The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Omg :scream: was there the whole time! Thank you!

Uncanny, Iā€™d say.

You need to:
ā€¢Be very lonely
ā€¢Thus become very open minded to do so. (been there, done that)
tenor (8)

Totally unrelated, but check out this if you have a sec:

Although, Zhang Huan is not exactly a photographer, rather a performer.
James Luna - self portrait, was the other artist (photographer) who came into my mind.

This discussion above about Tattoos, offending, appropriating / misappropriation etcā€¦is the WHOLE purpose for this thread.

Very interesting discussion guys, I have my own thoughts and feelings, many of which I personally:-

strongly agree , somewhat agree , no opinion , somewhat disagree, strongly disagree with the above statements

If I had to sum it all up for me in one word, it all comes down to:-

INTENT

2 Likes

Are we being told off now?

The word of the day! :partying_face:

1 Like

Speaking of tattoos,

Cant we talk about @LordSethos2000 glow in the dark tattoos? Or were they just uv?

I looked into Glow tattoos years ago and it was all toxic and bad stuff,

But thatā€™s got my gears spinning, if there are safe inks nowā€¦ there are sooo many cool ideas

Iā€™m thinking a circuit board type sleeve, with just glow in the dark would be insane

Also different colors for different circuits? :exploding_head:
Artist would probably hate me lol

Also secondary discussion

Do you consider tattoos biohacking?
What about more cutting edge inks like uv and glow?

I think an e ink tattoo would be pretty cool, tattoo image, apply opposite polarity magnet to make image appear or disappear

3 Likes

Absolutely not.
I think it was a great balanced and intelligent conversation.

My opinions would offend, so I stayed out of it.

I did however just split @anon7067117 payment implant posts, Not that you can derail The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ interrobang]

But I thought they were better suited to the

Again, no telling-off, just an observation

I think that would suit a Tattoo perfectly :+1:
great idea :bulb:

1 Like

Alternatively, a visable tattoo of circuitry,

With some concealed glow in the dark connections

Yeah, THAT

Phewā€¦ We were not told off :partying_face: :partying_face:

Ok! But I only know :pinching_hand:this much of tattoos.
UV ink: Skincandy on my skin lasted very well. 10years and still glowsā€¦a bit.
Crazily saturated when fresh, but the normal colour stays rather okay.

You might want to give a base layer, or an UV layer for your glow-in-dark ink. If so, I can recommend Fusion ink for white. So much pigmentsā€¦so much, you can(!) cover black ink with it. Rather long lasting, easy to work with.

Glow powderā€¦ :man_shrugging: I donā€™t know about it.
However I know who does: Stuart Sample knows about his pigments he makes and sells.
Generally speaking good quality. EDIT: very good quality
I heard he answers if you contact him.
I bought some glow powder from him, boy, that :gloves: !

I would email him about the project. He might gonna say that he doesnā€™t recommend, but he might gonna help by pointing you to the right direction.

BTW I read the topic today. Found it interesting and made me really thinkā€¦

1 Like

They are just boring old UV ink.

Speaking of circuitry, this was my first - I hate it now but itā€™s part of my story.

I have considered doing something with the power symbol, SH has a silicon implant almost perfectly sized, but Iā€™m (oddly enough) not 100% sure of silicon implants yet.

1 Like

Funny how that advertisement for Powerthreesquaredkey.com didnā€™t stand the test of time when the dotcom bubble burst in 2001 :slight_smile:

Har har har - itā€™s a secret code - if you donā€™t get it, youā€™re not supposed to.

Hey @Atilla ,
Have you ever heard of a TV show called South Park?
I think you would like itā€¦ You should check it out

Fist bump

1 Like

So now you know about my 1st tattooā€¦

1 Like

SP tattoo

2 Likes

Mean this one? :wink:

Never had a mod that was that uncomplicated. Healed nicely, doesnā€™t do any problems during daily life, glows nicely when itā€™s dark :wink: Can just recommend it.

