The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

But now weā€™re all so curious! That equipment looked impressive for sure :wink:

oh it went horribly horribly wrong in so many ways!

i started with trying (and failing) to remove my old xSIIDā€¦

Honestly, you could probably get the image quality down enough by using a photo editor to change itā€™s color scheme to greyscale or even straight black and white, and then get within the right size just by playing with the image resolution. You could also maybe tinker with the color resolution (not sure what the default color resolution settings are for greyscale, but maybe you could go from 8 bit to 4 bit to save on size that way, as an example), but I feel like if you just change the first two things, you should be able to get it down to a respectable size.

Ostensibly after that, youā€™d be able to just.create a new contact in your phone, upload the image as a contact photo, then put it on the chip using NFC tools

Way ahead of you. Iā€™ve been doing all that. I have no problem making it smol and getting the image to pop up on someoneā€™s phone as a vCard. Itā€™s just that itā€™s barely not legible. Iā€™m still working on it.

Ahhh damn.

:open_mouth:
Jenny how many implants do you have???

None of them work with a coffee machine.
What technology are we talking about here?
:alien: :coffee:

2 Likes

@Satur9 Iā€™m sure you have already considered it, and there must be a reason why itā€™s not suitable.
I guess you need the original image and signatures!?

Otherwise an NDEF dataset with all the same information on it and saved as a VCard would be the simple option.

Just a random thought as I type this, not researched, but a .zip file would be great if possible.

Did you try a comparison before and after so you can set your file size/quality slightly higher before putting it through TagWriter?

Also, have you tried with NFC Tools?

it is mifare mini
my phone showed : mifare classic

We try to hack it - the time when my proxmark was working. I shipped a second tag to Ashley - we go to all files. With Patrick we copied it to a magic tag - the machine doesnā€™t react to the tag.

The newer machines from the company cafe+co work only with money and creditcards. So I think converting a chip isnā€™t a good idea - maybe if they will change the machine - I canā€™t use the tag.

1 Like

This is just a smaller memory version of the S50 1k isnā€™t it?

Did you try both gen1a and gen2 test cards / implants on it?

gen2 would probably be your best chance ā€¦

my proxmark stopped working - canā€™t use it ā€¦
we tried to install it - doesnā€™t work.

Any idea what error you are getting? Did you try holding the button down when flashing it?

i got help from people from the iceman discord server.
we tried it several times.
the PM3 easy isnā€™t broken it shows up on the co.puter of a friend.

1 Like

Hey all
Petchip.info

Enter

049E7A32945180

In the search

6 Likes

Thatā€™s hilarious. Surprised you were willing to put your UID out there, but I guess if you donā€™t use that particular implant for security, thereā€™s no real harm.

Also, ā€œPlumpā€ absolutely killed me.

3 Likes

Yep

Icing on the cake, after neutered :scissors:

1 Like

How will they know who to call if Iā€™m found???

Really though, itā€™s my blasted xsiid thatā€™s been driving me nuts so I figured it should be used for something:)

2 Likes

Really nice idea! A male, neutered, domesticated cyborg is definitely a great description :wink:

So, finally, some kind of tracking via our implants is possible! How long have we all (well, not we, butā€¦ yā€™knowā€¦ eyes over at the mindreading thread ) waited for that! :smile:
:unicorn_thumbs_up:

edit: I just looked at the German version of such a page, and sadly, I can choose neither primate nor unicorn as a speciesā€¦ wolf is not possible as wellā€¦ and since I donā€™t really feel like an elk, a ferret (well, a comatose ferret would be cool againā€¦) or an alpaca, I guess I just wonā€™t register there. Pfffffā€¦

2 Likes

nespresso machines are mifare classic 1k :stuck_out_tongue: my xm1 gets me coffee of a morning thanks to @iceman

3 Likes

This is the first time Iā€™ve ever been interested in a instant coffee machine

2 Likes

HP Labs in Bristol had one which would grind the beans, and then make coffee while you waited.

It was pretty fancy for a coffee machine.

But this was last Millennium, so who knows what they have now.