The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

CC @Satur9

7 Likes

Hahahaā€¦through-hole parts

1 Like

I have bought a NeueChair, an office chair made by Secret Labs which does gamer chairs.

Looks like an Aeyron from Herman Miller but much cheaper.

1 Like

Iā€™ve searched for a long time and a few months ago I decided to just donā€™t look for cheaper alternatives and Iā€™ve bought the Aeron from Herman Miller. I can only recommend it. Itā€™s expensive, but manā€¦it works. Especially in the US, you can find used Aerons quite easily for cheap: Get A Herman Miller Aeron for CHEAP + Buying Guide!!! - YouTube

Also, this is a must if you intend to get comfortable sometimes: https://atlasheadrest.com/ . You canā€™t tell that itā€™s aftermarket addon - itā€™s really great :slight_smile:

Wh even uses through hole parts these days :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The first chip I ever had in my body was through holeā€¦ Had the thing on the bottom of my foot for a few seconds and it was more painful than an X series.

Iā€™m mostly using SMD stuff nowadays but that comic brought back some childhood memoriesā€¦

2 Likes

You had the tool??? I had a screw driver and legs stuck in my finger :rofl:

1 Like

I didnā€™t but no matter what I did, I always ended up bending the pins on those thingsā€¦

I still have the scar from an accident I had while trying to score a raw PCB to cut it to sizeā€¦

1 Like

I know youā€™re from Germany - did you take a look at Backforce Chairs yet? I have one of them, and I totally love it - especially the synchro mechanism is a wonderful thing to have. Itā€™s not cheap, but itā€™s manufactured in Germany and the quality is really good.
The other chair I use for gaming is the Recaro, which is even a bit better in quality but lacks the synchro mechanism - itā€™s an amazing chair, but a bit expensive :wink:

1 Like

That quantifier is redundant isnā€™t it?
To me German means quality and precision :straight_ruler: :triangular_ruler:

You could have just said

ā€œget a Backforce chair, itā€™s German madeā€ :wink:

1 Like

I think usually, thatā€™s kinda right :wink:
But another big plus for me is that the people who build this chair are paid a fair wage and that the company is actually still a family-run business - doesnā€™t neccessarily lead to better quality, but I like to support such things as well :wink:

4 Likes

Yes! Iā€™m tempted to buy it. It looks so good, but then it also doesnā€™t look to good posture wise.
Itā€™s not very configurable right?
But I agree itā€™s one of the more ethical choices, which is a big plus.

In that budget range, Iā€™d rather buy a new Hermann Miller Embody.
Actually Iā€™ve just written to someone selling a used embody for half the original price, because it has ugly scratches. Iā€™ll see if I can snag that, if I donā€™t find another good used deal Iā€™ll probably get a backforce.

I have read some bad things about them, idk maybe I should igve that one another lookā€¦

I have the One Plus, and I can configure it perfectly - maybe Iā€™m just lucky, but I fit into that chair really well. There are several things you can adjust, so I think if youā€™re not extraordinarily tall or small, it should be okay :wink:
One thing I like a lot about that chair is that I can adjust the seat depth - really nice if youā€™re not so tall.

1 Like

Nice attention to detail Rosco

7 Likes

Iā€™m genuinely surprised anybody even noticed :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And yet, you did it anyway, It says a lot about your personality :+1:

1 Like

How strong are the armrest of the Aeron?
When shifting positions, i usually push myself up on the armrests. Can they support an average human?

2 posts were split to a new topic: I dream of Implants :genie: and a Poll

The best answer I can give you is: go out and try it. I went to an HM reseller here in Czechia, and I spent about two hours trying different chairs and talking to the sales rep there. It was a really good experience. I bet they do this worldwide, so just find your local HM seller and go try it out :slight_smile:

But to give you a personalized answer: It might be a bit weird, but I actually lift almost my full weight when changing positions (you know, I get my butt up by lifting myself up with my hands on the armrests; btw I have ~104 kg) and it never even moved. On the other hand, as I sit/stand up/move, I occasionally move the armrests a bit (they can be extended or rotated without any locking)ā€¦so itā€™s really hard to quantify :smiley: Simply put, the armrests are not a problem for me.

And by the way, it took me about 2 weeks to love the Aeron; at the beginning, my back was hurting a bit, I wasnā€™t sure which position to sit in exactly (how to correctly set up the chair, etc), but then I got used to it and maaaaan itā€™s a big step up from the Ikea Markus which I had before.

Sorry about that. It very likely was the week I had no phone as I broke the screen of my normal phone.

I did say I was logging off. I think :thinking:

I mean yeah, mostly. Still getting hurt often enough.

I miss being here. It has made trying to figure the flipper out of my own a bit interesting.

My apologies again. I logged in quick to update everyone that Iā€™m alive and okay.

Also, I now am fully a stay at home dad, so I try hard to not pick up my phone, as I am back to no computer on hand.
Between a 3 year old, and the past 2 injuries I had. (See pic above for my most recent) I am just busy.

I will log back in today or tomorrow, but I gotta also attend to my puppy who is in heat.

7 Likes