The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

43uW/cmĀ² is impressive. Unfortunately their assertion that it could replace batteries is a bit farfetched. Most implants you wonā€™t get more than 15cmĀ² of surface area, and most of that wonā€™t be in contact with blood. It could provide a supplemental trickle charge, but youā€™d still need a battery and eventually to use wireless charging to top it up

1 Like

So my boss tried to hard boil an egg in the microwave today.

Yup, they still blow up. :boom: Nice to see physics staying true and constant like that.

7 Likes

If I probe my meat on the smoker is it technically a cyborg?

2 Likes

No itā€™s just cyborg fuel

4 Likes

Now I want to get the Disruptive temp implant and use it on steaks. Set up an antenna on the grill and have your phone beep when the temp is right for a perfect steak lol

3 Likes

@Eriequiet

I found your next project

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen that,
They look cool but lack any real structure to them

Hidden in plain sight.

Actually, 0odo you have any actual firearm storage laws? minimum standards etc.

Or is it just personal responsibility?
Does it vary from state to state or is it federal?

Definitely varies state to state,
Usually there arenā€™t ā€œstandardsā€

Varies if you have children,
Children having or being able to ā€œgain accessā€ = bad
But itā€™s rarely spelled out in any meaningful way

Typically its good faith effort

If someone locks it up, and someone breachā€™s that securityā€¦ itā€™a usually on the breacher

It usually comes done to was the security garbage but they ā€œtriedā€, or did they make not just poor but negligent decisions

For instance, if you have no kidsā€¦ and you simply leave it on your coffee tableā€¦ and you lock your doors
Itā€™s ā€œsecureā€ā€¦ Iā€™m ā€œsort ofā€ ok with this

However, if itā€™s hanging on the wall and visible from the street through living room window or something thatā€™s a bit more negligent right?

I donā€™t think I support the notion that ā€œEVERYONE MUST do ____ā€

But I support the idea ofā€¦ ā€œif you have kids you must ____ or _____ or ______ or _____ā€

Whatā€™s important to me is giving lots of options of complianceā€¦ because not every person or situation is the sameā€¦ and one size standards smack of just ā€œcontrolā€
my state for instance allows the transport of rifles as long as they are

1. Unloaded
    And one of the following, in a case, in a trunk, locked, broken down, etc

Thereā€™s debate to be had thereā€¦ and I definitely support that type of debate, while trying to balance personal liberty and private property rights

Californiaā€™s ā€œlock picking resistanceā€ standard was something like ā€œnot allowed to use lock picksā€ not shitting youā€¦ thatā€™s garbage and not just a waste of time but actively false sense of security

Very often like a lot of other firearm laws, itā€™s rarely prosecutedā€¦ which adds to the problem

I advocate and put in the personal effort, because I see myself as a ā€œresponsibly armed citizenā€ not just a ā€œgun ownerā€ ā€¦ means very different things in the circles I run in

In general with firearms for me and what I always taughtā€¦
ā€œHidden ā‰  secureā€

You were a kid likely at some point before your consciousness uploadā€¦.
You know you got into all your parents hiding spots when they werenā€™t around

2 Likes

Thanks for that, pretty much what I picked up anecdotally, of course, I could have looked it up, but itā€™s much better hearing it first hand from somebody I trust :+1:

There was a recent shooting where itā€™s pretty clear the parents made super negligent choices about storage of a pistol with a kid that was having some serious struggles

I donā€™t see a way the parents wonā€™t be crucified for it
Rightfully so unfortunately

I donā€™t like the idea of making someone pay for someone elseā€™s actionsā€¦ but if it rises to negligence not just poor choicesā€¦ Iā€™m for it in this situation

What sucks though is, they will only likely prosecute those parents because it became viral

The other 9 of 10 they wonā€™t do anything, because itā€™s likely harder to prosecute because a jury would feel sympathy

I canā€™t STAND that our legal system only does what is good for prosecutorsā€¦and they are free to not pursue charges they feel are a hard caseā€¦ which might hurt their record or they can crucify someone more than another to satisfy public opinion

Friend of mine, had his gun store broken into and robbed, took like 80 guns, 1 was used in a murder in another state

Atf/fbi knew who they were, let them do it and hit another 2 stores before going after them

1-2 adults 3 minors

The sentence?
Minors got nothing, not even probation
The adults took some kind of deal and got probation, not even a week in jail

But if one of my barrels is .1ā€ too short
Or the atf decides the rules actually mean something else that day
Or I borrow a friends legally purchased silencer, when I legally own a silencer also
10 years

/rant

I wish I had a picture, but a buddy once took a 4 drawer filing cabinet, attached all the drawer faces together, but got rid of the sides back and bottom of the top 3 drawers.

Basically you had one drawer in the bottom that opened with all the drawer faces attached. Closed it looked like a plain filing cabinet. Open you could see a rifle rack built inside.

And the key lock still worked.

Iā€™ve seen that done a few times

Iā€™d still prefer actual security that trying to disguise somethingā€¦

If the housing markets chills out and we finally get a houseā€¦ I do plan to try to disguise the door to where most of my stuff will be

Alsoā€¦
Buy a cheap safe. Fill it with a few cheap metal plates (for the sound) leave it somewhere findable so theyā€™ll spend all their time on that instead.

1 Like

Well, @$*% me. I am currently riding (as a passenger) in an ambulance from the town I live in to the nearest trauma centre (70 miles as the ambulance drives).

My wife and I were headed out earlier in the day when an uninsured driver pulled out across our path while we were doing 50mph. (Speed limit was 45 but went up to 55 not far ahead).

Air bags deployed. The other driver had to be cut out of their vehicle. I have a graze on my shin. My wife has multiple broken bones.

I suspect the jeep might be totalled.

This has been a not so good year. Can I have a mulligan for this decade please?

8 Likes

Well, broken bones heal, you now get a story out of it, but I know your Wife really loves her Jeeps, so I hope it is not a write-off.

It could have been worse, Iā€™m glad you are OK
I hope the healing goes well. Take care buddy

:unicorn_good_luck:

Granted
:genie:

1 Like

Man, you just havenā€™t had a break.

Really sorry, wishing the best for you and your wife. Glad it wasnā€™t worse, but really really sucks that it happened at all. Accidents at those speeds are no joke for sure.

Hopefully the rest of the year is better for you.

2 Likes

Thankfully vehicles are a lot safer than they used to be. Iā€™m glad to hear you both are still alive.

As someone who has been in an accident or two I recommend taking some Advil or Tylenol tomorrow and get a pair of those hot/cold gel packs from the pharmacy. That is unless a doc looks you over and decides to give you something stronger.

2 Likes

I really got off lightly. I have a grazed shin.

My wife fractured her left collar bone a couple of weeks ago. Now she has fractured her right, several ribs and her sternum.:cry:

I had to take a taxi home and will need to get back to the hospital tomorrow,ā€¦

The good news is nobody died.

9 Likes

The best news

3 Likes