You could do a Flex Tape comercial

It even works with blood

amal pokes a big hole in the skin

Thats a lotta Damage

DT Tape comercial

3 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s ghetto :slight_smile:

Do as I say, not as I do :wink:

Itā€™s a 28mm long small straight flex design. Used our needle.

After only a couple hours the tape and lint free lab wipes I used for gauze came offā€¦ no bleeding. I love needle installs.

2 Likes

I did a modified procedureā€¦ bevel up for the first part of the incision, up to the hilt (back of the bevel). Removed and re-inserted bevel down to pocket. Worked great. No point dive issues on initial incision.

2 Likes

Can you further explain? I might pass this on to my installer next week when I get my flex

Btw did you use any lido?

Now that makes sense, The incision looked ā€œwrongā€ to me

1 Like

Lol, I kept trying to imagine yelling the original text, but SHAZAM! Is all that would come out,

In various voices and intensityā€™s of course

Glad Iā€™m not nearly as insane as I thought I was :crazy_face:

Iā€™ll make a vid.

Yep

Iā€™ll make a vid.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Cool great visual

Associated question

When installing a flex I know ā€œtoolsā€ are bad for various reasons

But having one x series that lives right against the original incision, Iā€™d like my flex a bit deeper

Is there anything that would be ok to use to slide it a bit deeper? Taper?

Speaking of needle, I meant to ask: when itā€™s inserted all the way with the ring mark at the entry point, it creates a pocket just long enough for the length of a wedge flex. Right? But it seems to me the needle creates an arrow-shaped incision around the tip, while the flexā€™s extremity is circular.

Therefore, is the distance between the tip and the ring mark in fact slightly longer than the implant to account for the not-quite-round end of the pocket? Or maybe flesh is floppy enough that it doesnā€™t really matter all that much? Or is it a good idea to shove the needle in a couple mils past the mark just in case?

Iā€™m kinda torn now (no pun lol) on which direction I want the flex needle to go in

I like the cleaner wound of bevel down

But bevel up doesnā€™t make me imagine the tip going way to deep and tearing my tendons and ligaments and all kinds of terrible hypochondria stuff

AFAIK itā€™s the other way around. A bit before the mark should be more than fine with a bit of extra space.

Just squish it back using pressure from outsideā€¦ I went waaaay deep with the needle and pushed it all the way to the back using just a rubbing motion from overtop the skinā€¦ just like trying to push it back from outsideā€¦ like pushing a ball around under a blanketā€¦

No itā€™s way longer at the mark than the longest wedge flex. If you get to the laser mark youā€™re good. See;

40mm from the back of the bevel to the mark

Ah right okay. So the entire bevel area is considered ā€œdead spaceā€ then.

Awesome video!, looks like bevel down would barely leave a mark when healed.

I would definitely recommend inserting it pointy end first :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes