The antiđŸš«-derailment🚃 & threadđŸ§” hijackingđŸ”« threadđŸ§” ⁉

This lady, has a point.

7 Likes
1 Like

So question. I want to place the chip from an NFC card onto a smaller coil (1cm diameter). If I remove the chip from the card and resolder it to the coil, does it matter which side is soldered to which end of the coil tips? Both the original chip and the reused coil are 13.56 mhz.

The coil is being reused from another coil/chip finished product so I shouldn’t need to recalculate length of the coil etc. I’m literally just replacing the chip with a different one and perhaps reshaping the coil.

There is no polarity with the antenna so it doesn’t matter which intend the lead you solder to which side of the chip. I wouldn’t say though that there’s no need to recalculate anything because NFC chips come in all kinds of different capacitance values which means the inductance value of the antenna must match the capacitance to resonate at the proper 13.56 MHz. Is the other product you are using the coil from also using the same exact chip? If so then there should be no problem. If not, there’s a good chance it won’t work right. Now, it might work but it might not work very well. Performance might be garbage.

1 Like

@amal Thanks. No it’s not a like for like chip, so I may well have to recheck the capacitance in that case then.

1 Like

I gave it a quick try and couldn’t figure it out, so to anyone who’s smarter than me:

Is something like this possible with the Mifare Classic structure?

[=] ---------------- Listing ----------------
[=]  00 MAD v1
[=]  01 [484D] Access Control [HID Global]
[=]  02 [E103] NFC applications [NXP Semiconductors]
[=]  03 [E103] continuation
[=]  04 [E103] continuation
...etc...

In other words, could you format part of the card for NDEF and continue using the other bits for whatever else? I thought that sort of thing was the idea behind their MAD system

Technically yes but again Mifare chips are not NFC compliant
 so everything here is not based on any standard. Behavior will likely be unreliable across various devices.

1 Like

Paint drips on the hand railing from above formed into a kind of sitting cat shape. Every time I go down to the lab and my hand passes over it and I feel it slide under, I think I’m petting the lab cat :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Maybe get a real one? I think its a sign

3 Likes

Kids are allergic :frowning:

1 Like

That’s a shame. Can imagine you sitting in the lab doing a mean Blofeld impression.

3 Likes

that is indeed another way of describing stroking a pussy

pareidolia

4 Likes

Name the cat parei.

3 Likes

Has anyone seen this?

Mastercard allow you to add an nfc wearable to an app to link to your banking account to make tokenised payments.

Manage-Mii is the mobile app platform that allows you to control contactless functionality across different wearable device brands supported by DIGISEQ.

@amal Is there an opportunity for DT to collaborate with DIGISEQ to get their implants supported?

3 Likes

I found it
giphy

5 Likes

This one lol

Registered and tried to link an nfc tag but it seems it won’t just accept any old one. Has to be one aupported in

It was mentioned a few months ago

and a follow on in the DT Club

https://forum.dangerousthings.com/t/re-new-chip-nfc-for-payments-astari-some-info-from-the-manufacturer/20838

this link may be of interest

1 Like

I actually met with them in their London offices in 2018. It’s a standard EMV smartcard chip system. It doesn’t use any old NFC, it must be a certified EMV capable smartcard chip.

Again there is no issue with the technology. Apex can totally do payments and has the payment applications already loaded onto the chip. The problem is not related to the partner, the technology, the chips, the terminals, the processor, or even the banks. The problem is squarely that MasterCard and Visa will not allow implants to function as certified payment instruments on their networks.

2 Likes

Is there a Trojan Horse option? Make the apex into a wearable option, irc there was an Apex ring at one point? Therefore, partnering up the ring but making it indistinguishable from the implant, thus allowing the implant to be registered as a wearable?

1 Like

if they find out im sure it wont be nice.

1 Like