The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Many tweets I see donā€™t seem to have much content either. Just people tweeting whatever crosses their mind at the moment. I donā€™t doubt there are constructed discussions on Tweeter, but thereā€™s also the random shit - and lots of it.

Being a whippersnapper, Iā€™d argue that generation communication changes even more rapidly than letters to email to text even. Iā€™m not that much older than he is and I fell a disconnect between people younger than me. I would say the the speed of tech makes it even harder to have a standard of communication. To me it looks more like youtube/twitch comments than a tweet. Idk though.

To be fair, we had instant text chat before you guys (IRC). And oftentimes it doesnā€™t feel very connected or constructed neither on IRC :slight_smile:

Also, wtf is Twitch? I thought Tiktok was the new Youtube.

Twitch is game streaming, generally.

Are vines still a thing?

Blockquote[quote=ā€œPilgrimsmaster, post:1, topic:5860ā€]
Hi all,
We are all such a diverse bunch of people from all over the world, with a HUGE amount of knowledge outside of the Bio-Hacking space, opinions, thought & feelings :hugs: I was wondering if there was a way we could tap into that and have a dedicated thread where we can all:-
Ask a biohacking unrelated question
Have a rant
Discuss the topic of the day ( Star Wars vs. Star Trek )

:vulcan_salute: :wink:

Just like a So you think youā€™ve been implanted against your will? But forā€¦Us!

A junk thread we can freely hijack, derail and randomize

Iā€™m definitely not saying we donā€™t throw in a ā€œrandomā€ quip into a thread, Personally I quite like that and keeps it light and fun, but when you have an off-topic you want to "Throw out thereā€¦"
[/quote]

Twitter bought Vine out then closed them down. TikTok Iā€™d essentially the new Vine, all things considered.

Eeeeh, Iā€™d recommend furlongs, rods and chains, which are all imperial/US customary, by the way

Yes. More frequently than I like, honestly.
How does it feel for you - is it an unpleasant feeling or not? Iā€™m never really sure myself - for me, itā€™s a mixture of being lost, stranded somewhere, and a strong sensation of longing, not knowing for what exactly. And insane happiness and warmth and relief when I find someone whom I can feel connected to, as this is so freakinā€™ rare.
Some lines of a very old song I like a lot seem to get that feeling pretty good, at least for me:

ā€œStare into the sky, weā€™re few and far between
Black eyes full of stars, wide with memoriesā€

Is that vaguely what you feel / mean?

1 Like

I am nominally human. But when I look at humanity, and how deplorable and despicable a large part of it is, I donā€™t really feel part of that species - nor do I particularly want to belong.

Mind if I share a video that instead of existential dread it brought me existentialā€¦comfort?

When I first watched it it made me feel, oddly connect and compassionate,

On some level I feel like this is my preferred story to tel myself

2 Likes

Cute. A bit too religious wishy-washy nonsense for me but cute.

Hereā€™s the video that summarizes mankind for me:

I couldnā€™t even watch the whole thing, skimmed it

Iā€™ve come to terms with the fact I would go to jail if it meant protecting/defending my dog, right or wrong it is what it is

Someone abandoning their dog? I feel like I could give a CIA sadist spook, a run for his money if I was properly motivatedā€¦ animal cruelty is just such a motivation

1 Like

Thatā€™s what differentiates us from all the other animals: weā€™re born innocent, and then in very short order, we become mean, nasty, amoral pieces of work. Itā€™s written in the human genome I think.

The human thing is a complex machine.
Inside our physical body there is traits of our progenitors mainly, but the same way we can find a connection to generations and events from this earthā€™s far past.
I believe the same way, human conscience is somewhat connected to primarily what our physical composition is as a matter of self-awareness.
ā€œI amā€ or ā€œI likeā€ to refer to our physical needs. Such as ā€œI like to sleep a lotā€, we are describing a chemical unbalance and a physical need for the events that trigger when sleep. But the moment you donā€™t need to satisfy any basic bio-chemical needs, your mind starts to realize itself into another dimension.
A disconnection from the physical and ā€œmundaneā€. Seeing reality for what it is in its core. An insignificant little blue orb floating in endless space with a lot of water and some pieces of land where some animals and ā€œhumansā€ survive with self imposed imaginary divisions and they spend their lives chasing the accumulation of trade tokens for a ā€œbetter lifeā€ or ā€œhappinessā€ before their physical bodies expire.

The mindā€™s root connections. What makes us we donā€™t belong here. To this place, to this era, to this world, to this reality. The uncertainty of what is true? what is worth? what is? and what should be?. And why all those sheep next to you keep chasing the coins until their last breath.

(ok back to programming cuz this iOS app is not going to finish itself)

And crawling on the planetā€™s face
Some insects, called the human raceā€¦
Lost in time, and lost in space,
And meaning.

2 Likes

Damnā€¦ thatā€™s just the one big thing I canā€™t stand. Grew up with big dogs, they were my brothers (got no human brothers or sisters, soā€¦^^) - when I see something like that, it just hurts.

Totally agree on that one. Anyone who tries to harm my (future) dog will have to face me - no matter how funny this may look, even a 1,65m-girl can do some harm when angry enough.

The egg-story above is an interesting view, and it might be a good idea to remind people to be nice to others (simply out of self-interest, in a way), but yeah, for me personally, itā€™s too religious to relate. But if it gives you comfort, everythingā€™s fine, I guess :wink:

Thatā€™s one of the big problems Iā€™ve got with many religions or world views - they focus a lot on the spirit, the mind, whatever, and the body is often something to ā€œovercomeā€, just a shell for the spirit, something unimportant and hindering. For me, my body is the source of joy, the only way to connect to the world around, my home - itā€™s something I want to take good care of, I want to celebrate! Not something that distracts my mind from thinking :wink:

1 Like

:sweat_smile: proper fan boy.

2 Likes

Many years ago when I was still a kid, our sourly neighbor decided he had enough of our cat crossing his garden to go about his daily patrol around his territory. So he put a small plate of cat food laced with rat poison in his garden.

The cat came back, puked his guts out for hours, and eventually snuffed it. His death was a painful to watch, protracted affair. He didnā€™t go quietly, let me tell you.

One day, my dad was chatting with the neighbor in question, and mentioned that someone had poisoned our cat. The guy proudly said it was him. ā€œSo what if I want to put poisoned food on my terrace? Your cat had no business eating it. Too bad for him.ā€ is what he literally said.

I was within earshot. I rushed toward him and headbutted him in his - ample - gut so hard he had to go to the hospital. When he told my dad he was thinking of suing, my dad told him not to push his luck, else he might have a go at him too to make the attorney fees worthwhile.

1 Like

Yeah no kidding. Apple must be proud :slight_smile: