The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

donā€™t you hate it when you have a BRILLIANT ideaā€¦

only to discover, someone else had the ideaā€¦ like a hundred years agoā€¦ and its been common place for yearsā€¦ you just never realized it

boo

I was brain storming with my safe project, and I came up with the idea of a free spinning piece of metal, so that if you tried to drill the core out, the drill bit would grab the free spinning metal, and spin it rather than cut through itā€¦

Iā€™ve literally stared at the stupid little spinning disks on a lot of shit locksā€¦ but never cared enough to look into it, I was all excited I came up with something new and creativeā€¦

only a hundred years late, :sweat_smile:

I might be a derpā€¦ but at least Iā€™m honest and funny

8 Likes

@amal

Have you considered making some smaller 1ā€ or so sized stickers?

2 Likes

Itā€™s all in ā€¦ and I added a tattoo for good measures! :sweat_smile:

I have all the pics from the Walletmor implantation with the gory details (NSFW, blood) if someone wants to see them.

7 Likes

:pbjtime:

Very clean :+1:

duh-sarcasm

My opinion,
anybody visiting this forum should not be surprised by post with blood, needles, stitches etc. :drop_of_blood:

3 Likes

Yeah, agreed. But there is I think a middle-ground, using this:

[spoiler]
![image|300x150](upload://xgK2FLLLxi3eYJ9vsZluVfUrYfQ.jpeg)
[/spoiler]

Iā€™m sure you know it but I think itā€™s worth mentioning :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Pics posted here !

3 Likes

Mehā€¦but here it is if anybody wants to use it

3 Likes

Big Clive posted a video where he reverse engineers NFC nails:

I wore 3 of those under my skin for 15 months. Fond memories :slight_smile: Itā€™s interesting to see what theyā€™re actually made of.

Big Clive has this Youtube channel where he takes electronic stuff apart and criticizes the design. If youā€™re into electronics, youā€™ll enjoy his videos.

6 Likes

Hey Rosco, youā€™re my goto for long range reader shenanigans

Iā€™m thinking of running a contest at CircleCityCon, an open challenge to steal the uid Iā€™m going to use to open the pistol safe I just built as a example

Whatā€™s the range actually like with the long range reader and a x series? I know the ISO cards can get like 2-3 feetā€¦ but glassies tend to be picky and petulant

Good idea? Bad idea? Terrible but failure is fun?

I figure best case, itā€™s incredibly hard to sniff the uid, which can be seen as a benefit

Worst case itā€™s not hard, and then thereā€™s clarity about realistic vulnerability

2 Likes

My most powerful HF readers are the DL533-XL (ISO14443 - about 1W) and the FEIG MR102 with the 240mm x 340mm pad antenna (ISO15693 - about 1.2W). Both have a range of about 4 cm with glassies.

But most importantly, you only get that range when the glassie is orthogonal to the antennaā€™s coil wire. It wonā€™t work if the glassie is positioned alongside the wire, it wonā€™t work if itā€™s in the middle of the antennaā€¦ Itā€™s quite specific, and much MUCH less forgiving than LF.

The FEIG reader for instance is something I got to make a quality control machine for production: the glassies to test actually come in a chute and stop at precise locations along the perimeter of the pad antenna. You canā€™t just throw a bucket of them on the antenna any which way and hope to get good reads, despite its power. Itā€™s that finicky.

Iā€™m not sure how you intend to run your contest thing, but bear that in mind because it might end up not being a terribly practical thing to use in the field.

1 Like

Mostly Im sick of hearing people go on about how easy it would be to steal a uid from an implant
Because they can do so easily ish with an iso card and think they would get the same range

So this is aā€¦ ā€œwell letā€™s see you do it thenā€

I think the rough idea isā€¦ you have 3 days at the conference to get it from meā€¦ without being super obvious

I am looking to use LF ( system uses that, and I can rewrite it if I loose the challenge)

Specifically em mode on either a next or xem

2 Likes

It is easy with LF: typical parking garage readers have ridiculous power and range, and most importantly, the LF tags offer exactly zero protection and are completely trivial to clone to a T55xx. My LF readers get a clear foot of range with the flexEM, and a good few inches with the xEM:

But thatā€™s LF. HF is much more bitchy to use. Even flex HF implants are completely impractlcal to read and clone for nefarious purposes. They only pose a risk if youā€™re passed out or asleep and your attacker is reasonably technically savvy, which isnā€™t terribly likely since youā€™re most likely to be passed out in a bar and asleep at home.

Ah sorry I was under the impression your system used HF.

Then yes, LF is a very real sniffing risk. Someone with the know-how will defeat your system in no time at all.

2 Likes

I think thatā€™s the thingā€¦

I feel like only a couple inches and the orientation is going to be inconsistent and erraticā€¦ is the actual challenge

Thatā€™s part of why I think I wanna do LF, its only about wether the coupling range makes it difficult enough to sniff or not

Also, for what itā€™s worthā€¦ there would also be 4 other lf tags in the same regionā€¦ not sure if that reader has any kind of anti collision?

Coupling is NOT difficult with LF: itā€™s very forgiving and very consistent.

Your chances at not getting your implant cloned (assuming someone with a portable parking garage reader is trying to do that to open your safe) are:

• Watch out for weird people following you around wearing a satchel and invading your personal space all the time
  • Use a less common LF protocol, like Indala, that high-power Chinese readers canā€™t read
  • And yes, tape LF tags around your hand to create collisions :slight_smile:
3 Likes

I have 4 lf tags in the same hand lol surely thatā€™s something

That would foil a high-power reader for sure.

Hell, the high-power reader in my office chair that reads the flexEM in my back even prevents a Halo reader from reading the xBT in my chest.

But I should say this: if all your LF tags are EM, thereā€™s a chance a high-power reader will get the ID of one of them. Which one is a toss-up, but collisions arenā€™t always a guarantee that stuff is totally unreadable.

Oh Iā€™m not trusting that range and collisions make it unreadableā€¦ I just think itā€™s significantly harder than non DT people make it out to be

So I want to see them try

Alternatively, you could get yourself one of them Chinese parking garage readers to try it yourself. Theyā€™re dirt cheap, and when youā€™re done testing, you can use it for another fun project. Iā€™ve had tons of fun putting together implant-related projects with those things. You would too.

What does the reader do, if I may ask? Seems pretty cool.

Plus a reader under a floor mat :scream:. Thatā€™s smart

Do yourself a favour. check out Roscos threads, he has made some cool shit

3 Likes