You could do a Flex Tape comercial

It even works with blood

amal pokes a big hole in the skin

Thats a lotta Damage

DT Tape comercial

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s ghetto :slight_smile:

Do as I say, not as I do :wink:

It’s a 28mm long small straight flex design. Used our needle.

After only a couple hours the tape and lint free lab wipes I used for gauze came off… no bleeding. I love needle installs.

2 Likes

I did a modified procedure… bevel up for the first part of the incision, up to the hilt (back of the bevel). Removed and re-inserted bevel down to pocket. Worked great. No point dive issues on initial incision.

2 Likes

Can you further explain? I might pass this on to my installer next week when I get my flex

Btw did you use any lido?

Now that makes sense, The incision looked “wrong” to me

1 Like

Lol, I kept trying to imagine yelling the original text, but SHAZAM! Is all that would come out,

In various voices and intensity’s of course

Glad I’m not nearly as insane as I thought I was :crazy_face:

I’ll make a vid.

Yep

I’ll make a vid.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Cool great visual

Associated question

When installing a flex I know “tools” are bad for various reasons

But having one x series that lives right against the original incision, I’d like my flex a bit deeper

Is there anything that would be ok to use to slide it a bit deeper? Taper?

Speaking of needle, I meant to ask: when it’s inserted all the way with the ring mark at the entry point, it creates a pocket just long enough for the length of a wedge flex. Right? But it seems to me the needle creates an arrow-shaped incision around the tip, while the flex’s extremity is circular.

Therefore, is the distance between the tip and the ring mark in fact slightly longer than the implant to account for the not-quite-round end of the pocket? Or maybe flesh is floppy enough that it doesn’t really matter all that much? Or is it a good idea to shove the needle in a couple mils past the mark just in case?

I’m kinda torn now (no pun lol) on which direction I want the flex needle to go in

I like the cleaner wound of bevel down

But bevel up doesn’t make me imagine the tip going way to deep and tearing my tendons and ligaments and all kinds of terrible hypochondria stuff

AFAIK it’s the other way around. A bit before the mark should be more than fine with a bit of extra space.

Just squish it back using pressure from outside… I went waaaay deep with the needle and pushed it all the way to the back using just a rubbing motion from overtop the skin… just like trying to push it back from outside… like pushing a ball around under a blanket…

No it’s way longer at the mark than the longest wedge flex. If you get to the laser mark you’re good. See;

40mm from the back of the bevel to the mark

Ah right okay. So the entire bevel area is considered “dead space” then.