The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

I feel kind of bad for starting a Firefox wave when I actually like chrome better lol
I only switched because of their shady ad practices and them forcing grid tab view, ew

I used to love Chromeā€¦ but it became absolutely unusable!

If I use Chrome for 5-10 minutes then leave it open on my computer, it quickly reaches somewhere between 85 and 95% of CPU usage.

If I have FF, Brave, Blender rendering a scene, Gradle compiling some code, a video playing & bruteforcing an encrypted file, all at the same time (but no Chrome), my CPU usage barely reaches 45% even on spikes.
(All graphics tasks above are redirected to be handled by my CPU as well)

I seriously wonder what the fuck goes on with Chrome.

1 Like

I bet it stopped working after this bend :rofl:

I wonderā€¦

If you want to post a picture of how bendy is your productā€¦
You want to show people that even if you bend it, it still worksā€¦ Right?

Or have I missed something there?

Because what that picture clearly shows us isā€¦
If you bend that implant, and then get it really close to a readerā€¦
The reader does NOT read it anymore!!
(see the red light on the reader? indicating it is not reading the implant)
:joy:

1 Like

Itā€™s clearly a safety feature, you can disable the implant by bending it to protect yourself against unwanted transactions while youā€™re asleep! :joy:

4 Likes

SaturNEIN just sent me links this :slight_smile:

Seriously?! Last count was 7 or so from community mumblingsā€¦ but then suddenly pretty much everyone stopped talking and I was actually told by some they were not allowed to talk to me (me specifically)ā€¦ I was like holy shit dude.

3 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s what I was told, it was from a while ago tho.

from what I gather, the first batch of these is what failed on pretty much everyoneā€¦ so literally the first set of 10 like 7 failed within 1-4 weeks of installation.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got new ones coming in the mail from a biohacker in Germany. Iā€™ll test them out and see how they hold up. @amal , can you send me any old flex implant so that I can test side-by-side? The only ones I have lying around are prototypes or ones with compromised encapsulation.

1 Like

Its full of air bubbles

1 Like

Hush, they might not notice the bubbles. Perhaps the sharp corners are to distract from the bubbles (or vice versa).

I believe that you can use a vacuum pot to remove those bubbles during casting, so I am not sure why they didnā€™t.

1 Like

Ignorance or indifference or incompetence are pretty standard guesses

ā€¦oops did I say that out loud?

Ignorance - a quick Google search about removing bubbles from silicon castings would resolve that.

Indifference - the bubbles make it look like the product was produced by someone who just didnā€™t care. So while they might be indifferent that would make me shy away from the product entirely. If they are indifferent to sales then why bother at all.

Incompetence - No cure for that one.

So, basically if they want to be taken seriously they would have clear, bubble free silicon with smooth, rounded edges everywhere.

Itā€™s actually really difficult to completely evacuate all the air from silicone, and itā€™s especially noticeable when itā€™s transparent. You not only need to evacuate the air from the mold, but ultrasonically vibrate it at the same time. If DT made silicone encapsulated implants it would likely be similar. The difference is that Amal had the foresight to decide not to.

Iā€™m not trying to throw shade on iamrobot. I would implant this device, I would just like to know the limitations before I did. The free sharing of information has always been a core component of biohacking. Unfortunately when itā€™s a business, the desire to market overcomes the desire for transparency. Thatā€™s why you need informed people taking things apart and giving reviews :wink:

2 Likes

They are INTERESTED in income, but indifferent to inspection or investing in improvements

At least, thatā€™s my imagining

Thatā€™s for added buoyancy. It doubles as a personal floatation device. #featurenotbug

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what makes them so boo compatible! Human bodies Love air

Oh yā€™all being mean to Sven again - Iā€™m still happy with my IAR (x) shine sitting shining a slightly dimmer white next to my DT red xLed

Iā€™m all for an open marketplace -competition builds innovation. I know DT is the premiere place to get stuff to stick into yourself, but Im sure, with time, there will be other weird sketchy stuff that Amal wonā€™t touch with a ten freedom foot pole.

I say if itā€™s cool, stick it in me, Daddy.

2 Likes
3 Likes