The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

No tips, but fascinated to hear that itā€™s not just me who gets itchy over the implants

1 Like

Same here ā€¦ put in an xEM a week ago and it itched for 2-3 days ā€¦

2 Likes

Mine still randomly itches. Years later.

Titans do not. Odd.

1 Like

I have an itch to get more implants, even without a clear use for them in mind.

Amal, youā€™re being a little too happy with that dial of yours!
:sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Exactly

I wondered if I did something to trigger a body wide immune responseā€¦ but then itā€™s weird only 1 itched

I always figured itā€™s cause the NExT is in a position that gets pulled, and moved alot. (P0) The Titans are in a fairly sheltered and basically empty spot. Unless they turn edge up, then I never notice them. They can get itchy if edge up for long enough.

2 Likes

Soā€¦people that are smarter than meā€¦how imminent do you think nuclear war is in the near future with the current state of world affairs? Had a buddy mention it, his opinion is itā€™s 50/50 at this point, just curious what others might think. If itā€™s not appropriate Iā€™ll delete it

A payment conversion would be even better

Revelation 13:16-17
16: Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead
17: so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name

I REALLY wish that it was Revelation 13.56

5 Likes

Revelation 13:5-6
And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months. Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven.

Close enough.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve thought about an Apex in R3, if only Mastercard or Visa decided to cooperateā€¦

Although Iā€™d rather keep my crazypants family member away from my x-rays and from palpating my handsā€¦

Someone in my family is going to panic the second that more extreme and visible augmentations become available, because Iā€™m getting those ASAP!

:robot_windows:

2 Likes

I think itā€™s very hard to put a figure on it. A lot of the same things that happened in the build-up to WWII are happening now. We all swore we would never let it happen again and that it couldnā€™t happen as long as good people stood up and spoke out in the face of tyrants. But we are now in a post-truth era and there are more threats to democracy than ever before.
In the free world our only defence is to vote, so this year (with its record number of general elections worldwide) make your vote count. Listen to the quiet voices. Donā€™t be bamboozled by the over-confident.
Find out who actually got stuff done while they were in office and who just spouted jingoistic popularist rhetoric. We have been here before and we got it wrong.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve heard it referenced as a fact avoidant society

2 Likes

6 Likes

At times I wonder how my crazy family member would react is I ended up looking like this:

But TBH, who cares! Iā€™d be extremely happy.

:robot_windows:

4 Likes

I wish that would be the caseā€¦

But unfortunately, we have more people who are ignorant than educated onesā€¦
And we have less candidates who are populist than we have candidates with good track records or proposalsā€¦

So by voting consciently towards whom you think is the best candidate (which should be the correct way to vote), we end up spreading the ā€œgoodā€ votes thinlyā€¦
While the populist and vile candidates no one wants in power will amass more votes.

Thus creating this current state most democracies landed on:
You need to vote ā€œto avoid that terrible and/or orange candidate from being electedā€ā€¦
Which causes people to vote for the ā€œlesser of two evilsā€, instead of voting for the best candidate. :cry:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s a very interesting way of thinking about it. I initially thought youā€™d made a typo when you said that unfortunately we have more good candidates than bad but it makes perfect sense and goes some way to explaining how patently contemptible human beings can reach such high levels of popularity and political success. They just have to rely on splitting the votes of the other side(s).
I can see how that could work in countries like the UK, where ethical votes tend to be ā€œlostā€ to the third party but how can that work in countries like the US which are basically two-party systems?

4 Likes
  • Coffee
  • Tea
0 voters
2 Likes

Coffee for pain, tea for pleasure.

4 Likes

NEITHER!

:face_vomiting:

1 Like