The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

You know it might just be because he was referring to two persons? So, ā€œtheirā€ might just have been used as the usual 3rd person plural. And maybe in quotation marks because discord isnā€™t ā€œyourā€ space?

1 Like

silly billy! thats because you arent a valid person who deserves respect! uh oh! try again when you dont use made up pronouns !!

[this comment was made by a disgusting they/them feel free to not respect me either ]

1 Like

Shhā€¦ that still doesnā€™t even make sense

I suggest a time out to let passions cool, as things are apparently getting out of hands. Iā€™d hate for people to say shit they donā€™t mean and would regret

3 Likes

FUCKEN THIS !!!

FUCKEN THIS !!!

1 Like

if yall wanna upgrade this from circle jerk to full on gay sex, inbox me :wink:

11 Likes

Can we discuss ā€œpiezo vs micromotor vibrators in x-series glassesā€ instead?

Would people please stop saying the word pronoun, it makes me go back to primary school English class and a very disturbing time in my life. I still havenā€™t forgiven my primary one teacher for marking me downā€¦

The textbook said draw a bat and a ball so I drew a :tennis: and a :bat:

Hmmm what do you have in mind?

Whatever turns you onā€¦ I mean floats your boat.

1 Like

Sure!
Looking up some high end quartz watches made me think about the v2 xG3. A micro motor is a very similar concept.
I come across with the idea of piezo implant every now and then on the forum, but it either needs more power to operate and/or it would be rather large.

Since the xG3 v2 is available I was wondering if anyone has thought about developing a device that gives haptic feedback?

ā€¦not the dictionary definition of turn-on, but this thoughts keep me rather entertained
ĀÆ(Āŗ_o)/ĀÆ

1 Like

wouldnt a watch ticking vibration drive you mad tho? im not joking im sure thata form of torture the CIA use

A mechanical watchā€¦ sure, it stays away during bedtime.
My quartz watch (alibaba quality) is silent enough to be on the wrist even at night.

I think Mythbusters dealt with the case under the title of ā€œChinese Water Tortureā€ or similar.
Cyborgnest mentions about devices to give sensation of passing time.
But to be fair, there is not a lot they published, so it was either a failed concept or stayed as concept.

Presumably you would only have it tick if you wanted it to.

Slightly less implanted but I use my fitness band when I am on call to notify me of incoming text messages. If Iā€™m awake no big deal and if I am asleep it wakes me up.

So what are we talking about a band or something that interacts with a magnetic implant.

Iā€™m assuming an implant that physically buzzes itself, presumably after receiving power at least remotely.

I donā€™t think itā€™s a simple as just an electromagnet and a magnet (or even lump of metal) if that was the case then a titan would be sufficient.

Hmm, having any sort of moving part in a glass tube ainā€™t ideal.

The ntag i2c can drive a small motor but needs more force to start the movement. Maybe a piezo would work.

What you think that wrapping a moving object in glass might cause issues with the glass?

Say it ainā€™t so.

I think the concept is to have something that causes a sensation without it requiring any obvious external parts.

Why you need a vibration to stimulate nerves from inside the body I am not sure. I would have thought that something that could directly (or indirectly) stimulate the nerves without movement would be even more elegant.

However I suspect that having such a device implantable by anything less than a surgeon might be harder.

Yes, this has become ā€œcan I implant a shock collarā€ā€¦ :rofl:

Not really.
Electric nerve stimulation is on the radar of DT as far as I remember.
Moving parts in glass: xG3, particularly the 2nd version!

So far we havenā€™t successfully unfolded the possibility of piezos and micro motors, in whatever form.

In fact a micro motor could be encapsulated in titanium with a tungsten carbide bearing to make it last as long as it lasts. It might be okay, it might be disposable, such as the payment chip, yet I think it worth a constructive discussion.

Ah, almost forgot itā€¦ this baby here is now six months old :wink:

9 Likes