The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Try this (windows 10 tested) if you want to of course.

Instructions (TLDR)

When you run it it will start in systray.

• Right click and select config.
  • Set which reader to use and set file location.
  • Click done.
  • Right click the icon again and select start logging.

A file called ā€œPCSC-Log_xxxxxxxx.csvā€ will be created where you told it to save (note xxxxxxx is a time date stamp of start of test).

Every scan will add a line in the format (25-Jan-22 23:07:07,04:8E:78:61:8C:3A:80)

Once a scan fails the test stops with a pop up and logs the failure to the file to.

Test can be stopped manually when running by

• Right click and select stop logging

Edit: if your dubious about running something thats compiled the project is on my github here.

PCSC-Logger.zip (115.8 KB)

3 Likes

This encouraged me to get my ACR122U working on my own system. Iā€™ve found that the PCSCD service will interrupt communication between python and the reader. I had to run systemctl mask pcscd.service to keep it from randomly starting up and borking my script.

on a side note the guide I found said to install pcsc-lite from source which subsequently prevented firefox from running correctly. It is really only useful for testing to see if the reader works.

1 Like

As usual! ^^

Yeah, had to do the same here, but then it borks up my other readers (i.e. I need to manually start them, and that does bork up the ACR122U).

Iā€™ve just given up on that reader for Linux. or most things with enforced PCSCD stuff. =/

That error seems similar to one I used to encounter even on older revisions.
repeatedly calling the ACR to do stuff over short intervals seemed to always lead it to time out after a while (and not recover even restarting the script).

I tried many things but the best results I had were from AURā€™s version of nfcpy wich goes down the pyserial route instead.
But even then ACR122U was still flaky, so I switched to a Teensyduino connected to an Adafruitā€™s PN532 and got much happier.

1 Like

Is there a way of telling how many consecutive days Iā€™ve visited the forum? I thought ā€œDays Visitedā€ was a consecutive counter but I havenā€™t received the ā€œDevoteeā€ badge yet. Does this mean ā€œDays Visitedā€ is a grand total?

Unfortunately not.

You assumption is correct.
Must be consecutive, and the counter is a little hinkyā€¦itā€™s had us all scratching out heads on occasion.

If you want the badge, I would suggest you visit a couple of times a dayā€¦

3 Likes
2 Likes

Or convince Amal to upload you and live on the forum, just like @Pilgrimsmaster didā€¦ But please, if you succeed, get me uploaded as well. :gear:

4 Likes

I work with a bunch of nuts who lap up all that fringe conspiracy crap. Today one of them blurted out that the mayor of DC had committed suicide. (zero idea if thatā€™s accurate).

One of the other guys shouts from across the room, ā€œWas he a Democrat or Republican?ā€ with, I shit you not, glee in his voice.

That, my friends, is a single sentence encompassing so much of what is wrong in America today. No sorrow, no acknowledgement of the staggering pain this person must of had, or effects it will have on anyone who loved him, just an immediate jab right to the heart of whether it can be used for political advantage.

Fucking people.

6 Likes

The Mayor of Hyattsville, a Maryland suburb outside of DC committed suicide. He was a Democrat, but as you said it would be equally sad no matter what his political affiliation.

Yes, American politics seems to have become a team sport. Push for ā€œyour teamā€ no matter what. Make sure that they ā€œwinā€, whatever it takes.

1 Like

Iā€™m seriously considering not voting in the next election

Maybe primaries, but I fully expect both candidates to be dumpster fires and the worst each side has to offer

Why would I want to pick one of those?

ā€œIf you donā€™t vote for X your helping Yā€ fuck that noise

2 Likes

In my case I donā€™t have much choice for what party to vote for. All the politicians in my area are garbage and its like trying to pick through manure to find one that smells the least bad. I still vote simply because I want to try and help make this garbage state a little less garbage. It sure feels like a loosing battle though.

1 Like

A quote I heard a long time ago that seems fitting

Politics is like having 2 handfuls of shit, and having to decide which to put in your mouth

5 Likes

More than thatā€¦

As soon as weā€™re being presented with only terrible options it should be our duty to voice out that we are not happy with either.

In electoral politics, voting Null is the only way to actually voice out quantitatively that youā€™re not happy about either side.

Just imagine the revolutions that could be set in motion if 50%+1 of votes were null?

Iā€™dā€¦kind ofā€¦. Love to see a ā€œthey all
Suckā€ option on the ballotā€¦ and if enough votes anyone on the ballot is removed from running and the election is held again

ā€¦but I also donā€™t want to deal with any more elections that I have to

Thereā€™s always 3rd party, not that it has a realistic chanceā€¦ also the last couple looked half decent until it got to the wire then they both shit themselvesā€¦ sigh

Wait, some countries donā€™t have that option!?

Well, if youā€™re not going to vote out of disgust, voting for a candidate who doesnā€™t have a chance would cause no harm.

1 Like

Apparently Alaska is going to a ranked final four format. With no primaries as I understand it.

In theory it breaks the cycle of being presented only the most polar extreme choices. Itā€™ll be interesting to see in the next cycle.

Thank you!

there is a lot of stuff going on in my life so i dont really have a free head to setup my proxmark but if im ready for it i will get back to your guide :slight_smile:

yesterday i started getting experience with uv tattoo ink and did some trash tattoos.

i cant wait to see how they turn out when healed

also discord deleted my account which still pisses me offā€¦

4 Likes

In some countries, that is the null option, actually.

one of the most common processes:

• blank votes go towards the candidate with majority of actual votes
  • Null votes go to no one
  • If no candidate reaches X% of votes, the ellection is cancelled and a new one must be held where none of the previous candidates are allowed to participate.

Some countries have modified this principle, others removed it completelyā€¦ but most democracies have/had a mechanism just like that one. And itā€™s built around the null vote.

Hence why candidates demonise the null vote so much and spread so much misinformation about it: they are terrified the masses might learn how it actually works.

1 Like

Final BVP update:

I finally got around to buying it itā€™s own domain, so thereā€™s a new link for those still following along:

https://bearsvspenguins.com

4 Likes

I voted for bears.

1 Like