The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Snow goggles are a pretty real thing; they are used in snow-covered areas to prevent blindness known as snow blindness caused by the ultraviolet components of sunlight reflecting off the snow. This is achieved by narrow slits that only allow a very small amount of light to pass through.
The Inuit used these a thousand years ago and still do today.

4 Likes

Snow sucks especially with sensitive eyes, but Iā€™ve found a simple pair of sunglasses do the trick. They look cooler too :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

ehhh i doubt thatā€¦ they are traditionally made out of bone and look pretty badassā€¦

inuit_goggles

3 Likes

I stand corrected!
Those look more bad ass than a pair of Oakleys in 2015 lol
hides my Oakley Rx glasses

5 Likes

So, you donā€™t own:-

Eskimo glasses?

Last Dragon (Sno Nuffā€™s) Glasses?

Kanyeā€™s Shutter Shades

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: The M1: A Compact Multitool for Technophiles and Hackers

Quick question, is the xDF2 DESFire EV2 8K glassie going to be back in stock at some point? Iā€™ve got some free space at L0 and I could use the 8kB for NDEF shenaniganz. @amal

1 Like

we working on it but gotchas and whammies at every turn

4 Likes

Evolution-of-trash-1707470376099

6 Likes

I didnā€™t want to post this on the you know what thread but I donā€™t like the idea of crazy people trying to fry RFID implants. I can imagine how a situation like that could end up in the tin foil hat wearing person trying to fry chips that are implanted in other people.

I hope that damaging an implanted device counts as bodily harm.

:grimacing:

*Vulnerable and annoyed cyborg noises

6 Likes

Hows this going Jakey?

Any luck, or prototypes made?

4 Likes

ā€œRemove your ear from your headā€ didnā€™t a bodymod artist from the UK get into a legal mess for doing that?

IMHO, ear removal should be allowed even if itā€™s not a common mod.

3 Likes

Ok, I have no idea about this but I came across a video about some military headsets or something and I noticed that the ones that the guy is holding in his hand have the same connector as most helicopters:

Are those compatible?

This sounds like it falls under the Cyborg Bill of Rights.

https://www.cyborgfoundation.com/#:~:text=THE%20CYBORG%20BILL%20OF%20RIGHTS%20V1.&text=It%20also%20foresaw%20a%20battle,it%20means%20to%20be%20human.

3 Likes

The plugs are most likely compatible with each other.
Most civilian helicopters have the same single plug. They are generally known as
U-174/U (Nexus TP-101), U-93A/U (Nexus TP-102) and Nexus TP-120; practically all the same and also known as US NATO.
Most military aircraft ā€“ both fixed wing and helicopter ā€“ use a single plug called a U-93A plug which is the same size found in a civilian helicopter (mostly U-174).

The ComTacā„¢ VI use NEXUS TP-120 plugs, so the plugs are compatible.

However, what can cause problems is the impedance (rabbit hole) of the headset.
Military headsets are generally low impedance instead of high impedance found in civilian aircraft.
In other words: Just because the plugs look the same, you shouldnā€™t expect a civilian helicopter headset to work in a military aircraft - or vice versa.
However, it is possible to overcome this problem by using headphone amps or adapters.

4 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure that the headset that I mentioned in my previous post is not designed for aviation. And I donā€™t know why there are so many headset connectors in aviation, why couldnā€™t we settle on the LEMO plug with panel power?

6 Likes

ā€œThis may take a few secondsā€

Iā€™m not sure if this is a compliment or insultā€¦

4 Likes

Because many decades of dual plug being standard? (yes, easy to add/change a LEMO port.) Look at piston engine technology, straight out of the 60ā€™s for the most partā€¦

LEMO also appears(edit) fragile from the maybe 2 times Iā€™ve encountered it (I didnā€™t actually plug/unplug because the headsets just stayed in the planes, so I could be full of it)

I did fly a plane with the 5-pin powered Airbus plug for a few years which was nice due to power (not needing to carry/manage batteries) and it was robust enough for multiple airplane changes per day over a long period.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s surprising about lemo being fragile since I use these plugs often in some of my build and they are wonderful

1 Like