The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Well i feel bad for spurring the conversation - but honestly, the arguments are kind of what makes a good forum goodā€¦ unless they go and get all personal like that.

@anon3825968, yā€™all are rather important to the heart of this forum - stick around!

3 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Not really, but I felt like joining in.

@anon3825968 I donā€™t know you very well yet, but you will be sorely missed if you leave. It is however your choice.

Wow, that was some interesting catch up.

I donā€™t want to drag anything back up to the surface here. So I will leave it at this.

@anon3825968 your value and worth is far greater to us here than ANY snowflake.

If anybody is going to leave the forum, I know who I would rather it would be.

4 Likes

:mage: I liked the Neville shooting scene, predictable but still funny

Snowflake? in this climate at this time of year?

4 Likes

Bah, Elon Musk is 90% hype. Neuralink is still catching up to tech thatā€™s been around for what? A decade?

Meanwhile

Reading the brain is nothing new. Writing to it, howeverā€¦

Scratch thatā€¦ I would be interested to see audio imported

As much potential for visual information lll stick to wearable for thatā€¦ I donā€™t want it turning into the first episode of altered carbon

1 Like

giphy

2 Likes

A chip in the hand is one thing, but Iā€™d have to be a little reserved about a brain chip. For now, I guess one would seem harmless.

But if things go south, Iā€™d like to know Iā€™m in control of my own body and thoughts.

1 Like

Iā€™m not convinced there will ever be any achievable level of ā€œcontrolā€

Adding a computer connection to your brain doesnā€™t override your existing neural connections

It would just be an additional input, like an additional sense or data channel

Maybe Iā€™m naive, but I feel like brains will very enough from one to another that you will always have to ā€œtrainā€ connections

Ummmm, do I need to direct you to a whole thread about how it IS possible :wink:

4 Likes

We learn best from nature. If a worm can do it, we will figure it out eventually.

Also, they donā€™t need to put thoughts in your mind, they just need to nudge you in certain ways. Think of the people who got a tumor and killed people, or too many concussions and went off the deep end. It could be a slow control.

I.e. buy a new product and they give you a small jolt to your pleasure receptor. You just feel happier buying said products so they train you to buy more for that jolt.

I will take you out of context in just these words. Thanks.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what the internet is for isnā€™t it?

1 Like

Iā€™d call that influence, but yea scary shitā€¦ because that could be possibleā€¦ also feels more nefarious as itā€™s nit as brute force

2 Likes

Of course there is also the
remote control cockroaches

In a series of demonstrations, the scientists showed how they remotely controlled the direction in which the cockroach walked by stimulating nerves on either side of its body. When cockroaches walk, the three legs on each side move in time with each other.

1 Like

As the actress said to the bishop.

2 Likes

Microchiped or frequencies, mindreading, 24/7 followed or watched

It doesnā€™t take much to influence or drive a person crazy, a few voices here and there, maybe an incurable itch?

1 Like

Donā€™t joke,

I get an itch that feels an inch below skin in hand now and again,

Iā€™m sure itā€™s due to nerve damage, but itā€™s annoying as hell

1 Like

Wait till you get older and you have a ridiculously itchy ear hole that, no matter what, will not stop. (Like the biblical hole, not a piercing hole)

4 Likes