The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

i would say the matrix could be updated to show readability ranges when encorporatign a repeater device.

3 Likes

Maybe something to keep an eye on or just click bait?

4 Likes

The mere inclusion of the word pacemaker Iā€™m sure just added 3 zeros to the price

4 Likes

I thought that there was supposed to be a restaurant here. Help!

3 Likes

Anybody got any stories about reasonable IT people actually allowing implants to be enrolled in a system?

We hear a lot of the opposite, and talk about ways around it a lot, but I canā€™t recall anybody succeeding at the moment

Actually, consider this an open request for implant success stories of any kind, anytime it worked better than you were expecting, or made you a new friend, or whatever

2 Likes

Yeah, of course. My company allows itā€¦

Grantedā€¦ Iā€™m the IT guy :sunglasses:. Soooā€¦ technically I allow it, not the company :joy:. But my boss donā€™t mind. Once you explain that it works the same as a badge (meaning you donā€™t have to chop my hand off if/when I quit, just disable my card), they understand and are easy going about it.

5 Likes

Oh that? They got rid of it years ago. Turned it into one of those kidā€™s play area places. Then one weekend when it was closed for maintenance some trash pandaā€™s broke in. They had a full on orgy and completely destroyed the place. Broken wires and pipes, the walls and carpets stained with bodily fluids. They couldnā€™t rent the building out after that, so the landlord ended up demolishing it.

1 Like

You meanā€¦ Fictional Stories? :thinking:

Soā€¦ Cheating? :rofl:

4 Likes

So, I discovered something recently about Star Wars. I like Star Wars, but Iā€™m not like a huge, dedicated fan-girl. I love the droids, cybernetics, and aesthetic, but I donā€™t know all the lore and cannon. I recently read about ā€œthe decraniatedā€. They are cyborgs, for sure, a symbiosis of electric/mechanical along with organic. However, they are the opposite of how I usually think about cyborgs. I have always envisioned an organic brain (or preferably an organic brain uploaded into a computer, which is what I want!) controlling a body that is both organic and synthetic. These cyborgs have had their brain removed and were not uploaded into the controlling computer. The brain has been replaced by an independent computer that uses the organic body as its vehicle. They are cyborgs, but ā€¦ different? Maybe? Most websites depict it as a dark and despicable practice, both because they are used as slaves and also because it removes the individuality and identity of the organic brain in the process of creation. My ultimate dream is to be uploaded into body that is configurable, connectable, and preferable to this meat engine that I currently control. But the decraniated have me thinking about not only the consciousness of the cyborg but also the sprit. Thereā€™s a cosmology battle happening in my head and heart right now. Who has thoughts?

2 Likes

Yes butā€¦

Same deal as TheCyborgFirefighter so not much of a story lol. No one else with implants that I know of, but I have registered alternate tags in the system for some of my coworkers.

4 Likes

Not IT, but my boss and the department director think my implants are very cool. We are a global company, and I usually work at a facility that is NOT headquarters, so we have no global IT presence on site. My boss let me take apart some of the RFID readers to see why some of them work with my NExT and some of them donā€™t. Several people on this forum were engaged in that exploration with me (virtually), and it was a lot of fun. Iā€™m absolutely sure Iā€™ve been seen on camera using my hand instead of a badge to enter headquarters, but Iā€™ve never been confronted about it. Iā€™ve only been met with curiosity, and itā€™s been fun to explain and demonstrate, but I donā€™t have ā€œofficial IT permissionā€ to use my implants instead of my badge and domain password.

3 Likes

I think this comes at the right time just as I am watching Ghost in the Shell right now.

ā€œAll things change in a dynamic environment. Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you.ā€

And the more brutal;

"Thereā€™s nothing sadder than a puppet without a ghost, especially the kind with red blood running through them.ā€

2 Likes

Want.

1 Like

That is a really interesting point!!

Iā€™m also on the same boat as you about SW, but never seen that bit of lore beforeā€¦ :thinking:

There are many angles from which to poke at that, but most of my initial thoughts develop as analogies to slaveryā€¦ then to social norms and servantsā€¦
Even education, where the ruling class main desire seems to be exactly that of removing peopleā€™s individuality and independence.

Then I take my nihilistic hat off for a minute and start weaving analogies with the Bene Tleilax, from another franchise, but who are also tagged as immoral and despicable because of their genetic experimentsā€¦

But thenā€¦ is it because ā€œremoving human free willā€ is wrong, orā€¦ are thry trying to address ā€œremoving human limitationsā€ is wrong? :thinking:

Very good choice! :wink:
itā€™s currently the wall art Iā€™m looking at! :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Look at this gem from kickstarter

Spot the mistakes

The first mistake was going on Kickstarter :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well the braided kevlar they use to wrap the cable is certainly not bulletproof lol.

Even if it was, who brings a usb cable to a gunfight ? :joy:

My favorite is the ā€œcoaxial coreā€ with a very much not-coaxial icon.

1 Like

Iā€™m in the UK, near london, for a few days. If anyone wants to meet up for a drink or something, DM me.

2 Likes

4 Likes