The anti🚫-derailment🚃 & thread🧵 hijacking🔫 thread🧵 ⁉

I have a rather long driveway and despite the mail ladies driving a Jeep they never liked even entering it. (There are three houses in the drive one right and the front and two further down) So they’ve always just forced the mail into the mailbox rather than come down even the slightest of driveway. I had a package with fragile written over nearly the entire thing forced into my mailbox so hard that it nearly came out of the ground when I pulled it out. Thank god it wasn’t actually fragile.

Don’t thank me. Buy a book of stamps when you are there to support them.

2 Likes

Will do.

1 Like

I prefer supporting the individual postal workers myself. A friend of mine told me how much he was paid for the rounds he had to do, and it’s frighteningly low. And it’s getting worse, as the rounds keep getting longer, and the workload is increasing as people buy more and more things online.

So whenever the mailman shows up on my doorstep to deliver a package, I tip them 2 euros. And I make sure I give them a couple tenners on new year’s day.

Side note while discussing it in my CS class discord, I might’ve just indirectly convinced one of my advisors to get an implant.

1 Like

For fear of derailing the original thread, I decided to post here

When I first joined the Forum, It wasn’t as active as it is now, I lurked for the first month and read A LOT so all those posts from the past helped, but I can easily count the active helpers, so a BELATED thank you to
my BIG 3
@Satur9 THANK YOU
@turbo2ltr THANK YOU
@Amal THANK YOU

YOU Guys are the reason I stuck around

Of course I have continued to learn an be helped by others since.
So to you all ( you know who you are )
THANKS
YOU Guys are the reason I continue to stick around

7 Likes

Same Same here.

Add yourself to that list buddy! In fact do it twice.

This is the only forum that I’ve ever been on where the new guys (and gals) don’t get treated like crap.
The Vibe is good here. All hail the Vibe. :crazy_face:

8 Likes

indeed

3 Likes
2 Likes

Sorry :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Haha, no need.

But I watched the animated video and they are embedding nuclear power plants inside diamonds and are asking for money…
Sounds legit

2 Likes

Yall are gonna make Amal have a field day. He already has a thing about testing bracelets.

3 Likes

Alright, so preface I only watched 3 minutes of that video. That being said, 100uW is only useful for like 2 applications, and we happen to be one of them. My real concern is less the viability of the tech and more the commercial availability

Yep I agree @Satur9 I just thought it was funny that I finished watching that video only around 20minutes befor Pilgrimsmaster posted

1 Like

Spooky, :ghost: get out of my head Rhys :wink:

1 Like

100uW … yeah I think I got more power from my subdermal solar panel experiment, and that wasn’t even nominal conditions. Still, there is something interesting about a power source that constantly supplies 100uW day or night for years and years. Tritium beta-voltaic batteries decline “relatively” rapidly over a 12-15 year life.

New Yubikeys have NFC :smirk:

2 Likes

Is there a benefit to using Yubikey over waiting for the Apex line?

If I understand correct, the Apex line will do what the Yubikey can do.

You answered your own question:

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

So the benefit is that is is currently released. I would still need to talk to Amal to see if it can be made into an implant. What do you think @Amal? I can go in on a 10 pack, or send you a 2 pack. https://www.yubico.com/product/yubikey-5c-nfc

Honestly that is all I want is to have an implanted, password keychain. My memory has been declining.