The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Well, not all tests test everything. I was more thinking of range (i.e. parasitic capacitance of flesh) and, like you said, coating failure. Mechanical failure would have showed up if Amal had stressed the implant for fatigue without a pig leg. But that requires a machine and some time.

if thatā€™s the case, I hope your wife got to make that decision for your kids.

The world doesnā€™t need any

Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii Graafstra
or
Number 16 Bus Shelter Graafstra

I shit you not, ACTUAL childrenā€™s names (minus the Graafstra bit) given by idiot parents

1 Like

Can I ask what your use case is?
NTAG213 is 144bytes and NTAG216 is 888bytes
Is for some ā€œTaskerā€ function
Or Amiibo ( not sure if that is only NTAG215 )
Or is it really just for the :bulb: Blinky :bulb: with a little user storage

No need to answer if you donā€™t want, Iā€™m just curious of what good applications they can do that a 216 canā€™t do equally well.
:man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Just having it - love to collect more chips.
My dream is to reach 30 implants this year.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: The dream Chip (keeping it close to achievable, though)

A post was merged into an existing topic: The dream Chip (keeping it close to achievable, though)

Itā€™s just that there is no 216 with a LED.

1 Like

Yeah thats what I thought.
Thatā€™s Occamā€™s Blinky

the most obvious answer is the LED one.

4 Likes

NTAG I2C plus used in the xSIID is basically the same as the NTAG216, just with an additional 1k tacked on the end :man_shrugging:

It isnā€™t a flex though :cry:, so if thatā€™s the attraction then thatā€™s very understandable.

No, in reality I want a flexSIID. Itā€™s perfect. But if the closest I can get is a 213 with bling bling blinky blinky itā€™s fine.

Itā€™s about contact sharing, I want people that scan my hand to see a LED. Even the flexNExT wasnā€™t quite perfect for that.

Btw I have a weird idea to test for fatigue failure.
You know those robots that flex the IKEA chairs a million times to prove itā€™s durability?

If we put a flexNExT in some jelly or so and massage it with those massage tools (apply pressure and turn) it could be a good test.
Canā€™t find a picture (autpmatic massage tool leads to vibrators) but the tool in my mind has 3 big knobs that turn automatically.

Itā€™s an easy enough rig to build

A cam rigged to an arm, add electric motor

Gets trickier the more consistent and tuned
you want the forces to be

I have one of these at work.

https://www.fishersci.com/shop/products/corning-lse-vortex-mixer-5/10320807

The flexNExT is past the need for fatigue testing, as it has been green-banana-tested by those who implanted it - the best kind of testing of course, unless youā€™re the tester :slight_smile:

I wouldnā€™t mind proper mechanical testing happen with new implant developments. That sort of testing service can be subcontracted, and Iā€™d be willing to chip in if DT set up a crowd fund for extensive testing of an upcoming implant Iā€™m interested in.

1 Like

That is the trick though.

Finding one enough people want to put money towards.

Well if thatā€™s not workable, Iā€™ve also said before that Iā€™d also be willing to pour some of my hard earned into an undetermined R&D slush fund setup by DT. Surely Iā€™m not the only one, and Amal would then be free to redirect that money to whichever project / development he wishes.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a great idea

• we could even do something like a patreon to help support plans and stuff - doesnā€™t have to produce much, but the continued research and the like would be worth 5$/ month to me :slight_smile:

the WIIFM of it could be discounted prices, early release queue, special deals etc.

Aka the ā€œAmal slush fundā€

Or nothing at all.

Me, Iā€™m not looking to get discounts, just to help out one rare bird in this world of mega-corporations bringing out evermore bland products for the cretinous mass. DT is different and Iā€™m willing to help.

Research usually doesnā€™t produce much short term, but pays off long term. For us customers, it pays off when your skin is all healed and youā€™re genuinely happy to have gone through the procedure of implanting something great. You have to ask yourself if youā€™re willing to stick with DT for the long haul though

1 Like

oh, i agree with that - itā€™s not about getting us deals, itā€™s about making it more enticing for people who are a little less altruistic.

our value is the brainfund and buying futures - others may need just a kick in the bum to peak up.

itā€™s all mentality

another cyber-kitty option could be the thing that a lot of places are offering ā€œkeep the changeā€ to customers often for charity - meaning, they round the order up to the next $.

honestly, if my order comes to 96.39, iā€™d be even ok bumping it to 100 flat.
(not that DT pisses around with change, mind you)

1 Like