The anti🚫-derailment🚃 & thread🧵 hijacking🔫 thread🧵 ⁉

I learned to drive semis in the army on an 18-speed crash gearbox. Now that’s theft deterrent :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow, I never thought he day would come when Mr freedom units would admit that.

Welcome to the club

3 Likes

I knew it! See everyone, the cyrillic R ( Я ). This proves it’s all a pre-Gorbachev Communist Plot!

And I knew I was gonna take it in the teeth the moment I said metric and love in the same sentence. :wink:

3 Likes

Not to nitpick, but Я is not a cyrillic R. It’s not even a consonant in fact. It’s pronounced “YA”.

It is a cutesy used by people who want to write English words that evoke the USSR though.

1 Like

Further proof of the conspiracy!

Great, now I sound like one of the mind control nut-jobs.

1 Like

Not alone there! :wink:

What about mystical album + unrelated movie correlations? (Wizard of Oz much?)

1 Like

Getting high and watching Wizard of Oz while syncing Dark Side of The Moon is a stoner/etc. past time that I hope never ends.

4 Likes

I even remember the Mothers of Prevention and their Filthy Fifteen.

1 Like

Just something that caught my eye

2 Likes

Happy First Contact!
April 5, 2063!

1 Like

4l8wdb

4 Likes

Lol, I’m just doing the year thing. Don’t mind me!

1 Like

Yep, was much fun to read - and I really like that guy, amazing artist / work of art, and has some quite intelligent things to say.

Also, must admit, sexy as fuck in his early years :smile:

1 Like

Saw this and thought of @Devilclarke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLQJs6hyzo8

3 Likes

I like that this one to

8 Likes

You mean… before he started with his Nicolas Cage cosplay thing?

but agree… Golden Age was his golden age, imho… (or Alpha?? uhmm…) :thinking:

2 Likes

Ugh… yeees, not so much my style :smile:
I like him most during the Antichrist Superstar phase… like, in this video for “Man that you fear”. Or on that nice live show on Bizarre Festival 1997 - was a bit too young to go there, but must have been great :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I can relate to that exactly same frustration!

Yeah, from Antichrist (Alpha) to Mechanical Animals (Omega) was his iconic period.
Yet something on Golden Age calls out to me…

2 Likes

Yep, that one was very special, too - totally different from Antichrist, but still, so incredibly great… Actually, borrowed my online name from that album :wink: Coma White was always a special song for me.

Golden Age… well… it’s not bad, really, I think I just don’t “get” it, in a way. Spade, for example, is quite a masterpiece, but several other songs there just don’t get me.
I just recently started to like “Holy Wood” (especially Target Audience - the voice makes me shiver…), so, maybe I will like Golden Age in a few years? :smile:

2 Likes

That is definitely my favourite song from all his discography. By miles!

When talking about golden age, I’m talking about the looks! (this whole derail begun with your mention of he being sexy in the past) :wink:
Sound-wise, GA is… ok… would be amazing if it was another band, but I just can’t compare it to his work either as Omega, or even with Spooky Kids.

2 Likes