The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Nah. Keep your tornadoes. :tornado:

1 Like

3 Likes

images (31)

2 Likes

2 Likes

Ok this bourbon concoction is amazing

A friend of the wife is staying with us, and we were watching this documentary on bourbonā€¦ (always wanted to likeā€¦ but terrible college drinking choices ruined it for me for a bit)

Cliff note recipe

2 cups ishā€¦ apple cider
Half cup bourbon
3 tbsp (real) maple syrup

Itā€™s great, and letā€™s you appreciate the bourbon, just removes the harshness

2 Likes

My entry for best random website of the year so far:

Learn to identify occlupanids in the wild!

4 Likes

Ha, Yep, I think you win.

I actually carry one of those with me in my Passport for when I travelā€¦

1 Like

Looks to be a mighty fine specimen of Palpatophora Utiliformis!

Though, I do wonder why it makes the travel items list

Would you care to guess?
or should I just tell you?

a hint, the cardboard ones are not satisfactory for the purpose

images (32)

1 Like

Putting them in water to use as toy soap-powered boats?

1 Like

Close

images (33)

I travel (used to travel) alot, and especially around Asia, my frequent footwear is ā€œJandalsā€
These occlupanids provide a perfect yet temporary repair, just long enough time until I can buy another pair

5 Likes

Now that is quite brilliant! Unfortunately my choice of flip-flops donā€™t have the straps go all the way through, as this could have been very handy a number of times

1 Like

I canā€™t take credit, its just something Iā€™ve seen, and thought the same as you.
The last place I travelled overseas before Covid was Japan, and I used that ā€œhackā€ there.
Very thankful to have one with me, even though I donā€™t mind bare footing :footprints: , there are some countries you wouldnā€™t want to, and in Japan, I donā€™t think they would appreciate a shoeless ā€œgaijinā€ walking around outside, then wanting to go inside a building with dirty feet.
Simply not the done thing in a country strong on etiquette and customs.

2 Likes

Not to get political but I love a good Admordorsum aotearoa

2 Likes

General tinkering

I was going to pull the trigger on the gimdow wireless deadbolt add on thing, as Iā€™ve got some Amazon gift cards to burn

Aparently itā€™s no longer availableā€¦ except maybe on AliExpress (yikes)

I found this thing poking around, itā€™s significantly cheaper, itā€™s factory unlock method is garbageā€¦ but it would be easy to right up an Xac or something to the remote, and boom rfid deadbolt that doesnā€™t require lock change
(Apartment, not allowed / maybe allowed but a decent amount of work)

INSTALOCK Keyless Remote Entry, Installs in Seconds, No Lock to Change, Includes 2 preprogramed Key Fob remotes https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0821M1YJ9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_44PX9W28EZTDF2PTK0Q2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Nice find, and good idea.

A pity the fobs donā€™t have a single lock/unlock toggle button.

One of those latching / flip flop relays?

Now Iā€™m considering the option to just rekey to my existing key,

All apt management should give a shit about is whether or not they can open the door with their key in an emergency

Oh hell, how could I miss that?
Happy Birthday Rosco, wish you all the best, have a good start into the new year and into another year of your life as well! Hope everything is going fine-ish for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for that, I also filled it out.
I initially said no payment necessary, but then I changed my mind, and went back and changed it, (you can select ā€œbackā€ without losing your progress) so if I do get paid, I will donate that to Amal to buy ā€œSTUFFā€ for his laboratory or testing etc.
itā€™s only Ā£10, but for 10mins, thatā€™s better than a kick in the nuts

Every year, December brings the trifecta of utter human misery to me: Christmas, followed by New Yearā€™s Eve, and culminating with my birthday - the latter of which, according to my father, didnā€™t need celebrating since New Yearā€™s Eve is already on.

I fucking hate the whole show, nowadays starting roughly at Halloween, until we finally coast to the first working day of January when I can resume my normal life. Ever since Iā€™ve had any say in any of this, Iā€™ve been telling those who know me to fuck right off with their Merry Christmases, their Happy New Years and - most important of all - their Happy Birthdays.

Every year, I grab a bottle of hard liquor and drink New Yearā€™s Eve and my fucking birthday away, to wake up the next morning to a barrage of bleak well-wishing SMS and email messages from stores and forums I forgot to unsubscribe from. Those who know me of course know to avoid me like the plague during this entire period, and especially on December 31.

This year is no different. Or rather it is, for reasons known to some of you. The difference manifests itself in that the bottle of PGA on the floor apparently didnā€™t even make it to 2022 - unlike meā€¦ Ha! And like every every year Iā€™m waking up with a gigantic headache to the same sad collection of commercial electronic messages in my inbox.

But this year Iā€™m also waking up to you twoā€™s happy birthday messages. You didnā€™t know else you wouldā€™ve abstained. Yet for once Iā€™m genuinely touched. Thank you both for that, It warms my heart more than you can imagine.

2 Likes