The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Interesting, iPhone 13 Pro. Iā€™ve never added bookmarks to the home screen before but this is what it did for me.

2 Likes

For me the icon in the loading screen has been gone for a couple weeks. It looks like a transparency issue

2 Likes

I get the same as Az
And my home screen icon is this:
Screenshot_2023-11-03-10-06-20-17_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329
So I donā€™t think the logo works in dark mode?

Edit: Tried light mode, but it still launches with the dark grey screen before switching to light mode.

Same as you. Icon is clear but big black circle of despair when launched

Screenshot_20231103-112617

Thatā€™s interesting seeing it from everyone elseā€™s perspective. For me itā€™s solid black when the app running in the background minimized / on the homepage, and when the app is closed. The only change is entering or exiting the app. Then I get the DT logo briefly with only the black parts.

I did try setting my phone and the forum both to light mode before adding to homepage. It still gave a solid black icon.

We have actually had previously.

ā€œThe mysterious case of the ever decreasing icon sizeā€

MINE
Screenshot_20231104_080832_One UI Home

BACKEND ALL LOOKS FINE

it could be a bug with the newly rolled out Discourse update :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yea I still have the black icon :man_shrugging:t2:
Much sneaky sharp edge

1 Like

My guess : ā€œLarge Iconā€ is black with transparent background and is displayed on a black background in the loading screen. Previously an image similar to ā€œlogo smallā€ with a white background was on the black loading screen and hence was visible.
This happened when the app icon switched from the DT logo or ā€œsmall logoā€ to the speech bubble so I assume the loading screen uses the app icon.
You probably replaced the legacy icon (single opaque image with a modern one (background + transparent
foreground) and only the foreground is being used.

Thatā€™s DT Branding
I donā€™t have access to the high res images to fix them

You havenā€™t hacked into the DT framework yet?!

I meant whoever did the change, Iā€™m not sure who that is

2 Likes

@Pilgrimsmaster
I will now be using m16a4ā€™s as my unit of measurement

ā€¦when he looks it up :sunglasses:

4 Likes

The most American measurement unit. :us: :eagle:

Meh

No need, but personally I would choose the HK416 any day of the week, a direct but improved copy on the classic

2 Likes
2 Likes

The YAL-1 mentioned at 5:33 needed a rotating turret on the nose of the aircraft. I actually made the support ring that the mirror assembly bearings rode on. I didnā€™t get much more involved than doing some of the machining of the segments (several people), but still, it was really cool at the time to know I was working on a FRIGGING AIRPLANE LASER.

6 Likes

Wow that is cool! Did the turret have a focusing mechanism or was it a solid beam of static diameter?

No where near my level, sorry. I made aluminum segments of a large ring that would be bolted together, they were painted with a green primer, inspected a thousand different ways, and then shipped off to Boeingā€™s Military division.

Itā€™s a defunct program now, but back then they kept the details to themselves. The only thing I can add, is they made two test planes, before they decided to go a different direction.

4 Likes

meme-botw

Great reply to the post @RedWingx86 :+1: and iā€™m not tryng to ā€œone up youā€, just adding some clarity because THIS is not common knowledge. So you are not wrong, just maybe unaware, and your reply was totally appropriate in the context of that support thread.

The term ā€œkeyā€ we can naturally assume the OP is meaning UID, so yeah, NORMALLY this is correct, One UID per chip.
HOWEVER

1 Like

No noā€¦ you should look up how long a m16a4 is :sunglasses::smiling_imp:

1 Like

Thatā€™s cool, I always thought that was a super cool project

Iā€™ve always thought it would be a pretty satisfying feeling to be one of the people machining something to go to the red planet

Probably unnerving as fuuuuck also,
You hear a rover or something have a catastrophic failureā€¦ or a mechanism jamā€¦ and even though itā€™s far more likely environmental or something Elseā€¦

ā€œā€¦oh god did I do something slightly wrong and nobody caught it?ā€

My stuff is a bit darker, :sweat_smile:
All the guns / holsters / optics Iā€™ve helped build and or students Iā€™ve helped teach over the years, and the stuff I sold during my time doing sales

Statistically itā€™s likely someoneā€™s used something I worked, sold or taught for more than just range practice, I can only hope it was used for the right reasons

In related but happier and funny news, Iā€™ve been a vr kick again lately (ghosts of tabor) a kind of vr Tarkov

And one of the AK red reflex optics had a giant smudge/finger prints on it, and I was both happy to see itā€¦ and annoyed that I saw itā€¦ I spend too much time looking at glass :sweat:

2 Likes