The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

First one might automatic as a ā€œmessage successfully received, please be patientā€

And then if it isnā€™t some kind of threat or tinfoil, it gets a canned vague blanket response?

2 Likes

I guess that makes sense. Maybe an aid clicks ā€œreadā€ and it sends. Just found it odd.

I did anonymously mail a letter containing various pictures of colorful snails to the White house, though I never did get a reply so I donā€™t think that really counts

2 Likes

Iā€™ve written to my senators and my house rep a few different times, AFAIK itā€™s almost always aides that write the response. Iā€™ve gotten a few different canned responses, mainly when asking for their stance on a bill thatā€™s upcoming for a vote. I have gotten a few more personalized responses in the past though, and I believe theyā€™ll sometimes consult the person in question to double check their positions (that way thereā€™s no scandal later on if they do the opposite).

Sidenote:

The worst response Iā€™ve gotten was from senator Todd Young (Indiana), when I asked about his stance on net neutrality, and asked that he vote to protect it.

Regarding the FCC initially voting to reclassify internet as a Title II service (offering more protections) he responded that:
"I believe we must keep the internet ecosystem open and vibrant. I also believe that major decisions on how to regulate the internet ought to come from Congress, not unelected bureaucrats dreaming up how depression-era laws can regulate the internet. I believe it is imperative for Congress to work toward bipartisan, light-touch regulations that ensure the internet remains accessible and unrestricted by government intrusion for future generations. "

ā€œOpen and vibrantā€, and ā€œlight-touch regulationsā€ are some of the worst shit Iā€™ve ever heard.

1 Like

Well, I have written to several politicians (and met some) and some send relevant responses and others send boilerplate ā€œthanks, we got your message, vote for meā€ type things.

I am sure it is a result of their aides doing their best. I wonder how often the ā€œthanks,ā€¦ā€ Is a cover for ā€œwe donā€™t agree with you but we arenā€™t going to say thatā€.

1 Like

Okay so I want to turn a unused flex implant into an art piece but have no idea what to do, creative people help plz.
Its a wedge flex, my first purewrist conversion that disappeared for awhile (The Purewrist Saga ) in case youā€™re interested to hear about that :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Screenshot_20220105-213835_Chrome

Ice Bear approves of your Avatar change

3 Likes

Interactive or static?

Do you remember @Coma s?

Framed with an X-Ray
:x_ray_hand:

It was her FlexNExT, with Blinkies

Definitely static. Just something I can put on the wall or a shelf/desk/etc.
Thought about encasing it in resin

2 Likes

If you answered static, that is what I would have suggested also.

You just need to decide on the shape.

Silicone moulds are a quick and simple option

Also, Iā€™m not sure if you are aware, some casting resins put out different temperatures, so you probably want to take that into consideration and testing before commiting to your implant.
You want to find some low exothermic casting resin.

Sorry if thatā€™s sucking eggs :egg: :egg:
Better safe than sorry
I would hate for you to have a shriveled up one

1 Like

What about a cast of your hand / wrist / forearm done in clear resin, with the implant suspended in an appropriate location.

Kinda like a visible man thing. But just a clear arm with implant.

Edit*
Stick a couple of glassies in there too.

7 Likes

This is it, this is the idea

2 Likes

Niceā€¦
Or make a ballistic gel one so you can feel the squish with ā€œbonesā€ inside

Or you could buy oneā€¦Left or Right and Clear or Flesh colouredā€¦Clear obviously for display purposes.

And you could carry out your own install of your own implant into it

Link

Ballistic Gel Arm ā€“ Ballistic Dummy Lab

2 Likes

This YTer for all remotely interested in security

2 Likes

If you cast it, youā€™ll probably need to shave one hand/ forearm. Thatā€™ll get you some odd looks.

Thereā€™s a bunch of kits out there for taking a cast of your dick. Maybe you can upcycle the method / materials?

If you mount it on a base so that the hand is standing upright, you could illuminate it with RGB leds.

1 Like

@Pilgrimsmaster already mentioned it, so this is what I made of my little flexie once it had to leave my body:

flexie

Itā€™s pretty simple, just a reader stuck behind a wooden frame, but it lights up the blinkies :wink:
And I just like the x-ray behind it.

But the idea with the transparent arm / hand is really insane, especially if you can light it up somehow! Curious to see that! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Haha, I was distracted, I thought you were talking about your x-ray frameā€¦ See belowā€¦I could have just deleted it, but mehā€¦you still might want to

** ā€” **
if it was me:-

Cut thick-ish ( The width of LED strip) white perspex slightly larger than the glass but smaller in the frame, run and stick face down the LED light strip around the perimeter ideally using the same power supply as your xAC, which should then give you a diffused light illuminating the background and therefore your x-ray, if you use RGB LED light strip you may be able to get a blue-y -greenish glow to replicate an old school X-RAY.

By the way,
Your xray doesnā€™t neet yo be lit up, it looks awesome as is
It should only be a few euro all up.

I doubt you will, but obviously, if you need any help or further explanation, just ask

Thanks for the idea! :wink:
But to be honest, it might distract too much from the blinkies, so I think Iā€™ll just leave it as it is now - the main ā€œattractionā€ should be the flexie here^^

1 Like

ā€œgoogle drive user was overseas, broke / lost their phone, and needed emergency workaround for 2FAā€ā€¦ get an implant manā€¦ jeeze.

4 Likes

This project looks useful:

I also found some chinese modules that are similar; you can find them if you search for ā€œSboardā€. I think that those are made by Secukey but are available under several brands. However, I prefer the open source version.

What I like about these small boards is the size and that you can use of the shelf waterproof readers.

1 Like