The antiđŸš«-derailment🚃 & threadđŸ§” hijackingđŸ”« threadđŸ§” ⁉

That sucks, definitely sorry to hear that. They always say tho when one door closes another one opens. Hopefully that will be quick for you and work out even better. :wink:

1 Like

I’ve seen this before too. You might want to put on your calendar a little check-in reminder
 if you’re interested anyway. Check back with your employer in maybe 3 months, and maybe 6 months
 maybe a year. Of course you’ll come back for double your salary :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Given that 4 people I used to work with have already either sent me relevant openings at their current companies, or are talking to recruiters they know
 I am feeling a lot happier than this morning.

One of the jobs would even have me in the Seattle area one day a week (it’s a hybrid, work from the office one day position). Which might be handy if I want an implant (pun not intended, but I will pretend it was).

14 Likes

Be honest, you do
 Even if you wear a ring that does the exact same thing as a NExT.
:next: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

grafik

I got this mail two days ago

Should i respond?

3 Likes
6 Likes

There’s a great bod mod guy there who does my stuff, just doesn’t want to be on the map
 in case you want anything
 mega.

9 Likes

I am pretty sure you have already given me his name (thank you). The big disadvantage of working for those people would be the 266 mile (4.5 hour) commute each direction one day a week.

I have done a similar trip two days running before for a two day meeting. But trust me when I say that it is not ideal.

(Sure I could fly (3 hours) or get the bus (4 hours) or go by train (5 hours), but all of those involve me driving for one to two hours first)

1 Like

True. Every once in a while I have to drive somewhere and I quickly realize I’d rather take a lower paying remote work job than a higher paying job I had to commute for.

3 Likes

I drove an hour into the city for 5 years and I realize now I’m definitely willing to trade for significantly lower pay to avoid that stress and the costs. Once these current commercial real estate leases start ending maybe more companies will get their heads out of their aasses and realize how much money they can save and how much better retention they’ll experience if they just go remote

4 Likes

Given how tight some labor markets are, I’m kinda suprised companies haven’t started using remote work to poach some of the competition’s best help.

1 Like

Engineering firms are doing that right now.

Also I think it’s important to draw a distinction between “tight labor market” and “greedy employers”. It’s not that nobody wants to work, it’s that they can’t afford to do so under these conditions. Pay people what they’re worth.

2 Likes

And it is possible, working for the same company and I’ve just negotiated a 25.5% pay rise and a more suiting job title taking me from “technician” to “engineer”

5 Likes

The last company that I was at I had been working remote since 2010.
After they laid me off last august I went into a contract term with a school that was remote until the president said “we are not a remote company”

There is never a reason for a reporting and application developer to be in an office.

1 Like

Originally in 2001 I was based in the same building as the data centre, and that made sense for racking servers and the odd occasion when I had to press a button or stick physical media in. I could work remotely when I was on-call (at night or the weekend) but was expected to be in the office during the day.

Around 2010 (ish) all the servers moved into a dedicated data centre space about 150 miles away and we moved into office buildings. For some reason they still wanted us in the office. Shortly afterwards they said we could work from home 2 days a week (but they couldn’t be consecutive and only one could be Monday or Friday)

By 2016 we were allowed to work remotely 5 days a week unless there was a special reason we needed to be in the office. Given that that reason was usually all day meetings they meant I was in other people’s office buildings more often than my own.

One company I have seen basically says “100% remote. We trust you to get your work done, when and where it suits you.” I like that philosophy. As long as you get your work done and don’t miss too many deadlines who cares if you work from a gym in the middle of the night, a coffee shop on Tuesday mornings or the Library every after noon.

1 Like

Exactly. I cracked my phone once and had to get out repaired. I ended up going to the McDonald’s across the street for two hours and using thier Wi-Fi (plus a VPN) to get my work done while it was being repaired lol.

3 Likes

Anyone here at NULLCON?

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Representation of Implants in Media

Don’t think it warrants its own post so I’ll pop it here.

@amal I’m planning a project and was planning on using the spark2 as a means to authenticate the user the issue is that I’m concerned about the reliability of the api’s is there an official uptime or any thing?

1 Like

For now APIv2 and the old platform are not slated for taking down any time soon. we are developing our new approach in parallel. Sparks will be able to be registered with the new platform independently of the current one.

Eventually API v2 functionality will likely be migrated to a the new backend stack.

However, reliability and lack of official uptime target for the current platform and API v2 are the very reason we are building out an entirely new platform / stack.

2 Likes