The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Just gonna throw these here. Got my sheet of magnetic viewing film couple days ago.

1 Like

There is a lot of Tuna around the Coast

1 Like

in my DRAWER :wink: of bits, I also have one of these.

Never used it, never tried to use it.

Before I start playing with it, has anybody else tried.
Does it even work?
Is the ā€œ125ā€ it HID, EM ???

1 Like

I have exactly the same one.

I tryed to clone a bunch of tags some time ago but had no luck - maybe my unit was broken

Edit: Stop editing the post - i try to read it and always the pic is changing :rage: :grimacing:

:rofl:

1 Like

That scares me a little:

3 Likes

i had oneā€¦ antenna very weakā€¦ could not get it to work with anything but clamshell cards. sucks. garbage.

1 Like

tenor (69)

1 Like

Just got this in the mail today, only $5 shipped from the US. Itā€™s an I2C OLED screen. Canā€™t wait to use it for access control projects, should add some super cool functionality (seeing what implant was scanned, displaying current authentication state, displaying relay status, etc.).

Going to add it to CaRFID hopefully tomorrow or so, hooking it up to an Arduino Uno tonight to test it, and get my output functions ready. That way I just need a single code flash. Itā€™s kinda hard to get to the board, so definitely donā€™t wanna have to do it more than once.

If youā€™re in the US, and theyā€™re not mission critical parts, ebay is so, so amazing for cheap arduino sensors and parts to mess around with. Iā€™ve had so much fun over the years just buying $20-30 of arduino parts on ebay, then making projects out of them.

The same could be said about aliexpress, but the cost is similar, with a massive increase in shipping time. The site is also just worse to browse, IMO.

4 Likes

Thats a great add on functionality

1 Like

@amal @anon3825968

Instead of detailing they thread further

ā€œBuffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffaloā€ is a grammatically correct sentence in English

I tried with a couple of fobs, (all I had handy) it APPEARED to read OK, but no go on the write.

Man, that construction is just sad. From the hot glued antenna (without even a recess to hold it in place) to the separate membrane squares per button, the whole thing oozes cheap. Itā€™s like they didnā€™t want to use any custom tooling at all, and reused the housing for another product.

DW9PHx

Thats because it was.

I bought it probably 2 years ago, and has been sitting in my DRAWER for that same amount of time.
I didnā€™t expect it to do xSeries, and at that stage there were no LF Flexies.

I saw it when I was ferreting around in my DRAWERS :wink: and wondered if it would work on a FlexEM.
If so, It would be an small, light, cheap reader/writer to carry with you for ā€œon the flyā€

The fobs are the closest thing to a FlexEM, but it looks like a failureā€¦ but at least now I know something I didnt before.

I will still do a little more testing to see what it can read and write.

I just saw Amals post above, and yeah, that will be itā€™s fate if it canā€™t carry itā€™s weight.

DW9PHx

1 Like

Threw a bitmap on as a test (no trademark violation intended :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

I ended up having to turn on some scaling, otherwise I think itā€™s just too small to read from my driverā€™s seat:

Going to print a new front panel overnight, should have some photos in the CaRFID thread some time in the next day. These screens are absolutely amazing. Theyā€™re tiny, but super, super bright and crisp.

EDIT: Just noticed that in the photos the light illuminates my solder job :frowning: I promise, the joints are sturdy :wink: Had to desolder and resolder a few times to change the connector I put on it. Iā€™ll probably clean them up again before I install it in my car.

11 Likes

You clever little Fucker.

That is COOL as FUCK :+1:

3 Likes

As Amal said, Rubbish :poop:

• I only tested on a HID Prox and EM410x
  • Of those two, the cloner would only read EM410x
  • I managed to read from EM410x fob but could not write to to another fob,
  • I could write from the fob to a card
  • I could not read nor write to a FlexEm ( Facsimile )

I may put the antenna on the outside and try again, But I think it will make very little difference.

Rating 4.5 :poop:

1 Like

Some guys are currently putting new windows into our house, so Iā€™m sitting in the kitchen (last warm room, currently :grimacing: ) and Iā€™m slightly bored, so I decided to tinker with my implant a bitā€¦ thatā€™s what finally happened:

Pretty happy with it :wink:
Just have to fixate the reader behind it and find some nice wall to hang it up on :smile:

11 Likes

That looks really Awesome

Very artistic
:+1:

Ohh, Ooh, Ohhh
You know what would be just a little bit more awesomer???

Where you power button shows on the X-Ray, have a touch sensor behind it to switch it and light it upā€¦

AND

Sending you WARM thoughts

Thanks - especially for the warm thoughts. Why on earth do we have to order new windows when itā€™s finally getting cold here? Sighā€¦

Yeah, the power-button-switch would be fun, but Iā€™m too little of a tinkerer to get that done - I just Dremelā€™ed a little gap into the wooden frame to move the cable through and painted the frame itself, thatā€™s basically it :smile:

But Iā€™m glad you liked it!

1 Like