The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Glad to have you back, even if it is just a fleeting visit.

I take that back, I donā€™t need another person reminding me they ready have their Flipper and have been playing with it, and mine hasnā€™t even been sent yet :wink:

That sounds so wrongā€¦

3 Likes

Just quick question for hid prox gurus

I noticed that the individual code is printed in our badges, and so far all the other ones Iā€™ve looked at (same security level) have the same facility code

Is facility code actually used for anything, or most likely the same for all users?

Iā€™m guessing it depends on how they implemented it, but just curious if thereā€™s common practices

Facility code is usually specific to your facility (although worldwide I am sure there are overlaps). The idea being that everyone in one facility has the same facility code, so if their user id matches one in a different facility they still canā€™t get in.

I meanā€¦ I would expect it

Itā€™s a 2 digit FC and a 4 digit ID

I was just curious if anyone if the same company would have a different FC, because if not I can just visually read the 4 digit ID off the card on the back lol

Most likely would be the same, unless the company has no clue what they are doing (My company for instance). In my company, HR adds badge access, and us in IT just have access ā€œjust in caseā€. Well, HR ran out of badges and just blindly ordered more badges from our security company. They sent us ones with different Facility Codes. So now we have to select ā€œOld Badge Formatā€ and ā€œNew Badge Formatā€ when typing in card numbers and giving access. Luckily, Iā€™m now in charge of ordering the badges and ordered the correct ones for the last purchase we did a few months ago.

Gotcha,

I just wondered how FC was used

They seem to partially know how to fine tune the systemā€¦ as it knows whoā€™s badges are for what shift and wonā€™t let you in more then an hour before your shift or or days you donā€™t work

Wondered if that was part of it

whats up with that?

Looking at the server stats, nothing stands out.
infact, the number of logged in users is slightly down over the preceeding 4 days.

Itā€™s name is On1k0

Iā€™m more worried you thought about fucking a dog in heat as what I meant.

I meant putting diapers on that bitch.

I bet itā€™s in heat too

4 Likes

I know Iā€™ve seen them before, but my search skills are failing me, I donā€™t suppose anyone has links to any of the various removal videos that have been posted to the forum?

All I can find is the support pageā€™s recommended technique video, no actually removals yet

Idk where the other ones are at,
But hereā€™s mine sorry itā€™s hard to see whatā€™s going on
He used a super large needle as a scalpal and made a small exit hole

4 Likes

Satur9 has a couple I can think of

and also Vicarious

those are just off the top of my head, let me know if you need more and Iā€™ll do a proper search

2 Likes

Thatā€™s plenty for me for now, I appreciate the help!

1 Like

Got another interesting comment on my Flipper review:

@amal

7na6kyx

84614-1532336916 (1)

just-kidding-fred-armisen

but-except

8 Likes

Some of you donā€™t even need the tapeā€¦ :magnet_titan:

1 Like

So this forum is one of the better places for me to ask level heads about thisā€¦ since weā€™ve had previous discussions on it,

Pronouns

So I goofed and used the wrong pronouns regarding someone
w/e accidents Happen and I corrected my statements

Sort ofā€¦

It/itā€™s is what the person who was correcting me reminded me of,

But honestly? Iā€™ve never been able to put it into words wellā€¦ but ā€œITā€ doesnā€™t feel comfortable for me to use
It seems objectifying and dehumanizing
(Which granted in this forum takes on a different spin, since many want to become cyborgs lol)
Just feels rude to me in general regardless if someone requests it (putting aside cyborg lifestyle)

So I just changed to using their nameā€¦ which seemed okā€¦ but now Iā€™m wondering if that is or not

Am I right / wrong / other in this situation?

1 Like

This is definitely more valuable with more opinions, but for my piece I thought just using the username was better even than whatever the ā€œcorrectā€ pronouns were. Personally I donā€™t care very much about it, but from a ā€œbetter safe than sorryā€ perspective I would say itā€™s smarter to use their username in any case because the sort of people who specify pronouns might be either at a certain point in their journey or may view gender as a spectrum. If you just use the name then even if they change later the post will still be valid. You might end up deadnaming them posthumously, but like thatā€™s less disruptive I guess and more in their court.

1 Like

I do think the forum type atmosphere is conducive to just using usernames since unless someone lists it in their profile or mentions it you donā€™t know what their preferred pronouns are going to be. There is something magical about not having faces just abstract names and avatars.

This,
I think I tried to say something like this forever ago and probably mangled it

I think someone was clarifying their orientation or something and I found it mildly amusing because I forget that users on this forum arenā€™t their avatarā€¦ let alone that they have any orientation whatsoever

Iā€™m going to be catching up with @darthdomo in july for a biohacker villageā€¦ and the fact that he will have a flesh and blood body and is not in fact a plushy is beyond weird lol

This is why it messes with my when someone changes their avatar because itā€™s like I donā€™t even know who they are anymore lol

3 Likes

https://scitechdaily.com/ultrathin-fuel-cell-generates-electricity-from-your-bodys-own-sugar/ interesting new tech.

2 Likes