The anti🚫-derailment🚃 & thread🧵 hijacking🔫 thread🧵 ⁉

haha i honestly did consider it just as a joke but the fees are pretty crazy… the subscription model for Discourse is based on an OSS plugin and I just pay the normal processing fees.

1 Like

Buy Me A Coffee is pretty good too. They just charge the usual Stripe/Paypal fee.

2 Likes

good to know… though running my own deal on this forum feels pretty cozy … i’ll probably just keep things here.

3 Likes

I need to figure out how to get involved,

I’m just behind the times and have no crypto

1 Like

hah no prob the subscribe system in the forum just uses standard credit cards

1 Like

I frequently describe my self as an anachronistic technologist. I run computer systems and yet use an analogue mechanical watch… I have a cast iron printing press and don’t even use photo polymer plates with it, I use movable type.

So how do you print pictures, if you print them at all?

Well, my current press is only capable of 6" x 4" so I don’t. The press I learned on (My dad’s Albion) was capable of much larger prints so we used either etchings, cuts or woodblocks (Mostly cuts). You can still have metal cuts custom made and mounted. I do need to have one made for my IMP logo.

Sounds like a standard format of a photo… ¯_( ツ)_/¯

It is, but it’s a Caxton tabletop press from the late 1800s.

It is intended as a toy rather than a commercial press. I use it for things like small booklets, cards, etc.

Done and done

1 Like

Does anyone have recommendations for faraday gloves? I can only find them on etsy with no size listing

Sounds like somebody is going to DefCon…

have you checked out?

You wont find what you are after, but you may get some ideas

1 Like

So general consensus is faraday gloves wont help me and I need to buy some parylux film :smile: :+1:

:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Last night I just finished watching

Which took place in Oregon, I had never even heard about that commune before seeing it on Netflix.
I found it quite interesting, they did some impressive things and it took some very odd turns along the way…
If you are interested in commune / cult following documentaries, I would recommend it as a watch.
6 episodes of around an hour each

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Install Videos and Pictures

2 Likes

nature

2 Likes

I appreciate that you lichen it to a shipwreck

1 Like

Moss we have all these puns? I’m just trying to have some fun, guy!

2 Likes