The antiđŸš«-derailment🚃 & threadđŸ§” hijackingđŸ”« threadđŸ§” ⁉

I have that
 eczema in the ear! Doc prescription for triamcinolone
 a few dabs a day in there a few days in a row kills it for weeks. Was driving me crazy to the point of bleeding on my pillows at night from all the scratching.

I should look into that, backs of my knees and ears are like that

Classic eczema locations. We also have kiddos with it and mix vanicream with triamcinolone 50/50 and that is quite effective at keeping it at bay long term.

1 Like

So, the same piercer who did my implants is piercing my ear tomorrow :blush:

That’s a positive about getting implants that I hadn’t anticipated. I now know a quality piercer with reasonable prices, and compared to implants, an ear piercing is nothing :laughing:

It’s something I’ve wanted to do for a while now, and it never would have happened without implants. I would have been too scared to ever go to a piercer in the first place, let alone actually modifying my body in a meaningful way.

5 Likes

My doc said just use a dab of mineral oil - mine is just dry. Sucks so bad tho.

That’s actually a fantastic turn of events

. I have multitudes of tattoos and holes in my body but every time I go get a shot, I get butterflies. The nurse always laughs like I’m joking.

Maybe if it sucks that bad and mineral oil isn’t cutting it you should get a second opinion?

That’s really interesting, I wonder what leads to that. The idea of a piercing scares me a decent amount (my stomach was really rough when I went to have my implants put in). Shots have never caused issues though, and I actually kinda enjoy seeing it go in. I’ve donated blood numerous times too (and had it drawn a lot, yay PrEP), and no issues there either, think it’s neat.

Given that you’ve had a lot of piercings, any tips for a first timer? Aftercare, day of, etc.

Probably vaso vagel

Amal will be along shortly to better explain, but as far as I understand it’s linked with your bodies fight it flight

We should probably have a dedicated reference type thread about it in reference to implants come to think of it

2 Likes

What tools do they use, I know there are some strong proponents against the Piercing guns on here

1 Like

Definitely not a piercing gun haha, they’re a real piercer :wink:

so a sewing needle and a potato like I used on mine when I was a kid? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Same as an implant. Keep it clean, don’t mess with it. Ears are super susceptible to stretching so if you mess with it, yet hole could get too big :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hah! Was just telling my wife that. Every one of mine was the the good old potato, save one that I got done at a mall- that one got infected and I had to let it close up.

Edit: I forgot, the needle had to be sterilized by a lighter first- safety and all.

2 Likes

hahahahahahaahah oh my
 can’t forget that step! Such serious. Much important. How am I still alive?

((for anyone who made better different life choices in their youth and has no idea what we’re talking about, the potato went behind the ear so you could support the earlobe and jab the needle through without having to worry about stabbing your fingers. ))

3 Likes

Didn’t you numb the earlobe with an ice cube too?

Daaaaamn
 just woke up to the forum, what the fuck was going on here again?
@anon3825968 - I can estimate how you feel, I think, but please don’t just walk away. This forum lives from different, often antithetical opinions, and it worked out fine every single way. Except for this fucking topic.
I mean, guys, seriously - we had discussions between gun-owners and pacifists. Lots of conflict potential, and yet, it was all civilised. Same with discussions between christians and more-or-less satanists. All went well. And with every other discussion here, because both sides were able and willing to try to understand each other, and as well able to just let a different opinion stand there. Live and let live, and maybe widen the horizon a bit.
We even had some discussions about sex and the like, and as long as some people weren’t involved, it all went fine as well - so I guess it’s not up to you when something goes severely wrong. I read the deleted comments, and while yours was definitely a little side blow against some snowflake-y persons here, it was not offensive or anything.

:unicorn_thumbs_up:
I know this forum is not heavily moderated (and I’m very happy about that), but I’m very sad that some people who are just not able to laugh about themselves can drive away a valuable member of this community. That’s just sad. Not sure if I want to be a member of such a community.

Congrats and welcome to the dark side! :wink:

Eat well before going there. If you’re really nervous, try some breathing exercises.
During the procedure itself, I guess your piercer will tell you that anyway, breath in deeply when the needle touches your skin, and breathe out when it goes through - helps a lot :wink:
Aftercare - like others already said, just don’t touch or irritate it at all. There will be the day when you catch on your new piercing with a brush, a towel, your hands, a helmet or anything else, but the later it is, the better :smile:
The products used for aftercare vary wildly between piercers, so I’d say just follow his recommendation. After some time and several piercings, you might have tested out lots of different things to clean and care for them, so you will find your “own way” to do that :wink:

:unicorn_blow_kisses:

7 Likes

I know The Independent is not a particularly good source, but what fresh hell is this

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/pentagon-covid-microchip-blood-virus-b1830372.html

Since when does Bill Gates work for the pentagon?

But if you leave, and @anon3825968 leaves then the community won’t be the same community.

I haven’t read the deleted comments (nor do I care to) but hopefully people will be able to move on (and stay)

4 Likes