The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

and donā€™t forget that they try to sneak you into signing up for it every time you check out.

1 Like

Buy catfood on there, I DARE you. They go nuts trying to get you on a recurring subscription to it.

2 Likes

They even try to get you to suscribe for things like USB cables and suchā€¦ Itā€™s even more ridiculous when youā€™re not in the US or Europe and you donā€™t want to deal with international shipping once a month or once week.

Also, in many third world countries, mail companies wonā€™t leave packages on your front porch so you have to be there to receive the package. But at least we donā€™t have porch pirates.

1 Like

As English may not be your first language.
Let me just kindly correct your spelling

porch pirates fucken thieving cunts

5 Likes

1 Like

Hereā€™s another super practical idea (not mine)

4 Likes

There are plenty of those in Colombiaā€¦ So no one leaves stuff out in the openā€¦ And itā€™s getting worse, good thing I leftā€¦

Trying to introduce us to the latest addition to your family?

2 Likes
3 Likes

11 Likes

I believe I am neutral in this evaluation. If I am entering a store, and I will need a cart. I will take one from the closest stall to where I park. When I finish, I return it from where I got it. Net 0 change for the store.

My question is, does the starting location of the cart affect the character of the individual? Iā€™ll write it out like math to see.

Starting location of the cart.
1 in the store 2 in the parking lot

Ending location of the cart
1 in the store 2 in a designated area in the parking lot 3 in a random parking space or curb not in the designated parking area

1 to 1 a good person that is self governable?

1 to 2 someone who obeys the laws because the have to?

1 to 3 a lawless bastard deserving of eternal damnation?

2 to 1 is a modern day saint. If they were born in olden times religions would be based on them?

2 to 2 laws? I donā€™t care about your laws! I will do what I believe is good and right by my own convictions?

2 to 3 this person started with good intentions, but they became overwhelmed by the stresses of the world. They once wanted to be a good person, but now they are full of apathy. ā€œWe all die in the endā€?

I am definitely overthinking this too early in the morning. Just killing time before work.

2 Likes

Shopping carts here nearly all have a coin deposit lock. You put in a coin to unlock it from the others and when youā€™re done you clip it back on to another cart and it returns your coin.

I guess that means that people here need a 50 cent (the lowest value coin that works) incentive to encourage them to do the right thing.
Some of the smaller stores donā€™t have the coin system and employ a member of staff who periodically goes into the parking lot to gather the carts of people who use them to get their shopping to the car then abandon them.

3 Likes

Or spend 2 cents on a printable coin for the shopping carts. I was wondering what those were for on the printables site lol
If I know Iā€™ll need a cart, I try to grab one from the parking lot, or from a stall like JPlowman. If I see a cart abandoned and not in a stall thatā€™s on my way, Iā€™ll grab it a take it with me to the front of the store. Iā€™ll also move carts that are a couple feet away from the stall, into the actual stall. Itā€™s unbelievably annoying to me that people will leave a cart 2 feet away from the stall and let it sit in a parking spot.
Some of the old Cart Narcs videos on YT were funny. I havenā€™t seen his videos in a while, but I hope heā€™s still out there making people go crazy lol

4 Likes

East coast US, only certain smaller stores like Aldi have the coin system here. I donā€™t know of any larger stores that have it.

1 Like

I just saw this one yesterday, (not on YouTube) and not sure when it was released

Iā€™m not super familar with his work, does he usually record vertically?
Although, in fairness, he did well to keep her in frame though.

Seems like it

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s from TikTok. His YT vids are horizontal. At least they used to be, not sure about now. Iā€™ll have to check out his channel again.

1 Like

I might be there also. But there was no ShitTok logo (maybe cropped out :man_shrugging: )
100% not where saw it though.

2 Likes

That guy comes across as an asshole who craves attention TBH.

The best thing that you can do is ignore the provocation and calmly throw the magnet in the tash. Or if you grew up in a dangerous country, wait until you get home and then throw the magnet in the trash.

I have opinions :slight_smile:

You would be a ā€œtrue neutralā€ on a behavior chart, but I think in the specific shopping cart scenario there are 3 basic types; good, bad, evil. Neutral doesnā€™t exist really because you start out by doing good, but then make the choice to do badā€¦ let me explain;

Good - people who try to leave a net positive by taking carts from the parking lot area, then return them to a designated zone. net result is cleaning up after bad people. this reduces entropy.

Bad type A - take a cart from the dispensary at the store, then they leave it in parking lot, typically propped up on a curb or median or grassy strip so itā€™s out of the way, but still not returned to a designated zone. net result is things get messy in the parking lot. this increases entropy.

Bad type B - take a cart from the parking lot area, then leaving it in a similar state. this may appear to not impact entropy at all, however there is a catch. You temporarily reduced entropy by taking the cart from the lot, then you made the conscious decision to re-introduce entropy by leaving it in the parking lot. This would be akin to picking up trash at the local park, only to dump it on the highway. Itā€™s the crux of the matter is the choice to actively destroy the positive impact you made on society.

Evil - take the cart from the cart dispensary at the store, leave blocking a space or blocking in another car in the parking lot. we should refuse to share our oxygen with these people.

5 Likes
2 Likes