The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

I would love to know what nasa/roscosmos official/unofficial plans are for cooperation breakdown or hostilities regard the ISS

Itā€™s a multi billion dollar thing, nobody would ā€œhope for the bestā€ and not have SOME kind of plan in place

Even if itā€™s just, evacuate and scuttle

I know the Russians have a gun in the Soyuz, for landing survival purposesā€¦ but thatā€™s supposedly not accessible from the interior, and I feel like an impromptu space walk to go get something from the trunk might raise a few eyebrows

I donā€™t want hostilities, but at that levelā€¦ they make plans on plans on plansā€¦.

Itā€™s gotta have come up, and probably deserves more than a ā€œhope they stay on their sideā€

Iā€™m pretty sure the scientists on the ISS are more focused on doing the science and maintenance that they are there for rather than taking sides in a war the people didnā€™t want. At least that is what I am hoping for. And yeah from a Scott Manley video a few months ago theyā€™ve had plans for how to deorbit the ISS for several years.

Even when itā€™s no longer serviceable for human occupation, thereā€™s still a whole lot of gear there, that would be god awfully expensive to bring up out of the gravity well. I donā€™t know if the economics could be made to work, but wouldnā€™t it be cool to strip it out of most everything (reducing mass) and then strap a couple of really powerful receiver / transmitters on it, then push it out to a parking orbit? Those solar panels are huge, and without needing to power everything thatā€™s currently there, you could use it as a seriously powerful wifi range extender.

Lunar orbit, perhaps?
Weā€™re going back sooner rather than later.

I read up up lunar, if I remember right, biggest problem is in order to get to the moon, you have to do it ā€œfastā€ enoughā€¦ what with planetary bodies in motion and all

And the ISS likely couldnā€™t handle a fraction to the acceleration forces needed

You should be able to ā€œgo slowā€ at it, even a tiny thrust over a significantly long time will get you up to ridiculous speed. You just gotta know where the moonā€™s gonna be when you get to the same spot. After that you just fall into the gravity well, and with a little luck and a whole lotta math, ā€œmissā€. After that itā€™s just falling in a circle.

The real challenge is mass. The more mass you have, the much much much more fuel you gotta have. Even on an extreme diet, the ISS is a bit of a porker for a long range journey.

Still, seems such a shame to just junk all that power generation capability.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Multiple NDEF Records (ANDROID)

Told my artist, said he didnā€™t care if I didnā€™t care. Tattooed right over a chip.

4 Likes

Lol thatā€™s one way

But now we need to pull the chip for science :rofl:

Good to see you back btw

I sent you a pm I never got a response btw

Iā€™m working on them. Part of my life I need to work on.

1 Like

Anyone who is using an Arduino Uno for something and wishes it had wifiā€¦

Behold, the Jolly upgrade. There is a link to the Kickstarter in the article.

An interesting approach to upgrading the original board.

2 Likes

Mega antenna could be redesigned for this for various capacitance chips.

3 Likes

noice-brooklyn-ninenine

@Satur9 get on it!

12 Likes

@amal
grafik
I have some issues with the DT Club CC Paying system.

Do you know that error and maybe know a Solution to it?

1 Like

New Electroboom video! In the video he talks about how a ferrite core can affect the resonance of an LC oscillator, which I believe to be analogous to xSeries implants.

iā€™m thinking the damn thing is likeā€¦ somehow busted at this point. :confused: i will look into possible fixes soonā€¦ it uses a plugin for this and works with stripeā€¦ the stripe side seems to be working fine but the plugin has hadā€¦ issues.

@amal
As much as the vivokey stuff is a bummer, and Iā€™m sure I donā€™t know a fraction of the details

Itā€™s really nice to see you active on the forum again, I think we all missed you.

Just wanted to verbalize

8 Likes

Am I the only one who has dreams involving implants? No, not that type of dream, Iā€™m talking about the dreams you have while sleeping.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s normal. Just basic dream advertising. If you find it annoying you can pay for DT Club to get the ad-free experience :wink:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve had a few nightmares of losing or breaking implants, particularly them breaking thru my skin somehow like a compound bone break

But given that implant stuff occupies a non zero amount of thought / brain spaceā€¦ itā€™s understandable that it would eventually find its way into a nightmare made from bits and pieces of thought

2 Likes