The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Jesus f*** christ, what a bloody mess. I am super happy I went to a pro to do my flex install with a scalpel.

Honestly it gave me headache first, then goosebumps

1 Like

Just because some of the smart peoples donā€™t go in the 3D print thread

1 Like

The leds all run on just a couple volts each. The strips have small resistors attached to each led to convert from a particular voltage down to what the led can handle. So if you get a 24v strip, itā€™ll plug straight into 24v.

Dimming leds is ā€¦ different. What you want is a PWM module. Pretty cheap on amazon. Its a small blob of electronics controlled by a rheostat / knob. Usually you can remote mount the knob for convenience.

3 Likes

I was thinking of a 555 timer. But I didnā€™t know that those modules were available. Alternatively, a buck converter can be used to regulate the voltage and control the LED current that way.

1 Like

The nice thing about those modules is theyā€™re pretty damn simple to use. Voltage in 2 wires, and voltage out to leds is two wiresā€¦ And it just works.

Arenā€™t we all in the too less energy zone sometimes?

5 Likes

When will the xBattery get released? I could use some additional energy.

5 Likes

Errrmā€¦ sorry for the delay :wink:
Like I said, not really good - itā€™s really hard to capture on picture, maybe Iā€™ll try in a few days, but itā€™s pretty dim. The time it keeps glowing has reduced significantly as well.
So, Iā€™ll definitely have to re-do it (and I guess I have to do it several more times). Thing is, Iā€™m a lazy girl right now (or rather, not lazy but having fun crafting the first parts of my festival outfit for next year :smile: ), and itā€™s insanely difficult to re-do a tattoo you canā€™t even see at allā€¦ itā€™s basically

1. poke it with UV light :unicorn_magic:
  2. try to trace the lines with a thin liner
  3. try to remove the liner a bit, so you donā€™t push the white pigments into your skin :unicorn_go_away:
  4. curse and grumble because you removed too much :unicorn_anger:
  5. repeat step 1-5 :unicorn_pfffftttt:
5 Likes

We are nearing the end of the year.

A shiny exclusive badge is up for the best post of 2023

Quill

Read through the nominations, and give your favourite(s) some love.

Only the top 10 with the most :heart: will move on to the voting stage

Link to thread to work your way down

3 Likes

Great resource! The beuno could be updated, it does standard NDEF and we have some info on the chip:

FlexDF says Desfire EV2 but DT website says EV1

3 Likes

yes the flexDF was a DESFire EV1 8KB actually

2 Likes

Whoops! Fixed :classic_smile:

Ā 
DTā€™s Chips 101 also has the FlexDF as an EV2 chip

3 Likes

Is the FlexDF discontinued?

1 Like

I BELIEVE, it is the same as the FlexM1 etc. and has been withdrawn due to Amals concerns over the potential chaffing of the antenna wires where they overlap.

I also BELIEVE there is an antenna redesign in the works.
When that is complete, I expect the FlexM1 to be back on the market, and along with it, the FlexDF.

Obviously the DESFire EV1 has been superseeded, but it is still a viable chip, so I guess / hope the FlexDF will make a comeback

3 Likes

The flexdf is basically discontinued at this point. Thereā€™s no point really since it was 8kb and the flexdf2 is also 8kb. The only difference is the ev1 vs ev2 chip version.

3 Likes

:robot_gundam:

If only that thing was more cyborg friendlyā€¦ I think that the core can be replaced.

1 Like

Just put the wrong key in it with super glue and snap off the handle. Problem solved.

3 Likes

Currently playing with one actually. The battery is in the boltā€¦ feels like a terrible design with such a weak thin shelled metal tube forming your bolt, and an explosive chemical reactor inside of that.

4 Likes

My flexnext made it in an article :joy::joy:

Itā€™s starts of a bit ambiguously with people being chipped at birth and stuff but then goes on to be realtively factual and not particularly negative. Only being a bit skeptical about DT ant itā€™s products but no mind control conspiracies or religious stuff just a very superficial dive into a subject they just discovered.

[Edit] Turns out thereā€™s more

Also surprisingly impartial despite the ā€œwow I canā€™t believe thisā€ click bait

8 Likes

Okay this is an interesting rabbit hole, google lensing the image took me to this ?shop? whoā€™s selling ehā€¦

Of course it has great reviews

Finding more so Iā€™ll keep listing :joy:

https://www.tag24.com/tech/body-modification-at-home-seattle-company-offers-diy-implant-kits-1867201

Huh this last one straight up has my Instagram as well as @JennyMcLane 's

It is also surprisingly quite unbiased, but also

Whatā€™s the main objective and purpose of these? From a functional standpoint, they serve as radio-frequency identification devices ā€“ or RFIDs ā€“ that can be scanned by any near field communication device (NFCs).

2 Likes