The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

I just saw this one yesterday, (not on YouTube) and not sure when it was released

Iā€™m not super familar with his work, does he usually record vertically?
Although, in fairness, he did well to keep her in frame though.

Seems like it

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s from TikTok. His YT vids are horizontal. At least they used to be, not sure about now. Iā€™ll have to check out his channel again.

1 Like

I might be there also. But there was no ShitTok logo (maybe cropped out :man_shrugging: )
100% not where saw it though.

2 Likes

That guy comes across as an asshole who craves attention TBH.

The best thing that you can do is ignore the provocation and calmly throw the magnet in the tash. Or if you grew up in a dangerous country, wait until you get home and then throw the magnet in the trash.

I have opinions :slight_smile:

You would be a ā€œtrue neutralā€ on a behavior chart, but I think in the specific shopping cart scenario there are 3 basic types; good, bad, evil. Neutral doesnā€™t exist really because you start out by doing good, but then make the choice to do badā€¦ let me explain;

Good - people who try to leave a net positive by taking carts from the parking lot area, then return them to a designated zone. net result is cleaning up after bad people. this reduces entropy.

Bad type A - take a cart from the dispensary at the store, then they leave it in parking lot, typically propped up on a curb or median or grassy strip so itā€™s out of the way, but still not returned to a designated zone. net result is things get messy in the parking lot. this increases entropy.

Bad type B - take a cart from the parking lot area, then leaving it in a similar state. this may appear to not impact entropy at all, however there is a catch. You temporarily reduced entropy by taking the cart from the lot, then you made the conscious decision to re-introduce entropy by leaving it in the parking lot. This would be akin to picking up trash at the local park, only to dump it on the highway. Itā€™s the crux of the matter is the choice to actively destroy the positive impact you made on society.

Evil - take the cart from the cart dispensary at the store, leave blocking a space or blocking in another car in the parking lot. we should refuse to share our oxygen with these people.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Regarding that blood clot thingā€¦ it wasnā€™t taken off the market. There was a temporary investigative hold, then it was cleared with updated risk and side effect warnings. Saying ā€œit was taken off the marketā€ is simply inaccurate.

As with any vaccine, rare adverse events have been reported after COVID-19 vaccination. For example, some people who received the Johnson & Johnson and AstraZeneca vaccines reported blood clots. The condition is known as thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome or TTS. Out of more than 18 million people who got J&J vaccines in the U.S., 60 cases of TTS were reported, and nine people died. Most people who developed these problems were female, ages 18 to 49. For women, the risk of blood clots after the J&J vaccine is estimated to be 5.8 per million. For men, the risk of blood clots after J&J is 2.2 per million.

2 Likes

Bad Type A is in my opinion worse than Bad Type B as it is much more difficult for a cart to be removed from the area than it is to simply collect it from a random spot in the parking lot. They may think they are better by keeping it out of the way but in reality theyā€™re making someone elses day much worse for little apparent benefit.

1 Like

I guess for me itā€™s the difference between someone just leaving it sitting in the adjacent parking spot, effectively blocking another vehicle from parking thereā€¦ and putting it in the center four corners of four different parking spaces so that the cart is not blocking any spot in its entirety.

The premise isnā€™t that they walk the cart out to the middle of nowhere and stick it in a tree or bush, itā€™s just that they made an effort to not block someone elseā€™s parking.

I do see the occasional cart out in the boonies thoughā€¦ Thatā€™s not what I had in mind :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was only really talking about the cart being propped up with the front wheels on a curb or median. It tends to be more difficult to remove than to put it there. At least thats what I recall from my short time working retail.

2 Likes

Ah interesting. If I ever get the compulsion to leave a cart in the parking lot Iā€™ll be sure to not do that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

True, and that was the vaccine that I chose, the other option available at the time was the one from Sinovac and I thought that an American company would be more responsible.

Itā€™s not the most accurate video and I havenā€™t read the book. But I still found it interesting to a point.

Quacks do a lot of harm but Iā€™m not sure if such short and low quality videos can put a dent in said scams.

While this tends to depend on the country, the specific store, and the culture, I feel called outā€¦

Most of the stores around here donā€™t have a designated area in their parking lots and are designed in such a way that returning the carts is not easy.

But the fancier stores have employees that will push the cart to your car and help you load your groceries.

1 Like

Late to the party, but I return the cart all the way into the store,

Making someone collect the carts is a shitty job, takes like 1 minute to walk it back

2 Likes

Would it be that shitty if everyone returned the carts to to cart corral, all nicely interlinked. Cells. Interlinked. Within Cells Interlinked. Baseline.

4 Likes

You lost me with thatā€¦ I donā€™t know what it means!

Anyhow:

bb8d39b51d92826eebfebf45e40ff842

6 Likes

It might be a sterotype, but the other day I carried in 6 cases of pop, a gallon of distilled water, and two bags of groceries, cause I WAS NOT making two trips to bring it in the house.

I would rather wipe out in the middle of the store than go back for a cart.

6 Likes

At least I wasnā€™t the only one! I read it 10+ times and still had no idea.

1 Like

hqdefault

3 Likes

Theres a big difference between a 13yo and 19yo
even then the Prefrontal cortex (involved in logical decision making) is not fully developed until 25.

Iā€™m not saying you should wait until 25, but I am saying, Itā€™s not black and white and there is no one answer that suits them all

Where do you fall on the age scale?

Age is not super relevant to us here, But your parents and the law may be your limitation.
Also from your other post,

This may be an inhibiting factor too, but this will likely tie into your parents stance.

2 Likes