The antiđŸš«-derailment🚃 & threadđŸ§” hijackingđŸ”« threadđŸ§” ⁉

science-puppet

2 Likes

So are you going to have the Xg3 V1 replaced with a V2? or maybe a Titan??

I’m reasonably confident a Titan won’t be worthwhile (by my standards) in the tragus based on leumas95’s experience with the m31 so far (similar size). The only avenue left for me is a much larger magnet like the xG3v2

1 Like

I think I’m missing the goal of a ear magnet. Care to cause my next ‘duh’ moment?

it makes magnetic things stick to your ear.

((did ya miss me??))

3 Likes

This should explain
not as good as @miststlkr but still worth a read anyway

1 Like

If you have a magnet in your tragus it acts as one half of a speaker, the other half is a coil you wear somewhere on your body like a necklace and it transmits sounds wirelessly while an observer is none the wiser.

Brilliant. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t have much faith in humanity in the best of times, but I lost whatever I still had today. My laptop got stolen today in my hospital room. What rotter steals shit in hospitals, really
 If I was a thief, places like that would be off limit.

I mean I knew it happens, but it hits home when it happens to you and the last thing you need is go to a computer store, reinstall an OS, restore a backup - and in my case, learn to type on a fucking Finnish keyboard.

1 Like

You spelled CUNT incorrectly

What a coincidence, look what I saw less than 5 mins ago

Hehe yes. The Finns don’t invent words when they don¹t need to.

Here’s another bit of fun Finnish: learn to count to 100. Fast-forward to start the headeache :slight_smile:

Haha, well is is efficient, for a little while

then it gets ridiculous

So long they cropped it off the screen

To be fair, that’s the schoolbook form. Nobody says “kaksikymmentĂ€â€ here but “kaks-kyt”,

And about the word MAA (ground): add -ILMA (air) and you¹ve got MAAILMA which means “world”. Makes sense: the ground below and the air above is the entire world. Clever eh?

1 Like

Yep, simple and effective

Finnish isn’t the only language to do this with numbers. French has the wonderful quatre-vingts while Scottish Gaelic has an even more obvious x and ten.

English isn’t even that different.

Sixty-one. Seventy-three. Ninety-nine.

Any chance it was security or something?
If I wasn’t planning to be ditching apple soon due to their snooping thru phones ( which apparently they’ve been doing for years it recently came to light)

I would be playing with air tags, I’ve seen some people split the casings and make them even smaller and sneak them inside things

Took a photo of my flexClass earlier in the flexClass channel. Just thought to try a Titan too!

Here’s another of the flexClass to save you having to go look

1 Like

That’ll do it hahah

5 Likes

And a xSIID and flexEM

1 Like

Someone just slipped into the room and helped themselves to the black laptop bag in the cupboard. Could be staff or some random dude passing by. There is no security: it’s a hospital. My mom had a bunch of cash swiped in similar circumstances when she was in the theater getting her first knee prosthesis years ago. But that was in Belgium. I expected better from the Finns. Seems as though thieves will be thieving regardless of their nationality

Joke’s on them though: they inherited an 8 year old el-cheapo no-brand Chinese laptop with a Belgian French layout keyboard and an encrypted root partition. What bothers me is, it was still working like a champ for what I used it for. I’m not a demanding users, but they’ll probably ditch it when they see how fast it goes. It was my little buddy laptop that refused to die and I know it’ll end up in a landfill for zero good reason. I’m incredibly sad about that.

And I had gotten used to the weirdo Belgian French keyboard layout, that I could type on without looking. Now I’m back to hunting and pecking on this alien Finnish layout keyboard, which is also unconventional to boot, being a laptop keyboard. Or so my neighbor says: he’s a Finnish computer engineer and he can’t make head or tail of the damn keyboard either.

2 Likes