The anti🚫-derailment🚃 & thread🧵 hijacking🔫 thread🧵 ⁉

That is more acceptable, some of my friends are (or were) colleagues from work. This was someone, who can be very demanding, paging me to do some work. If they had opened an incident, called the on-call and they had escalated to me I wouldn’t have had a problem. They skipped the whole other bit and paged me directly.

I heard they have incredible icecream there :wink:
I plan on doing a trip around the island, pet some wonderful horses, be impressed by the landscape and maybe get some handpoked tattoos…
Unfortunatly, my beloved one told my ex-friend about my plans, and now he wants to accompany me - he’s a really nice guy, but after some hours, he tends to get on my nerves… so, two weeks with him? Daaaaamn…^^

Agree, that’s definitely not okay.

1 Like

Iceland is also the name of a chain of frozen food shops in the UK. I don’t think their ice cream is particularly special.

1 Like

Did you read about those payment terminal attacks? I dont know much about it yet except that there were some simple buffer overflows somewhere down the communication. Gotta read it later, I’ve just seen a german summary.

1 Like

None of the articles are particularly detailed.

1 Like

doable!

I beg to differ. It is a very “speeeeecial” kind of special. :nauseated_face:

+1

2 Likes

Well nothing… well, I mean… yeah … nothing.

1 Like

You are aware of the fact that nobody here believes you when you say you have “nothing” planned, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

Soooo…

a big cyborg meeting on a glacier? Testing new chips in vivo in a volcano lake? Establishing the church of transhumanism in one of the more religiously tolerant countries?

3 Likes

Sounds like a good American tax dodge to me.

2 Likes

Yeah, we already had that topic here some time ago…^^
I think we agreed on not agreeing about stuff, but I still think the name would be problematic :wink:

Nope… nothing… yet… but just might maybe be looking into putting together an IRL DT party after all this quarantine.

4 Likes

I’d be willing to go to iceland for that :partying_face: :beers:

2 Likes

Would you also pay a little ticket fee too? Gotta fund something like that. Iceland is pretty well positioned between the US and EU and it’s even ok for the downunders to get to vs Seattle

1 Like

Sure thing, wouldn’t mind paying for such an event! Then people have to party extra hard to get their money’s worth :joy:

1 Like

I really like that idea! Guess it will be happening in Reykjavík? Do you want to use the northern lights or the midnight sun as a public attraction? :wink:

Sure that!

1 Like

Dunno yet… just feeling this out at the moment… but probably Reykjavik… probably.

I guess Reykjavík is the easiest to reach place on Iceland for international visitors, since all international flights land there…
With enough time to plan, it’s relatively cheap to get there from Germany, so I might even just go there for a cyborg-y-weekend or so, if it’s not happening during the time of my main visit…

Count me in

When would that be - if it takes place?