Cyborg bug? Cybug?

3 Likes
5 Likes

OK, so what do you want to do next?

I see that it is a transit card, and it shows a value

So I can guess what you are trying to do

You have a ProxMark3 correct?

1 Like

Not yet,but I’m still working hard to get it.

It’s there anything I can still use this for before then,actually it belong to my parents but they’re no more and I’m very sure some sensitive electronics data might be stored on it.

And I think those are multiple cards on a single nfc chip?

And do you think there are other types documents stored on the chip?

Technically yes, If you have a Mifare Classic compatiable lock etc.

Do you think they would have saved something to it?
It is possible, although unlikely
Try TagWriter and read to see if there is any NDEF data

It would be a clever way to hide some data, obsfucating data in a transit card, but the amount of data is limited and Mifare Classic wouldn’t be you first choice

This doesn’t really make sense
Correct there is a single chip ( MifareClassic ) and it could technically have multiple uses, though still unlikely, but it is still a single card

No

What I would suggest, is take the card to a transit station, and try and read it in a machine ( Or jump on a train or bus with it )
That is what I think it is for, and That is the data I think is on it

2 Likes

I know that humans don’t completely mature until 25, so I would think about it if I was an adult. As you’ve seen, I’m younger than 18, because 18 year olds are legal adults and most don’t need their parents’ permission for things. And yeah, I know that the mark of the beast is a thing, but I’d do some research and ask r/christianity if I wanted to get an implant. Thanks for the answer!

1 Like

It’s been a crazy coupla weeks for me, and I JUST went to get the mail, and found this delightful suprise.

Really just wanted to give a shout out to @StarGazer1258 for offering to help out with the 3D printing, and @Hamspiced for cranking these out for me.

God, I love this forum. Good people all.

7 Likes

I’m not sure a reddit thread should be guiding your spiritual decisions and defining what’s right and wrong. If you’re going to believe in all that bible stuff then make your on judgements based on your own interpretation of it. Otherwise you’re just being manipulated by humans instead of a god :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

5 Likes

Two problems with one box?

3 Likes

Unsurprisingly, some people will call anything that they don’t understand the “mark of the beast”. Since RFID implants have been called that, we tend to make fun of the crazies

2 Likes

Humans:

3 Likes

Layoffs suck, trust me, I know. But, strangely enough, I feel seen.

3 Likes

I’d like to thank @Satur9, @Az_F, and Bo (a friend of Az_F) for being there when I needed someone to talk to about both technical and licensing issues.

Thank you, for your technical help, kindness, moral support.

:heart:

10 Likes

Any photoshop experts in here? I recently posted on a subreddit looking for a specific item. I have with 2 hours received 3 replies from what I believe to be 3 different scammers. Of course I asked for pictures to verify the item.

First person sent these. At the top of the picture you can see the very edge of a slip of paper. These pieces of paper are primarily used to verify a seller username. I was unable to find these exact pictures with Google reverse image search, but other behaviors tipped me off to them being a scammer. They shortly quit communicating with me.

The third person then posted these on Imgur and sent me the link 2 hours after I received the first set of pictures. If I had received these first it would have been much more convincing. There are still red flags for sure, but the picture is convincing to me.

I know it’s not DT related, but would there be interest in a topic related to purchasing online best practices and identifying scams? I know there’s a lot of smart people here, and occasionally outsiders stumble upon us for non DT reasons. It could be beneficial to someone.

3 Likes

I don’t need to be an expert in Photoshop to tell you that those are definitely the same pictures. 100%

I personally wouldn’t buy from either of them to be safe.

1 Like

Oh yes I agree. I don’t think I conveyed my thoughts well in the first post. It’s definitely the same picture scammer #1 found it, cropped it, and sent it to me. Scammer #3 found it and photoshopped his name onto it (this is my assumption). I would guess the 4 pictures he linked to me were originally real photos from a past transaction, but he swapped the username out to semi match his.

Scammer #2 and I have been having a nice conversation for the last 2.5 hours about my difficulties setting up cash app. He now miraculously has Venmo.

Venmo profile pic of scammer 2 for anyone interested.

1 Like

The difficulty with scammers is they choose platforms and payment mechanisms that have little to no recourse. Basically the only thing you should do is set up a garbage account and garbage credit card for these risky transactions. Then, if venmo doesn’t assist with the scam you can fall back to your card dispute process and lose your venmo account in the process.

2 Likes

As with anything prevention is the best solution. If you can identify that something is a scam before you send any money then you’re much better off.

In my previous job I interacted with lots of people that fell victim to all kinds of scams. Some were even scammed by their own family (allegedly), and some didn’t even believe they were being scammed after being tens of thousands of dollars in the hole to it. I always felt bad for those people.

2 Likes