The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

A friend of mine once made a steam-powered spud gun out a steel pipe and an industrial valve. That thing could do a lot of damage.It was a sight to behold.

I made a pneumatic spud weapon some years ago. Thereā€™s plans on the google if you will. Basically itā€™s not explosive in nature and seems to be much more powerful. The design had a barrel that went all the way through to the back end, and used a diagaphram to seal it. Only down side is once you start charging it up, you are committed to firing it.

I used to fold up red shop rags and wrap a little electrical tape around them. Like a badminton thingy. I could, and did, make a cast iron tractor axle housing (model A John Deere) ring like a bell when I hit it. With. A. Rag.

I also tried loading it with paintballs like the grapeshot of the Napoleonic era. I used two styrofoam cups bottoms to contain it prior to firing. The effect was less grapeshot and more ā€œcone of paintā€.

ah, good times.

1 Like

Tannerite?

Legal in the U.S.
If youā€™re not an ass about it anyways.

1 Like

Thatā€™s why I like gun powder for my application

Also, I can fire 3-4 shots a minute if I were so inclined m

1 Like

Cannon?

nothing is forever, everā€¦

Death! :skull:

1 Like

We never really dieā€¦

tenor (70)

1 Like

Thatā€™s true too

200 (3)

1 Like

Can I show you something?
big-eyes1

Define death. Like brain dead?

Luckily for me I dont need to define it, Science already has:

ā€œDeath is the permanent, irreversible cessation of all biological functions that sustain a living organismā€

1 Like

what do you mean by ā€œpermanentā€?

So, with that said.

I work in a hospital. Sometimes, we have patients who are certified brain dead. Say John Doe. We keep their body on life support, as they find places for the organs to go. When time, they harvest organs, and deliver them to the recipient.

Is John Doe dead by your definition? His organs are are still alive, keeping others alive.

Oh, if we are playing fantasies.
In that case you are correct.

Here are a couple more for you collectionā€¦

ZOMBIES

PHOENIX

My definition doesnā€™t matter, but they are as the doctors define, ā€œbrain deadā€ they are currently still alive, BUT they will die at some stage and remain dead , forever just like the rest of us

2 Likes

How about your opinion? If John Doe has a heart in Jane, a Lung in Kyle, a Liver in Rick, etcā€¦

Is John doe dead?

I see what you are getting at, I just like playing devils advocate. Plus it makes ya think.

1 Like

Did I already mention that this thread tends to lead to incredibly interesting discussions?

I tend to agree to that, simply because things donā€™t really disappear, they just change shapes (the old ice -> water -> steam thingy, or how energy is transformed and all thatā€¦ my physics lessons are too long agoā€¦). So, we die. And afterwards, we provide life again - if we rot, plants and animals will feed on us, if we get burnt, our ashes will make a soil more fertileā€¦ and so on.
We are no longer a living, conscious being, but we are not ā€œgoneā€ as well.

That being saidā€¦ as an atheist, death is a tiny bit frightening for me. I donā€™t want my life to end, simply because I like the experiences I make, and it would be sooo nice if I could belive in something like ā€œbeing reunited with all your loved ones in some afterlifeā€.

3 Likes

I personally like knowing that my atoms will recirculate into other organisms as they have for billions of years. Iā€™m kinda glad I wonā€™t have a conscious afterlife, this one is tiring enough :joy:

3 Likes