The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Just to clarify, because I think I was under the wrong impression

Can an iPhone even scan a mifare 1k?

Iā€™ve been trying to use TagInfo just to confirm the chip was alive, I know programming it with iOS wasnā€™t a thing

But I was under the impression tag info could detect the chip at least

I just tried with 2 physical cards with a mifare 1k and nothing, which sounds like confirmationā€¦ but maybe my phones wacky

after looking thatā€™s not as helpful as I assumed but hopefully helps a little bit

Yea, I tried compatibility mode, and it doesnā€™t do much of anything

But nfc tools has been slightly broken for me for a while, not sure if itā€™s a wide spread issue or not

Nice ask!
Iā€™m not in the loop for Apple stuff, but @RyuuzakiJulio might know the answer? :wink:

Meanwhileā€¦ can you get a friend with an Android phone to try the read?

Can someone explain to me the difference between Magic 1k and Magic Ntag

I can tryā€¦
Mifare CLASSIC vs. Mifare NTAG

Keeping it bare basics for you
The Mifare CLASSIC Magic 1k Is an early HF technology, commonly used in many older security systems, but still readily available in alot of ā€œChineseā€ products.
The S50 chip was cracked and allows us to write our own 4byte NUID. This is the Chip we use in our implants ( xM1 , FlexM1 gen1a and gen 2, FlexMTā€¦)and with software / apps we can read and write to them.
The fix that followed included a 7byte UID which means if a newer system requires the full 7Bytes we are S.O.L

The use of the Term Mifare is another story mostly unrelated to your question.
A Much more comprehensive explanation can be found in Amals Info Post

If you need further clarification just ask and I can try to expand further

Rather than the Mifare Classic that we can use on Mifare Classic systems and change the NUID, The Magic Ntag card can emulate a few different types of cards ( BUT NOT Mifare CLASSIC )
It can obviously emulate:

• MIFARE NTAG 213, 215 (215 is used for Amiibo), 216 ( 216 is the same as in the NExT etc )
    :arrow_heading_up: These are 100% emulated,
    :arrow_heading_down: These are limited emulated ( counter and tearing emulation are not 1:1 with original chipsets.)
    ALSO
  • Mifare NTAGĀ®
    I2C 1K
    I2C 2K ( I2C 2K is the same as in thexSIID )
    I2C 1K Plus
    12C 2K Plus

And the MIFARE Ultralight which is often confused with the MIFARE Classic

• MIFARE Ultralight
    EV1 48k
    EV1 128k

So the MIFARE Magic NTAG is capable of emulating a lot more products than the CLASSIC so it is a potentially a great option for a lot of situations.

Although the NTAG MIFARE Ultralight EV1 emulation is IN THEORY 100% compatible with all MIFARE readers, writers and software, I am not 100% sure this will include the MIFARE Classic readers, writers and software; Personally I think it will come down to the specific reader, But I stand to be corrected on that one ( and anything else I have mentioned above for that matter )
Anyway
If / when I get the FlexMN, That is something I will test, unless somebody already has.
If you want, you can grab a test card from KSEC

https://cyborg.ksecsolutions.com/product/magic-ntag-21x-ntag-i2c-mifare-ultralight-ev1-compatible-tag/

I hope that goes some way to clarifying for you, sorry it was longer than I planned.

But again if you need more explanation, just ask
:+1:

4 Likes

IT WORKED! My car started, everything working correctly! Had a single line of code off, and a single pin was off on my switch diagram. Working now! Getting everything buttoned up right now, gonna design the front panel tonight and get that printed tomorrow.

Iā€™ll have a project write-up with video posted in the next few hours :slight_smile:

8 Likes

1 Like

Still too soon :broken_heart:

Okay, I have a silly question. Iā€™ve done the discobot tutorial and Iā€™ve googled a ton, but I canā€™t figure it out.

How do you do the collapsable sections that people use in write-ups? Where it has a little arrow and a line of text, that you can expand to view the full text?

I really canā€™t figure it out lmao

Do you meanlike this?

Nah, like this:

2 Likes

3 Likes

Thank you! Iā€™ve looked there, but Iā€™m just blind apparently haha

2 Likes

What Dartho said. Thanks. Sorry for jumping in and causing confusion. Lots of simultaneous posting there.

2 Likes

A little tip ( Just the Tip :wink: )

You can select hide details and fill it out

OR

you can also Highlight what you want to hide, then select hide details, and just give it a heading
:+1:

&

The same goes for Blur Spoiler

3 Likes

Thanks mate, only other question I really have is should a Magic Ntag be compatible with IOS even though Magic 1k isnā€™t? I assume yes since you said it can emulate Ntag216 which obviously iOS can read

Yeah mate, I cant 100% confirm for you
I dont have iPhone
I dont have FlexMN ( Yet ) or a Card ( yet )

But, that would be my assumption also

Anybody get the reference?

1 Like

FYI for those that were waiting, they just announced that the Pinecil will be back in stock this week.

Still loving mine.

3 Likes

I havenā€™t eaten a burger in well over 20 years. My body canā€™t stand it. The last time I ate junk food was in Belgium in 2004 iirc: I popped at McD on the road because I was in a hurry, and ordered a Filet oā€™fish. I went through half of it and started feeling violently sick. I finished my journey hopping from gas station to gas station, repainting the bathroom wall-to-wall at every stop.

2 Likes