The antiđŸš«-derailment🚃 & threadđŸ§” hijackingđŸ”« threadđŸ§” ⁉

5 Likes

So I noticed blocks 4-6 on the T55 aren’t used for anything when it’s configured as a 26 bit HID card (the type we use for ID cards at my place of employment) so I’ve decided to fill them with a note for anyone curious enough to dump a card.

B4 43555354
B5 4f4d204d
B6 4144442e

Run all those together and then do a hex to ASCII conversion and you’ll get “CUSTOM MADE.”

I’m open to other ideas for something I can slip into someone’s card.

2 Likes

“Rick Astley”

4 Likes

That, my good sir, is quite a nice pile!

You got me cackling loud in the middle of a zoom call.
Well done! :rofl:

Btw, while I’m at it

Has I attempted to reply with reactji’s to one of @Pilgrimsmaster’s posts and they are just not working today.

Also
 has anyone noticed they have a default white background? i.e. they look ugly AF in a darkmode forum:

ps: sorry about the awfull pic. :yum:

1 Like

I. Totally. Love. Blades. :heart_eyes:

Hell, that’s a really nice collection
 the last picture reminds me of SoulCalibur a bit (yeah, one of my guilty pleasures
), and I love the “Blade”-style sword second from top
 I wanted to get that in tanto-length, but didn’t find it again

1 Like

Speaking of Michelle, I’m curious: is she wearing any implant?

Not that that has anything to do with anything :slight_smile:

So strange hearing you say that, especially considering you consider them as permanent as possible.

I wear glasses and they’re kind of permanently affixed to my face most of the time too :slight_smile:

I use “wear” because RFID implants don’t interact with my body in any way, shape or form. In other words, they’re in a permanent pocket under my skin instead of being in a temporary pocket in my pants. But I still only wear em: I carry them around and they do their own thing.

Magnets on the other hand
 If I had one, I wouldn’t say that, because it’d extend my sensory abilities. Different thing.

I think that’s underselling it quite a bit

You may still consider them totally separate from your body because it’s removable,

But to
 I would guess most, but I leave room to be wrong

To most, it’s part of your body, it was something I added and now it’s part of me

Yes I can remove it, but that’s no different than being able to remove a breast implant, it was added and part of their “persona”

I think it’s more than just carrying something around

That’s just how I see things. Sorry, if saying “wearing implants” upsets anyone, I’ll quit saying it :slight_smile: I just can’t think of implanted transponders as anything other than impossible-to-lose keys.

1 Like

Don’t have to stop anything, wasn’t offense, just felt very oversimplified

I just wanted to voice a counter argument, beyond that we simply agree to disagree

I find people in the EU definitely tend to say “wear” as opposed to “have”
 like “Does Michelle have an implant?” sounds much more appropriate than “Does Michelle wear an implant?” 
 to me, “wear” means something that can be easily donned and removed as any piece of clothing.

3 Likes

oh also yes
 she does

4 Likes

So you wouldn’t say “wear a tattoo” for instance? That’s something I say also.

I know you were replying to Amal

But yea I wouldn’t say I wear tattoos
Feels weirdly clunky, also implies the tattoos existence can be separate from my own

I have Tattoos
I AM tattooed

Probably just a weird language thing, in addition to different philosophy of implants

This conversation has also been had before
 here is one part of it.

Feel free to follow it through
 or not

3 Likes

Do you wear a mole? Do you wear a skin tag? I agree with @Eriequiet I cannot wear a tattoo. I have a tattoo, so I just say I have tattoos. Like, I have moles or I have skin tags.

I thought @anon3825968 was from Merica.

I am not following it, I was there for the original.

1 Like

In English you can be also “sleeved”.
Wearing sleeves, or being sleeved up - I hear those rather often.

:monorail:
Just got the text that DHL is coming today.
:partying_face:

1 Like

Yeah I know. But to my credit, I wasn’t the one who brought that back up :wink:

my bad, I didn’t know