The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

chains and whips excite me?

8 Likes
Should drive thru restaurants ask you to pull forward while they serve the customer behind you?
  • No, itā€™s first come, first serve.
  • No, I ask for a refund and cancel my order.
  • Yes, but I donā€™t like it.
  • Yes, Iā€™ll happily wait longer in a parking spot.
  • Never really though about, I just do what they tell me.
  • They donā€™t ask where I live.

0 voters

2 Likes

Depends on why your order isnā€™t ready but theirs is

Big order? Yea thatā€™s on you

Regular meat and potato order? Sounds like they are making you suffer for their failure

2 Likes

I agree totally, the original idea is that while your sitting there waiting on your food, thereā€™s a timer going. The longer you sit there, the lower performance rating that store gets. By pulling forward, your giving them a better rating for making you wait longer.

I feel like if you plan to order everything on the menu, you should probably not do that in the drive thru.

2 Likes

Iā€™m just curious what others views on it are.

Personally, itā€™s a huge pet peeve of mine however, Iā€™ve recently discovered itā€™s not the waiting that bothers me, itā€™s them asking me to do something I donā€™t want to do.

COVID has forced many places to offer curbside. I usually choose this option as I can sit there for an unlimited amount of time and even lose track of time.

1 Like

Honestly Iā€™ve become a lot more fond of ordering through apps instead of having to explain to drive thru workers and having a chance of it being heard wrong. I usually donā€™t mind pulling forward

1 Like

I always give fast food wage slaves the benefit of the doubt and do everything I can to make their lives easier because I know how much bullshit they have to put up with. If you need to put a selfish spin on it to get motivated though I can say I always get good treatment and free shit from not complaining.

1 Like

The thing that annoys me is when you roll up to a McDonaldā€™s at 3am, no other car around

And you have to wait 10 minutes for them to cook only enough fries for what you order

I get the idea, fresh=good
But just actively not having fries on hand and making customers ALWAYS wait, doesnā€™t sit well with me

I would understand if it was 30 minutes before they switch to breakfast or w/e but 2 hours before hand and they just stop having any food actually ready? Disappoint

I tend to be annoyed at most service outside of accepted circadian rhythms

I get good treatment and free shit for being polite when I have to complain.

Make it clear itā€™s not them personally, try not to rant, just say what is not right.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been in the fast food business, it does suck. In my personal experience, every job Iā€™ve had equally sucked the same just in a different way. I chose to get out of fast food because whiny customers wasnā€™t my thing.

They really do need to be paid more but the only thatā€™ll ever happen is if the jobs become harder to staff.

Iā€™ve never experienced this but I do try to be civil to the people handling my food.

Save the rants for Yelp to avoid any ā€œextraā€™sā€ on your burger.

1 Like

Hey @Pilgrimsmaster
(or anyone knowledgeable)

You mentioned that what Iā€™m looking for is a flip flop relay,

After immediately wondering if you were fucking with me I googled it, and there are several discussions about flip flop vs latching, and now Iā€™m confused on which one I actually want

Any input?

Have you ever watched ā€œFalling Downā€ ?

Falling Down

1 Like

I believe for your use youā€™re more likely to want a flip-flop relay over a latching
A flip flop should alternate outputs upon each activation, but a latching would need seperate inputs for set and reset
So if you want to be able to easily scan your implant to toggle lock and unlock without having to make the reader capable of switching between activating the set or reset pins a flip flop would be easier
Though, I will add that Iā€™ve never personally used either before

2 Likes

So the flip flop remembers itā€™s posistion even with power removed?

I thought that was latching, discombobulated lol

Iā€™ll look into latching

Haha, should I read that as I am NOT knowledgeable :wink:

Iā€™m not an expert but here is my understanding

Flip Flops are more power hungry
Flip Flops are less glitchy
Flip Flops are slower

I meant to say
(Or anyone else knowledgable)

Thatā€™s my bad :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It may depend on the style of relay, but I believe most of both flip flops and latching relays use the magnets to toggle a physically bistable switch, so both should stay in the position you left it in when all power is removed, based on my understanding

2 Likes

Cool cool,

Another idea occurred to me,

Itā€™s kinda stupid, but also kinda so stupidly simple itā€™s brilliant

What if instead of trying to make a switching relay workā€¦

I just use 2 xACv2, one rigged to lock and one to unlock

:exploding_head: lol

2 Likes

Not stupid at all, I has been mentioned / suggested previously, If you can afford the battery Drain then it is simple option

Hereā€™s the Specs for your calcs

The xAC V1= 11mA Idle 48mA Operating
The xAC V2= 60mA Idle 100mA Operating

1 Like

V1 isnā€™t available though anymore I thought?