, they may not care, they may follow Disneyā€™s example and just ignore the data

Thankfully they are all quick and easy side bitches, and I can cut ties with them (actually more like hookers, because Iā€™m paying for them) compared to my stable and reliable one true love and has always been there for me
:pirate_flag:

3 Likes

I personally guarantee this is already happening at a rate to make the revenue people shit themselves. Conversely, I bet the VPN crowd is making bank right about now.

Tally-Ho!

3 Likes

Everytime I think about this, I just get madder.
Fine, prime cancelled, problem solved.

Nord or Proton VPN? Any opinions?

Iā€™ve used free Proton to get around some silly regional bs.
Nord looks much cheaper. Iā€™m thinking 2 years for about 80 some bucks. Not this paycheck though. I had a week off for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Unpaid.

1 Like

Yeah, itā€™s shitty but streaming is going right back to where cable was. Same issues regarding pricing, ads, and upgrading for extra channels. Tonight I sit in front of my PC with a bottle of rum saying arrrr(cher season 14 I shall seed!) :pirate:
Iā€™ve recently switched to Proton VPN and havenā€™t had an issue yet. They have a GUI for Ubuntu, Debian, and Fedora. I use openVPN with my Proton info on my arch based system with no issue. They have a mobile app which has been easy to use so far. Got Proton VPN for a $1 this month via an offer from my free Proton Mail account and figured Iā€™d try it.
Ouch, that sucks! Took about 2 weeks off for Thanksgiving and xMas myself and my wallet really regrets it.

3 Likes

Iā€™m on a PC like a big boy, I just added this as a retort :emoji_pirate: ( refresh your browser if you canā€™t see it)

Whilst Iā€™m adding retorts, does anybody have anymore ideas, or like any of these? ( Remember, the image works best as a square / 1:1)

5 Likes

Iā€™m going to advocate for more robotsā€¦ And maybe some AI themed emojis.

:robot_marvin:

2 Likes