The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Tbf, they put ā€œ#markofthebeastā€ in the video. It was clearly designed to get a rise out of those people lol

1 Like

Should I change the DBA for Dangerous Things LLC to The Beast LLC?

6 Likes

No, you should change it to ā€œThe Beast, Number 666 LLCā€

You want to make it clear to them who they are(nā€™t) dealing with.

Can I suggest the tagline ā€œMarks are our specialityā€?

3 Likes

I like the concept, but we need to bring the A game

I think it needs just a bit of subtlety

ā€œMarking serviceā€

ā€œMarks for lifeā€ etc

3 Likes

I got itā€¦ ā€œ3 square MARKetā€

4 Likes

Anyone else having trouble loading this page? Iā€™m on mobile using the Vivaldi browser and it freezes the app entirely whenever this specific page loads.

1 Like

Yes actuallyā€¦VERY weird.

I noticed it yesterday, I assumed it was my device, or the serverā€¦

ODD

Crashed Chrome and DDG

I managed to get in with samsung browser, and made it plain text, It should work now, Let me know if it doesnā€™t

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s fine nowā€¦ thatā€™s strange. Wonder what it was that caused it

3 Likes

Just out of sheer curiosity who here knows what bologna is? And for those of you that do, do you enjoy it? How is it viewed in your part of the world?

3 Likes

Iā€™m from two states above you, so not sure how much my input matters, but oh well lmao. I enjoy it in the right context. I really like fried bologna, especially in sandwiches. On its own, it can be fine, but never excellent. As a little kid, bologna/baloney lunchables were my life.

1 Like

Iā€™m from all over the US, but my dad would make sandwiches with bologna when I was little. Love it! Every time Iā€™d hang out with my friends in high school and smokeā€¦nvmā€¦when we got the munchies, Iā€™d throw a slice of cheese on bologna, roll it up, and pass it around XD
Got fancy with it some times adding pepperoni or mayo, hot sauce, other stuff. Bologna roll ups are awesome though!

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s what Iā€™m looking for :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: because here in the Southern U.S. itā€™s a pretty commonly eaten food but Iā€™ve heard other people from just a couple states away exclaim ā€œnobody really eats bolognaā€ so Iā€™m just curious of how popular it is elsewhere

1 Like

I love it. Never had it friedā€¦but want to try it. Usually have the classic Bologna and Cheese sandwich with mayo. Yup sticks to your mouth, but itā€™s good.

Other parts of the world donā€™t have it! My cousin in Greece works at a deli counter. I asked her for Bologna when I went over there and she started laughing at me.
(Bologna mean balloon :balloon: in Greek).

2 Likes

Considered a ā€œcheap meatā€
In NZ its called Baloney (colloquially as Polony), Luncheon meat/sausage and I have even heard it called Belgium.

I havenā€™t had it for many years, but last time, it was fried, with a hole cut in the middle (with a cookie cutter) and had an egg in that hole that was fried at the same time.

They have it in Aussie alsoā€¦with some more names depending on the state

3 Likes

Thatā€™s how we pronounce it, but for some reason spelled bologna

Never heard that one before :open_mouth: ā€¦ Not what Belgium is the most famous for (Belgian speaking here) :slight_smile:

1 Like

ā€œBologna sausage, also spelled baloney, is a sausage derived from mortadella, a similar-looking, finely ground pork sausage containing cubes of pork fat, originally from the Italian city of Bolognaā€

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bologna_sausage

69u91d

5 Likes

I thought maybe an NZ thing, not sure why it would be called that, but looked it up

Looks like an Australian thing

Doing some cleaning up and found this!

Believe it or not, I used to be a pretty ok software developer. Before Twitter, there was txtGroups! It was an SMS based group messaging service I made from scratch that used shortcodes for group messaging before Twillio was even a twinkle in Jeffā€™s eye. It featured an all SMS interface you used to subscribe to ā€œgroupsā€ where one or more people could push content in broadcast format. It had a custom extensible macro framework backend. I was connected to each individual carrier directly over custom coded SMPP links. I programmed a few text based adventure games in the little framework I made and I had a few commercial customers using it for information publication over premium SMS where the receiver would pay $0.25 per message to receive premium content.

Of course, Twitter came along with a $500M series A investment round and absolutely murdered me. Even before they got funding, I remember sitting in the meeting room with a company called Waterfall Media as they talked about it. I realized right away that I was fuckedā€¦ butā€¦ I also jumped on early access, which is how I was able to grab twitter.com/amal so easily. I honestly think I could probably sell that twitter handle for more than I could DT at this point.

7 Likes