Am I a joke to you?

2 Likes

So a Pirate :pirate: and a depressed Robot :robot_marvin: walk into a barā€¦

6 Likes

8 Likes

I NEED that!

Is it coming :soon:?

3 Likes

I would like to believe something similar to this on the magnitude of the universe. To us time flows in one direction towards the heat death of the universe. Iā€™m no scientist, but Iā€™d like to believe our universe is in a long term cycle of birth to death back to birth. I hope there is more for everyone than our short time on this piece of space debris orbiting a big ball of gas.

yeah i cancelled Prime as well. Now every amazon page is filled with not so subtle offers to sign back up.

2 Likes

and donā€™t forget that they try to sneak you into signing up for it every time you check out.

1 Like

Buy catfood on there, I DARE you. They go nuts trying to get you on a recurring subscription to it.

2 Likes

They even try to get you to suscribe for things like USB cables and suchā€¦ Itā€™s even more ridiculous when youā€™re not in the US or Europe and you donā€™t want to deal with international shipping once a month or once week.

Also, in many third world countries, mail companies wonā€™t leave packages on your front porch so you have to be there to receive the package. But at least we donā€™t have porch pirates.

1 Like

As English may not be your first language.
Let me just kindly correct your spelling

porch pirates fucken thieving cunts

5 Likes

1 Like

Hereā€™s another super practical idea (not mine)

4 Likes

There are plenty of those in Colombiaā€¦ So no one leaves stuff out in the openā€¦ And itā€™s getting worse, good thing I leftā€¦

Trying to introduce us to the latest addition to your family?

2 Likes
3 Likes

11 Likes

I believe I am neutral in this evaluation. If I am entering a store, and I will need a cart. I will take one from the closest stall to where I park. When I finish, I return it from where I got it. Net 0 change for the store.

My question is, does the starting location of the cart affect the character of the individual? Iā€™ll write it out like math to see.

Starting location of the cart.
1 in the store 2 in the parking lot

Ending location of the cart
1 in the store 2 in a designated area in the parking lot 3 in a random parking space or curb not in the designated parking area

1 to 1 a good person that is self governable?

1 to 2 someone who obeys the laws because the have to?

1 to 3 a lawless bastard deserving of eternal damnation?

2 to 1 is a modern day saint. If they were born in olden times religions would be based on them?

2 to 2 laws? I donā€™t care about your laws! I will do what I believe is good and right by my own convictions?

2 to 3 this person started with good intentions, but they became overwhelmed by the stresses of the world. They once wanted to be a good person, but now they are full of apathy. ā€œWe all die in the endā€?

I am definitely overthinking this too early in the morning. Just killing time before work.

2 Likes

Shopping carts here nearly all have a coin deposit lock. You put in a coin to unlock it from the others and when youā€™re done you clip it back on to another cart and it returns your coin.

I guess that means that people here need a 50 cent (the lowest value coin that works) incentive to encourage them to do the right thing.
Some of the smaller stores donā€™t have the coin system and employ a member of staff who periodically goes into the parking lot to gather the carts of people who use them to get their shopping to the car then abandon them.

3 Likes

Or spend 2 cents on a printable coin for the shopping carts. I was wondering what those were for on the printables site lol
If I know Iā€™ll need a cart, I try to grab one from the parking lot, or from a stall like JPlowman. If I see a cart abandoned and not in a stall thatā€™s on my way, Iā€™ll grab it a take it with me to the front of the store. Iā€™ll also move carts that are a couple feet away from the stall, into the actual stall. Itā€™s unbelievably annoying to me that people will leave a cart 2 feet away from the stall and let it sit in a parking spot.
Some of the old Cart Narcs videos on YT were funny. I havenā€™t seen his videos in a while, but I hope heā€™s still out there making people go crazy lol

4 Likes

East coast US, only certain smaller stores like Aldi have the coin system here. I donā€™t know of any larger stores that have it.

1 Like