The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Worse, office is a subscription only nowā€¦ bastards

Itā€™s one thing for me to pay a recurring service fee, for something that costs then moneyā€¦ servers for example or bandwidth or media rights like music services

Itā€™s another to expect me to continue to pay for the same lump of programming over and over, because I donā€™t want you to take it away from me

Shit pisses me off, but thatā€™s how everything is going because it makes the corps more money is a more stable business model

But the principal pisses me off

1 Like

Iā€™m quite happy with using LibreOfficeā€¦ itā€™s pretty much the same (at least on the level I use itā€¦^^), and itā€™s free, itā€™s open source, itā€™s more privacy-friendly and all that. I donā€™t know why people still pay for the MS office, especially since itā€™s subscription-basedā€¦

3 Likes

Thankfully I think most donā€™t, they just get driven to google drive

Office was nice because it was so pervasive and fairly simple for most users, kinda ruined their own market if you ask me

1 Like

5 Likes

Have you got yourself a new car, or a new hobby?

5 posts were split to a new topic: PinePhone Proxmark case

Coincidence?

3 Likes

Good movie, this:

Itā€™s not highly rated, yet I find it really quite good as neo-noir movies go. Not Blade Runner kind of good, but definitely well above average. Then again, itā€™s an Andrew Niccol film, so no surprise there.

It is of interest to us because all the characters (everybody, in fact) is fitted with some nondescript implant that records what people see, plays back videos and lets the wearers interact and immerse fully into the fictional societyā€™s version of the internet. Interesting concept.

4 Likes

Pffā€¦ says the guy who buys an ultra-expensive laser engraver thatā€™s controlled from the other side of the internet.

4 Likes

TinyThreadbareCornsnake-small

6 Likes

Dammitā€¦ Tomorrow I need my car. I havenā€™t started it in over a month. My neighbor just informed me that I have a flat tire.

Iā€™m so tired of carsā€¦ So much trouble for what they cost to run.

Iā€™m sure this has been mentioned a ton before and I just havenā€™t seen it

Why canā€™t we make a next style tag, thatā€™s a Hf/lf xled ?

AMAL
not likely to be honestā€¦ itā€™s so hard to do factory NRE with people that donā€™t speak your language. plus there are vendors who will not supply raw materials and not disclose their suppliersā€¦ there are politics involved in ways that make absolutely no sense. In the case of a dual frequency xLED, it has much more to do with the disinclination of the people running the sealing hardware to deal with variation. Under no circumstances do they want there to be any possibility of charred plastic or overheated resin happening inside the machineā€¦ and when it comes to positioning LEDs inside the glass, this is a challenge (as you know)ā€¦ so after many many plans, engineering drawings, ideas, and absolute failureā€¦ rather than beat my head against that wall I choose other battles.
[/quote]

Car share schemes are pretty popular here, if they are a thing there and you donā€™t drive often, it may be a reasonable option. Renting a car by the hour isnā€™t always the best option, but depending on your location and use-cases, it can be a whole lot more convenient than owning one for the occasion you use it.

Example: https://www.electrive.com/2020/07/14/greenmobility-is-launching-electric-car-sharing-in-finland/

1 Like

Iā€™m aware of carsharing, and I used to use it in more densely populated countries. However, in Finlandā€¦

GreenMobility now wants to establish itself only in Helsinki and possibly already in Espoo and Vantaa by 2021.

ā€¦itā€™s always the same story: that sort of service exists only in Uusimaa - the more populous capital area. Out here in the sticks, itā€™s not a profitable proposition, so it doesnā€™t exist. Even bus services, while very good, arenā€™t cheap by any strech of the imagination.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJTs3Vtjaus/?igshid=1ge8c81j0y32q

2 Likes

1 Like