The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

every now and then youtube shows me this:

while weā€™re at the topic, I lost count of how often I woke up to this: https://youtu.be/YKAblynZYhI

2 Likes

Random question for the random threadā€¦

Are non metallic injection needles possible?

Iā€™d imagine you could make some acrylic tubing wicked sharp, and it would probably be fairly strong,
And itā€™s not like it needs to have much edge retention

Itā€™s a solution to a fairly non existent problem, but it would be nice to be able to interact with a chip in the injector assembly

Additionally question for the masses,

Is the xLED the exact same guts as the field detector? or is it better in anyway?

I just find my field detectors to be on the weak side, and it discourages me from the xLED

1 Like

Possible? yes.
Desirable (from our skinā€™s point of view)? Not so muchā€¦ =P

I do get your point and it does make sense.

Yet, thinking only from the bodymod perspectiveā€¦
It would bring many issues into play, such as edge retention (it could lose edge mid-use), fragmentation (& micro-) and sterillization.

Each might be handled by a different technology, though.

Good ask.

1 Like

So, theoretically possibleā€¦ but way more hassle than itā€™s worth

Better than not possible I suppose

I would say one step worse than

As inā€¦
It would definitely have issues making it unfit for purpose.

But those issues are theoretically solvable. (mostly because I would not say you canā€™t solve a problem, especially since Iā€™m no material expert). =P

Iā€™d imaging someone somewhere has made ceramic needles

If weā€™re giving it unnecessary levels of thought (my speciality)

I guess you could keep the tip of the needle metal still, and make the tube something non metallicā€¦ could make the concept a bit easier, just set the implant far enough back in the tube to not be shielded by the metal end

:man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I did too. I was just thinking how thick the needle would be so it wouldnā€™t bend.

I also googled it cause I was curious.

1 Like

The xLED is a 3mm implant but the gals vial in the xFD is significantly thinner. However, I donā€™t know of how significant the differences are when it comes to the internals.

Also, this made me think about the terrible idea of making needles out of glass.

medical009_01

4 Likes

Thicc

Hey @amal, while youā€™re around

xLED vs field detector, is the xLED have more power or antenna?

Also any chance of more colors anytime in the near future?

Same product internals but shit glass and resin in the keychain xFDā€¦ oh and no Q/A aside from does it light up.

Gotcha, kinda what I thought

Noob questionā€¦ why does versions go from v4.9xx to v4.1? Is it cause v4.9 is not icemanā€™s version?

There are branches of firmware. Each branch has its own version number scheme. Icemanā€™s branch is different from the ā€œdefaultā€ branch that comes with most hardware. The only hardware that comes with Iceman, as far as I know, is the proxmark3 rdv4 and the proxmark3 Easy that we sell.

Ok. Thatā€™s what I figured. I watched one of your videos (the one going over Proxmark commands) after seeing @Pilgrimsmaster 's comment about new version 4.14831

I was confused at first cause in your video you had version 4.9xxx, thought you were just super special at firstā€¦ getting them super early releasesā€¦

60xjkc

2 Likes

When are we not?? :wink:

Ditto!! :grin:

That would be a great Idea! especially thinking glass+metal.

The main issues I can see areā€¦

1. how to connect the metal to the non-metal bit in a decent fashion

2. I bet it would cost about 3x more than for Amal to just send you a replacement regular chip in case yours fails. XD

3. you can just pull the chip out of the regular needle, then back inā€¦ :sweat_smile:

Thatā€™s almost what my installer and I did, he doesnā€™t like the DT injectors, so he uses his own needle, which means the implant comes out and is exposed for a minute. Phone wrapped in sterile saran wrap or whatever he used, and boom tested implant

2 Likes

Hey now, weā€™re overthinking ā€œperfectā€ overly complicated solutions to barely existing problems
Quit it you

2 Likes