Iā€™m actually planning on covering my whole body (well, arms, legs, chest) with ciruit-board-style scarification, and I seriously think about doing some ink rubbing with glow-in-the-dark pigments in them. No clue if my artist is willing to support that, but he knows SuperLumiNova (heā€™s a total watch nerd), and they actually sell their pigments online. There are even different colours available, so you might even create patterns that glow in a deep blue in the dark. Would be just amazingā€¦ Iā€™ll keep you updated if my artist opens up his studio again and I can annoy him with my crazy ideas, if you like.

I can only post my own humble opinion here - to me, it feels the other way round. I consider everything I do with / to my body as bodymodification, no matter if I put a chip under my skin, get some scars, piercings, tattoos, silicone implants, whatever. All that finally ā€œmodifiesā€ my body. The biohacking-part of that might be, that all of this also feels like ā€œimprovingā€ my body. I already like my body the way it is / was, but with every mod I add, I feel even better and more ā€œcompleteā€, though the intensity varies a bit. My scarification and my glow implant were definitely the most intense improvements, followed by my tongue and daith piercings, followed by most of my other piercings, followed by my tattoos. No idea how that ranking came to life, it just feels that way :woman_shrugging: :slight_smile:

It was, and I am very happy again that such conversations are possible here - you might totally disagree with someone, and still, you have the chance to share your opinions and maybe get the great opportunity to look beyond your own nose. I love that :slight_smile:

I loved your post! I was in bed already, and I donā€™t want to derail the derail too much again, but I really liked your story. I had a surprisingly fitting conversation with my mom yesterday, where I basically said that all information we have about other countries or cultures are only prejudices as long as we havenā€™t been there. Every bit of information is a piece of a mosaic, and the more diverse information we have, the clearer the picture becomes. If someone gets all of his informations from just one newspaper or news-webpage, it will stay very blurry. If you take different newspapers (with different political opinions and motivations), it gets a bit clearer. If you talk to someone who is a part of that culture, even better, and if you finally live there (like you did), you might learn enough to understand it. But up to that point, itā€™s all just prejudices, and I think thatā€™s inevitable and totally okay, as long as you are aware of it. I know that all I ā€œknowā€ about India, for example, are pure prejudices - Iā€™ve never been there, and I just happen to know nobody from there. Thatā€™s okay for me, but I would never say ā€œhey, I know whatā€™s going on thereā€.

Yep. Letā€™s take a less-known symbol that was equally abused by those idiots - the runes. I am able to read / write runes, and I really like them a lot (like I said, I love nordic mythology). And just because of that, people ask me if I am a neonazi. So especially in Germany, people are paranoid enough that a non-angled swastika would be the same problem :wink:

As far as I know (from people who were there frequently), Japan and China are still pretty racist towards black peopleā€¦ the depiction of people in comic books is usually just exaggerated as hell, and itā€™s hard to say if itā€™s just exaggeration or racism (at least for me, might be my problem^^). I mean, when I take a look at how germans are depicted in comicsā€¦ weā€™re usually fat, blonde, the men have a moustache and the women braids, and we all drink beer and eat sausages and wear ugly traditional bavarian clothes. Doesnā€™t really apply to me, but Iā€™m not offended by that. I actually am a bit offended if people are actually totally sure we are that wayā€¦ and thatā€™s the point. If people today think black people are like this Gollywog or the people depicted in the comics, thatā€™s the problem.

3 Likes

I can confirm that.

The other thing I learned in my travels is that people everywhere are basically the same: most are good, some are bad, and theyā€™re trying to do their best. Once one internalizes that, one wonders how on Earth wars can even start - because you have to hate someone to wage war, and I fail to find reasons to hate anybody.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s just a wonderful thing to say. Seriously.
And itā€™s the same for me - in my teenage years, I was pretty much full of hatred against the world, other people, myself or whatever. And by nowā€¦ nope. Far to much energy wasted on stupid stuff, and hatred is just never worth it.
I can be disgusted by things people do. I can deeply disagree with people. But hatred? Why should I?

The two possible solutions we have for conflicts are either communication or war. And war usually doesnā€™t lead to good solutions, soā€¦

2 Likes

My rationale is that it takes a lot of effort to get worked up against someone or something, and Iā€™m much too lazy for the energy expenditure :slight_smile: My entire life is dedicated to minimizing my efforts and maximizing my return.

2 Likes